PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

44 minutes ago, Epiiiiiii said:

Harvard Population Health Sciences got a record number of applicants this year! With 800+ applicants but less than 40 spots across all PHS fields of study. Admission letters should be sent out any day now. Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the info. I see that you are a current PHS student. Were you interviewed as part of the process (i.e. prior to acceptance)?

50 minutes ago, Epiiiiiii said:

Harvard Population Health Sciences got a record number of applicants this year! With 800+ applicants but less than 40 spots across all PHS fields of study. Admission letters should be sent out any day now. Good luck everyone!

Hi just wanna know by any chance are those offered interviews automatically accepted? And if you are aware of the number of interviews being given out? Thanks

Edited by scalpelw

On 1/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, Ajrw said:

Nothing yet here. It looked like interview invites had gone out by now last year. Don't go by me though! I am an unconventional candidate so am not really expecting an interview given the competitiveness this year.

What makes you an unconventional candidate may make you a fantastic candidate so don’t convince yourself before you hear back. 

2 hours ago, DarkPassenger said:

Thanks for the info. I see that you are a current PHS student. Were you interviewed as part of the process (i.e. prior to acceptance)?

Yes, I was interviewed twice in early January by two separate faculty members.

2 hours ago, scalpelw said:

Hi just wanna know by any chance are those offered interviews automatically accepted? And if you are aware of the number of interviews being given out? Thanks

I'm not sure what's the number of interviews given out for this year. As for if people who get interviewed will be automatically accepted, speaking from my experience last year, I actually was waitlisted after being interviewed and was lucky enough to get off the waitlist. Hope this helps!

2 hours ago, Epiiiiiii said:

Yes, I was interviewed twice in early January by two separate faculty members.

I'm not sure what's the number of interviews given out for this year. As for if people who get interviewed will be automatically accepted, speaking from my experience last year, I actually was waitlisted after being interviewed and was lucky enough to get off the waitlist. Hope this helps!

Are you aware of anyone in your cohort that was accepted without an interview? Thanks!

5 minutes ago, linda_jhsph said:

Hi, Folks, has anyone been scheduled an interview with JHU (DrPH program) yet? Thanks. 

I've not but it sounded like there was someone else in this thread with an interview with faculty for the HPM track in DrPH. I think health informatics?

12 hours ago, Coffee All Day said:

On the results page, it looks like someone may have gotten an interview invite for the Columbia DrPH program.  Any one hearing anything from that program?  

I just checked my application portal - nothing there. 

2 hours ago, 1stgenPhD said:

Just got rejected from Brown today :) PhD in Behavioral and Social Health Sciences 

happy Monday ~~~~

2 hours ago, MNCH Hopeful said:

Also got rejected from them today. At least the rejection letter was kind! ?

I got the ax from UNC MCH this morning, Brown Epi should be later today. Yay for Monday! 

3 minutes ago, fingazntoescrossd said:

QQ: For those who have interviewed already? What did you wear to your zoom interview? I'm a man, and I don't know whether I should wear a suit and tie or if I should just wear a dress shirt.

I think just the dress shirt is totally fine, I'm a gal but wore a black turtleneck. Not sure what other ppl's interviews were like but the interviewers in mine were dressed on the casual side of business casual :) 

28 minutes ago, fingazntoescrossd said:

QQ: For those who have interviewed already? What did you wear to your zoom interview? I'm a man, and I don't know whether I should wear a suit and tie or if I should just wear a dress shirt.

Female, here. Wore a blazer, button-up, and my lucky fuzzy socks. Did not feel overly dressed. Interviewers were very casual though. 

Something that I think may be important too is making sure your background is professional and visually appealing. Room rater is a good source for tips on camera angles, lighting, etc. 

34 minutes ago, fingazntoescrossd said:

I wore a suit and tie to one interview and just a plain dress shirt to another interview. In both cases the interviewers were just wearing sweaters. Don't think it matters too much for online interviews as long as you look professional.