PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

10 minutes ago, srp10215 said:

Hey! I applied to the PhD program and am not sure if the review timeline for MSPH to PhD is different. 

Have you looked at when people in previous years have heard back? www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=unc+health+behavior&t=a&o=i

@srp10215 I also applied to the same program as you and haven’t heard back either 

6 minutes ago, srp10215 said:

Hey! I applied to the PhD program and am not sure if the review timeline for MSPH to PhD is different. 

Have you looked at when people in previous years have heard back? www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=unc+health+behavior&t=a&o=i

I read that the review timeline is the same.

What was your invite like? Did they specify that you will be meeting a particular faculty member?

Hi! So after receiving that generic "timeline update" email from JHU Epi last week and then not hearing anything, I assumed I was rejected. However, I just received an email asking to schedule an interview with a faculty member. The interview slots are Saturday 1/30 and Monday 2/1. For those who received that email last week and haven't heard anything, don't lose hope! 

12 minutes ago, Baby_Yoda said:

Hi! So after receiving that generic "timeline update" email from JHU Epi last week and then not hearing anything, I assumed I was rejected. However, I just received an email asking to schedule an interview with a faculty member. The interview slots are Saturday 1/30 and Monday 2/1. For those who received that email last week and haven't heard anything, don't lose hope! 

Congrats!!

32 minutes ago, Baby_Yoda said:

Congratulations! Good luck :)

1 hour ago, 1stgenPhD said:

@srp10215 I also applied to the same program as you and haven’t heard back either 

Don't give up yet! Anything can happen. It looks like people are still receiving interview invites from other programs well after they thought they weren't moving forward. 

If you're comfortable with it, I would reach out to the admissions office to see where they are at with their notifications.

1 hour ago, Leget said:

I read that the review timeline is the same.

What was your invite like? Did they specify that you will be meeting a particular faculty member?

The email said that it will be a 15-minute interview with two specific faculty members, one of whom is a POI I mentioned in my statement.

On 1/27/2021 at 8:31 AM, yukikirito said:

Has anyone heard back from UMICH Health Management & Policy, UMN Health Policy & Management?

Not sure if you were referring Health Services Research, Policy & Administration program at UMN. If so, they already sent out official admission letters this Monday. 

1 hour ago, coffeemate said:

I received an invite to interview with BU for their DrPH program earlier this month!

Same here for BU DrPH! Had an interview last week. 

@blakepancakeI applied to Berkeley am *pretty* sure they do not interview, but I'm not 100% sure. I believe we will hear from them in March. So I believe it's just the painful waiting game.

Edited by almondbutter_em

31 minutes ago, srp10215 said:

The email said that it will be a 15-minute interview with two specific faculty members, one of whom is a POI I mentioned in my statement.

Thank you

All the best in your interview

1 hour ago, Baby_Yoda said:

incredible!! what track are you in?

1 hour ago, almondbutter_em said:

Same here for BU DrPH! Had an interview last week. 

@blakepancakeI applied to Berkeley am *pretty* sure they do not interview, but I'm not 100% sure. I believe we will hear from them in March. So I believe it's just the painful waiting game.

How was your BU DrPH interview?  What was it like?

4 hours ago, ivy123 said:

Just received notification that I was recommended for admission to the Health Services Research PhD Program at Brown University. The Graduate School there will be formally sending me my acceptance and offer letter soon. Hope others who applied to the program also hear back positively.

I did too! I'm so thrilled! Also, I received my email of admission at least four hours after you posted this (and after 6pm EST), so it seems that they're being sent out one-by-one for those who are still waiting anxiously for news. 

18 minutes ago, HopingForGoodNews said:

I did too! I'm so thrilled! Also, I received my email of admission at least four hours after you posted this (and after 6pm EST), so it seems that they're being sent out one-by-one for those who are still waiting anxiously for news. 

Congrats! I went there for both undergrad and my masters. Not sure how to PM on here but feel free to if you have questions about school/program :)