PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

To the people who asked:

I applied for the Economics track with Decision Sciences as a secondary option. 

I have a MSc in Health Economics and 5 years of policy analysis/academic research experience in health economics.

32 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

I got my first official rejection today: Hopkins Population, Family and Reproductive Health PhD. I was expecting this as I was not invited to interview.

Sorry to hear that! Hope you hear good news from other schools. Did they e-mail you, or did you check the portal?

Just now, DarkPassenger said:

Sorry to hear that! Hope you hear good news from other schools. Did they e-mail you, or did you check the portal?

I saw some rejections on the results page so I checked the portal.

Thank you for the note! I've come to terms with the fact that I'm likely not getting in this year. I only applied to 4 (very competitive) programs. I really like my job and wasn't willing to be very far from family during the pandemic, so I limited my applications to dream schools near family :) Next year I'll expand it out a little more. Best of luck to you and to everyone!

21 minutes ago, publichealthPhD said:

I saw some rejections on the results page so I checked the portal.

Thank you for the note! I've come to terms with the fact that I'm likely not getting in this year. I only applied to 4 (very competitive) programs. I really like my job and wasn't willing to be very far from family during the pandemic, so I limited my applications to dream schools near family :) Next year I'll expand it out a little more. Best of luck to you and to everyone!

Keep your head up. I applied last year to two schools and got rejected. I've been working in research for the time being, and racked up some more experience. This year, I have applied to 10 schools, and received 4 interview invites so far. The road gets better, and YOU get better. Your intentions to pursue doctoral studies becomes stronger (which will show in your future interviews). You'll look back and be like: wow, I really found value in using that extra year to work. It is a learning experience, so interpret it that way!

Edited by DarkPassenger

49 minutes ago, DarkPassenger said:

Keep your head up. I applied last year to two schools and got rejected. I've been working in research for the time being, and racked up some more experience. This year, I have applied to 10 schools, and received 4 interview invites so far. The road gets better, and YOU get better. Your intentions to pursue doctoral studies becomes stronger (which will show in your future interviews). You'll look back and be like: wow, I really found value in using that extra year to work. It is a learning experience, so interpret it that way!

What a great perspective and attitude!! Thank you for sharing this valuable insight!!

6 minutes ago, Chitown_lauren said:

Hi! Has anyone heard anything from Yale's PhD in Chronic Disease Epi? It looks like from years past interviews have been released around this time!

Also waiting to hear back from them! I'm sure everything will come out later than in previous years.

Just now, drunkenduck said:

I got rejected from UIC today, too :(

Sorry to hear about that. Honestly, I am loosing hopes with each passing day. Drexel and WashU have already sent interview invites. So no hopes from there as well. UNC mch already seems to be a very competitive program.