31 minutes ago, neuroling said:

I think this has already been discussed but I just don't have the energy to find it again - I just caught an error in my GPA calculation on ORPAS. How long has it taken them up update errors in calculations for others? My fault for not noticing it sooner, but I'm a little nervous with Mac interview offers being sent out as soon as tomorrow

Hey! I messaged SAM on Wednesday night about my error and it was fixed by midday on Thursday. I hope it works out!!

Edited by speechncookies

57 minutes ago, neuroling said:

I think this has already been discussed but I just don't have the energy to find it again - I just caught an error in my GPA calculation on ORPAS. How long has it taken them to update errors in calculations for others? My fault for not noticing it sooner, but I'm a little nervous with Mac interview offers being sent out as soon as tomorrow

Hey! I don't want to be discouraging, but the email ORPAS sent when they first got posted said "You are responsible for reporting any changes required to your academic record by February 19, 2021", so I just wanted to give you a heads up in case it might be too late. Nonetheless, it's definitely worth contacting SAM in case they can still change it!

For me when they needed to update my new grades it was done within 24 hours of them receiving my updated transcript. So, if they are still able to make corrections, then they should be able to do it quite quickly! 

Good luck :) 

7 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Hey! I don't want to be discouraging, but the email ORPAS sent when they first got posted said "You are responsible for reporting any changes required to your academic record by February 19, 2021", so I just wanted to give you a heads up in case it might be too late. Nonetheless, it's definitely worth contacting SAM in case they can still change it!

For me when they needed to update my new grades it was done within 24 hours of them receiving my updated transcript. So, if they are still able to make corrections, then they should be able to do it quite quickly! 

Thanks for the heads up! I've reached out, so we'll see - it was an error in the calculation of my 2019 average, I had checked everything else. 

5 minutes ago, MiaSLP said:

Congratulations to everyone who heard back from McMaster!! Do you guys mind sharing your sGPAs?? 

I obsessively went back to check and those who got the invitation and that shared their subGPA have a 3.90, 3.88, 3.84.

I have a 3.67 and haven't received anything, so I guess I didn't make the cut ?

Just now, tazm said:

Would Mcmaster have sent all interview emails this morning? Or will they be going alphabetically?

My last name starts with S so I dont think that it's alphabetical, but I think they will send more out later

Just now, slp2020ab said:

I obsessively went back to check and those who got the invitation and that shared their subGPA have a 3.90, 3.88, 3.84.

I have a 3.67 and haven't received anything, so I guess I didn't make the cut ?

Ah! Okay, I guess that explains it. I’ve seen some people get interviews in the mid 3.7’s so i’m trying to stay positive :(

1 hour ago, coco_SLP said:

Hey everyone! I received an MMI interview invitation for McMaster via email this morning :) so they've started sending them out now!

Congratulations! I also got mine this morning. Is anyone else extremely nervous for the MMIs? 

29 minutes ago, MiaSLP said:

Ah! Okay, I guess that explains it. I’ve seen some people get interviews in the mid 3.7’s so i’m trying to stay positive :(

Hopefully! The email I received says we have to respond with accept or decline by February 26th, meanwhile their website says offers can go out until March 2nd. So maybe if people respond that they won't be attending or don't respond by that deadline, then maybe they might send more offers out? I know in the past there's been a waitlist people make it in off of, so stay hopeful! 

7 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Hopefully! The email I received says we have to respond with accept or decline by February 26th, meanwhile their website says offers can go out until March 2nd. So maybe if people respond that they won't be attending or don't respond by that deadline, then maybe they might send more offers out? I know in the past there's been a waitlist people make it in off of, so stay hopeful! 

Thanks so much for this! 

24 minutes ago, nessiespeech said:

Congrats to everyone who received an invitation to MMI! I also received my invite this morning :) This might be a stupid question but I just wanted to make sure that the time of the interview in the email is EST not PST?

I would assume so! Since that's the time zone McMaster is in. Additionally, in their email they said applicants must confirm their acceptance by "Friday February 26, 2021 at 11:59 pm (EST)" so I think it's safe to assume any times they list moving forward are in EST. :) 

Also, for those of you who didn't receive an email from McMaster yet (or who might not receive one at all), I just want to say please don't let this discourage you from your chances with your other applications!

I think it's really important to keep in mind that McMaster is the school that values grades more than anything else, seeing as they don't require the GRE, CASPer, letters of intent, references, clinical experience, or any way to demonstrate skills outside of academia. So with that being said, if you're someone who might not have the highest GPA but do have good supplemental experience, letters, referees, etc. then you definitely still have a strong chance at some of the other schools who value those aspects!

Basically, don't let McMaster using one number (GPA) for this part of their selection lessen your confidence in your applications for other schools. We all have different skills sets, and I wish you the best of luck with any of the schools you may have applied to!

:) 

1 minute ago, coco_SLP said:

Also, for those of you who didn't receive an email from McMaster yet (or who might not receive one at all), I just want to say please don't let this discourage you from your chances with your other applications!

I think it's really important to keep in mind that McMaster is the school that values grades more than anything else, seeing as they don't require the GRE, CASPer, letters of intent, references, clinical experience, or any way to demonstrate skills outside of academia. So with that being said, if you're someone who might not have the highest GPA but do have good supplemental experience, letters, referees, etc. then you definitely still have a strong chance at some of the other schools who value those aspects!

Basically, don't let McMaster using one number (GPA) for this part of their selection lessen your confidence in your applications for other schools. We all have different skills sets, and I wish you the best of luck with any of the schools you may have applied to!

Really needed to hear this right now given that my sGPA is only 3.43. I wasn't holding out too much hope on McMaster for this exact reason, but no amount of preparation will prepare you for that discouraged feeling. Nonetheless, thank you for this post during this time - I'm sure there's lots of us out there who appreciate hearing it! 

Keep positive guys. Sending everyone good vibes :)

10 minutes ago, coco_SLP said:

Thank you for this. It is so nice to be reminded that my entire worth isn't measured by subGPA... Even if today it feels like it is.