PhD/DrPH Applicants: Fall 2021

Congrats to those who already interviewed or got interview invitations, and also best wishes to those haven’t heard back from any program yet like me!

I become anxious these days and gradually lost my confidence in this application cycle ?

Did anyone heard back from BU EPI and Emory EPI yet? I know that Emory’s virtual visit day is coming but am still clueless about BU.?

40 minutes ago, cjz0318 said:

Congrats to those who already interviewed or got interview invitations, and also best wishes to those haven’t heard back from any program yet like me!

I become anxious these days and gradually lost my confidence in this application cycle ?

Did anyone heard back from BU EPI and Emory EPI yet? I know that Emory’s virtual visit day is coming but am still clueless about BU.?

I got an email two days ago for an Emory EPI visit day invite. Haven't heard about BU EPI but from previous years looks like interview invites begin late january/early feb. 

Just now, brightbluebirds said:

I got an email two days ago for an Emory EPI visit day invite. Haven't heard about BU EPI but from previous years looks like interview invites begin late january/early feb. 

Congrats on getting the visit day invite! I guess Emory already send out all invitation then...

1 hour ago, mj123 said:

Me. Haven’t heard. Got the generic and then nothing. Maybe it depends on what track you applied to? Which one for you?

Environmental epi track. Wasn't sure if they're doing the track-specific selection or just department wide... 

53 minutes ago, xxxxling said:

I have a feeling that at least for SBS, students would need interviews for admission. The second POI I emailed knew that I had a zoom with the first POI so she said she didn't have much to add. She said if my application moves to the interview stage of the review processes, she would probably be one of my interviewers. I think this indicated that all students would need to get into the interview round. Well I have not heard from them so I am assuming I didn't get into the next stage. 

Thank you for the heads up! I'm starting to feel the same way :( 

4 hours ago, phph said:

Anyone received the generic timeline update from JHU EPI yesterday (Jan 21) but not yet receive interview invitation? ?  I started to wonder if they are choosing interview candidates from the pool of applicants who got the update email... I saw some updates here about interview invitations soon after the status update...  anyways congrats to those who got the interview! 

Hi! I received the email and have not received an interview invite either. I do think it's possible that they sent this to all applicants, not just those who will receive an interview. I'm trying not to read into it too much, but it is hard not to. I was feeling pretty calm about things, but that email definitely made me feel a little anxious! 

3 hours ago, Baby_Yoda said:

Hi! I received the email and have not received an interview invite either. I do think it's possible that they sent this to all applicants, not just those who will receive an interview. I'm trying not to read into it too much, but it is hard not to. I was feeling pretty calm about things, but that email definitely made me feel a little anxious! 

Same here! Was excited about that email then hearing nothing made me feel anxious. Thank you for sharing :) it’s good to talk to someone with same experience. Hope we all get the results we want in the end! 

18 hours ago, potlucknopotatosalad said:

Those who interviewed with Harvard PHS, do you have an idea when decisions will go out? Or if all admitted students were also interviewed? I haven’t heard from the epi department and I and starting to lose hope ?.

Th prof I interviewed with said decisions would be available by the second week of February. I am not sure whether an interview is required to be admitted.

Edited by bstat95

1 hour ago, blan said:

Any news from Harvard Health Policy PhD regarding timelines or interviews? 

Still waiting as well. Mind telling what concentration you applied to? Any others here?

Edited by PhdPHS

Just now, DarkPassenger said:

I see. I heard the program takes roughly 5-6 years to complete. Do you know anything about this? I'm wondering if people can complete it in 3-4 years.

I heard it takes a minimum of 5 years and there are even some who take like 7-8 years to complete it. Not sure why is that though. 3-4 seems pretty impossible?

4 minutes ago, PhdPHS said:

I heard it takes a minimum of 5 years and there are even some who take like 7-8 years to complete it. Not sure why is that though. 3-4 seems pretty impossible?

I see. 7-8 years is insane lol. Btw, if you don't mind me asking, what is your profile like (publications, work exp, stats, etc.)?

Edited by DarkPassenger

Just now, DarkPassenger said:

I see. 7-8 years is insane lol. Btw, if you don't mind asking, what is your profile like (publications, work exp, stats, etc.)?

Sure my stats are pretty average 3.75 gpa, MPH from top 5, 2 years work exp, no pubs but 2 in prep, done a few years research. I also applied to Hopkins and BU. What about yours?

48 minutes ago, PublicHealthRN said:

Hi All,

I’m new to the group but wanted to wish all of you the best of luck this cycle! Did anyone else apply for University of Washington’s PhD in Health Services program? 

Thanks! 

Hi. I interviewed with them last week. Wasn’t a great fit though, compared to USF, so I won’t attend if accepted.