MFA 2021 Freak Out Forum

SocialKonstruct

10 hours ago, aniben3 said:

Has anyone heard anything from VCU Craft & Material studies? 

I had a phone call conversation with them on 2/11. I was told I was either accepted or waitlisted for ceramics. He said each area (ceramics, fiber, etc.) picks who they want & then they all get together & decide as a group who to admit. So he didn’t know in what group I’d be until they went over the candidates together.

7 minutes ago, HB9bird said:

I had a phone call conversation with them on 2/11. I was told I was either accepted or waitlisted for ceramics. He said each area (ceramics, fiber, etc.) picks who they want & then they all get together & decide as a group who to admit. So he didn’t know in what group I’d be until they went over the candidates together.

Thank you for this! I wonder when they'll all get together... I'm so curious. 

Edited by aniben3
typo

Updates:

SAIC Painting: Interviewed with 2 friendly & supportive faculty members (decision coming in 2 weeks)
SAIC Low Residency Program: Accepted (via USPS mail)
Bard: Waiting to hear (anyone hear anything from Bard yet?)

Edited by Visually

3 hours ago, berries said:

Still waiting. I'm assuming I'm rejected. Has anyone who interviewed for Tyler painting heard back? They told me I will hear from them in mid February but still nothing.

I'm still waiting to hear from Tyler painting, as well. Maybe they are working on the financial aid packages before sending out notifications - just a hopeful guess.

1 hour ago, katfude said:

To anyone interviewing with BU Sculpture.. I just went, and it was an absolute dream! Essentially just a long winded continuous conversation about studio practice-- no "Why grad school" "Why BU" etc. David is really chill and articulate and a great calming presence. 

To anyone interviewing with BU, I have great insight of the program. I graduated from BU with a BFA in sculpture. I worked with the faculty for years and they are wonderful! David was actually one of my references for this application cycle! :) 

12 hours ago, SocialKonstruct said:

Any word from Hunter or Columbia yet?

I thought someone on here had received a request from Columbia Sculpture? I hadn't so I crossed it off my list /: 

17 minutes ago, Artist99 said:

To anyone interviewing with BU, I have great insight of the program. I graduated from BU with a BFA in sculpture. I worked with the faculty for years and they are wonderful! David was actually one of my references for this application cycle! :) 

Oh wow, thank you so much-- I might actually take you up on that! If that interview was anything like how the program functions, then it feels like a really great fit. 

Just now, tdrae said:

Awesome!! Congrats (and finally we hear word from Bard!!) :) 

May I ask how you received the invitation: email/ phone/etc...??

They emailed me that an update has been posted to my application status page. I'm currently out of the country, so I'm not sure if it's how they contact everyone who pass the first round. I hope this helps!

Hey here’s an update in case it helps anyone?

Yale sculpture: rejected

Columbia sculpture: interview request a few days ago

Bard sculpture: interview request today

UCLA sculpture: No interview request, but they reached out to my recommenders. So status pending

MIT ACT: interview to occur this week

RISD Sculpture: Admitted after interview 

Good luck everyone!

Has anyone heard from UCI? I was expecting an update last week following my interview at the beginning of the month. Also, did anyone else apply to USC, I have heard anything at all. I am so anxiously awaiting the results. ughhh

7 minutes ago, Artist99 said:

Has anyone heard from UCI? I was expecting an update last week following my interview at the beginning of the month. Also, did anyone else apply to USC, I have heard anything at all. I am so anxiously awaiting the results. ughhh

I applied to USC as well and haven't heard anything either. This wait is so hard!