PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

7 hours ago, smusdent said:

Has anyone heard back from NYU PhD Biomedical Sciences in Data, Medicine, and Health track, BU PhD in Epidemiology, or Yale PhD Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases? 

Also waiting on BU Epidemiology. I haven't heard anything or seen updates from anyone else.

7 hours ago, smusdent said:

Has anyone heard back from NYU PhD Biomedical Sciences in Data, Medicine, and Health track, BU PhD in Epidemiology, or Yale PhD Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases? 

Hi, I applied to NYU Population Health and was interviewed on Jan 15th. My feeling is that all people with a quantitative focus were interviewed during that week, but I am not 100% sure. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Hope you get good news from NYU and other programs!

1 hour ago, mj123 said:

Dartmouth rejection. Stings, but onward and upward.

1 hour ago, ivy123 said:

sorry to hear that - what program did you apply to? I applied to the PhD in Health Policy and Clinical Pratice

I'm so sorry about the news, mj123 :( Definitely onward and upward. Hope your other apps are making more favorable progress! 

I also applied to Health Policy and Clinical Practice and I'm terrified to hear back. I hate this waiting, but for reason, I'm also scared to hear back at all, either about interviews or rejections. I don't know if anyone else can relate lol

Anyway, good luck to all of us!  

4 hours ago, EpiNYC said:

On the same boat as y'all. I applied to 4. Got 1 rejection, and the other 3 are radio silent. I'll just keep manifesting that I get an acceptance or a last-minute interview invite lol ?

I haven't heard anything since I received a rej on Jan 12... My friend (1st-year PhD) keeps asking me whether there is any updates from my applications... ? He gave me lots of help during my application so I know he is just caring about me.. But it really adds extra pressure on me ?

On 1/22/2021 at 2:38 PM, phph said:

Anyone received the generic timeline update from JHU EPI yesterday (Jan 21) but not yet receive interview invitation? ?  I started to wonder if they are choosing interview candidates from the pool of applicants who got the update email... I saw some updates here about interview invitations soon after the status update...  anyways congrats to those who got the interview! 

Hi! I received this email last week too and still have not heard anything since :( Any updates on your end?

Hey guys! Thanks for sharing all your updates. I interviewed with Johns Hopkins IH folks last week and received an interview request from Dartmouth today. No updates from Harvard PHS (Global health), UNC, Stanford, Columbia and Berkeley. I emailed Harvard admissions as well as the global health dept and they were vague in their responses - same as what someone posted earlier. They said that interviews are not necessary and only conducted if they need more information than what was in the application. Has anyone else applied to Harvard PHS - global health track and been invited to interview? Fingers crossed!

On 1/20/2021 at 11:25 AM, HealthPolicy21 said:

I just received an interview invite for Harvard (Population Health Sciences - Global Health and Population). I also applied to UNC Health Policy and Management but haven’t heard anything yet.

Thanks for sharing. Did you get a sense of whether they interview all candidates or any information about the process?

9 minutes ago, scalpelw said:

Hi guys I applied for Harvard PHS env epi track and attended their interviews in early Jan. Anyone knows how many are offered interviews, number of applicants, and acceptance % for PHS? Thanks!

Hi, did you apply to the env epi track in the EPI department or EH department? The numbers & review process varied a lot within the two departments...

27 minutes ago, phph said:

Hi, did you apply to the env epi track in the EPI department or EH department? The numbers & review process varied a lot within the two departments...

Hi! I applied to the EH department, specializing in env epi!

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/environmental-health/df-doctoral-ee/

Ah thanks for letting me know! Are you an applicant to these departments as well?

Edited by scalpelw

1 minute ago, scalpelw said:

Hi! I applied to the EH department, specializing in env epi!

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/environmental-health/df-doctoral-ee/

Ah thanks for letting me know? Are you an applicant to these departments as well?

Yeah, I applied to EH and heard that number of applicants were similar to past years ~90. There is another post here perhaps you could refer to regarding numbers each department admitted for PHS :)

32 minutes ago, phph said:

Yeah, I applied to EH and heard that number of applicants were similar to past years ~90. There is another post here perhaps you could refer to regarding numbers each department admitted for PHS :)

Thank you! I’m just curious about their % acceptance for those offered an interview!