DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

8 hours ago, AHPK said:

Has your funding end date also been changed?

2-3 weeks is so awful :(

I know they are facing with first COVID 19 situation so it must be little delay compared to the last year,

but it is toooooooo frustrated.

Hello, Indonesian PhD applicant here.

My funding date has also been changed, similar to yours, from 31.09.2024 to 31.09.2022, where, according to the old threads here and my colleague who got DAAD PhD scholarship back in 2013, a good sign (they give the contract yearly, thus the funding duration is usually a year and prolonged subsequently). Nonetheless, let's keep our fingers crossed. :)

Aaand, with respect to last year's situation, it was worse (according to another colleague of mine who got the scholarship). She got a call confirming her funding in late May and she finally got her Letter of Award in July from the Portal. So, I guess, with result from another region were already announced (East Africa, Turkey, Mexico and Balkan), we can hope that our result, at least for PhD applicants in Asia-Pacific, will not be too far behind :)

Ah yeah, as an additional info, my Portal has stayed as 'Selection Made' for the whole March after I went to the interview on mid-February, where the DAAD officer there said that the result should be out on the end of March or early April. I guess Osternferien from 29 March to 5 April complicate things a bit. However, let's keep the energy high and I wish everybody here good luck!

Hi everyone. 

I received an email from Bonn to coordinate the German course, notifying me that I have been selected and in the next few days I will receive the award letter on the DAAD portal.

At the moment, my status remains: "Selection made", (Research Grants - Doctoral Programs in Germany scholarship, 2021/22).

Does anyone know the exact dates of the four-month online German course that starts in June 2021?

Best regards from Colombia! ?

45 minutes ago, JFCB said:

Hi everyone. 

I received an email from Bonn to coordinate the German course, notifying me that I have been selected and in the next few days I will receive the award letter on the DAAD portal.

At the moment, my status remains: "Selection made", (Research Grants - Doctoral Programs in Germany scholarship, 2021/22).

Does anyone know the exact dates of the four-month online German course that starts in June 2021?

Based on the award letter...German language course starts on 01/06 to 30/09. The entire programme with be online.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:03 PM, Lorena DLDM said:

Hi everyone, does anyone who has gotten the funding knows what kind of visa to apply for? I’ve been having trouble with that .... help 

If you stay longer than 90 days, you will need an national visa/study purpose and when you get to Germany get a residence permit. If you tell me which country you are from and why you are going (study  or research) I can give you more details.

3 hours ago, JFCB said:

Hi everyone. 

Is it going to be a class-alike course? Or just recorded lessons, or something similar?

Still, many congratulations ??

Hi, I have got a status change to "Selection Made"  on the 23th March. Since then nothing changed on the portal. Is it a bad sign? 

Type: Master for all Disciplines

12 hours ago, JFCB said:

Hi everyone. 

Hello. Did you write them to know the result, or?

9 hours ago, Cam31 said:

Is it going to be a class-alike course? Or just recorded lessons, or something similar?

Still, many congratulations ??

Hello Cam31.

As I understand it, the classes are online with schedules and assigned teacher.

?

4 hours ago, Verner said:

Hi, I have got a status change to "Selection Made"  on the 23th March. Since then nothing changed on the portal. Is it a bad sign? 

Type: Master for all Disciplines

Hi! Also from Azerbaijan and applying for Master for all disciplines. I also have the same status since 23/03 but haven't heard anything yet since then. The local DAAD team has not replied my email regarding on the funding announcement dates either.  I want to believe that this is not a bad sign :)  Let me know if anything changes for you.

Just now, fabricaster said:

Hi! Also from Azerbaijan and applying for Master for all disciplines. I also have the same status since 23/03 but haven't heard anything yet since then. The local DAAD team has not replied my email regarding on the funding announcement dates either.  I want to believe that this is not a bad sign :) Let me know if anything changes for you.

I have written to local DAAD and they said that the results will come out in the middle of april or even later. But in the interview we were told in the first week of april. That is why i was a bit confused. 

1 hour ago, Verner said:

I have written to local DAAD and they said that the results will come out in the middle of april or even later. But in the interview we were told in the first week of april. That is why i was a bit confused. 

Same for me. They told me to expect the results this week on interview too. Well let's wait and see then. Thanks for sharing :)

Hi everyone, I have just noticed that my Funding ending date have been changed, so maybe this week i will have some news. ? According to what i have read in the chat that is a great new ?. Still waiting for funding.  

Kind regards

On 4/1/2021 at 4:40 PM, MinhSg said:

Hi there,

Update from Vietnam. I've just got a rejection letter from DAAD.

However, I still finger cross for you all! Best luck!

Im sorry this has to happen. Hope you will get better soon. What is your scholarship program you apply for and your major. 

Best regards

10 hours ago, Dayi said:

Hi everyone, I have just noticed that my Funding ending date have been changed, so maybe this week i will have some news. ? According to what i have read in the chat that is a great new ?. Still waiting for funding.  

Kind regards

What have you chosen for your funding period? In my case it is: 01.10.2021-30.09.2023

Did they change your choice? 

3 hours ago, AP_sun said:

So you won't have to be in Germany by that time?

It won't be necessary to be in Germany during that coz there won't be stipend to sustain one during that period unlike in the previous years.

50 minutes ago, Dimba said:

It won't be necessary to be in Germany during that coz there won't be stipend to sustain one during that period unlike in the previous years.

Understand, but if you can fund yourself during that time can you be in Germany? Because you will have right to be there anyway, so I'm thinking about looking for part-time job, accommodation in advance and so on.

1 hour ago, AP_sun said:

Understand, but if you can fund yourself during that time can you be in Germany? Because you will have right to be there anyway, so I'm thinking about looking for part-time job, accommodation in advance and so on.

It's fine if u can fund ur stay during that period...I also plan to travel earlier coz my supervisor wants us to start the project earlier.

7 hours ago, Verner said:

What have you chosen for your funding period? In my case it is: 01.10.2021-30.09.2023

Did they change your choice? 

I have applied to a bi-nationally doctoral program (3 years with 24 months of funding), I have chosen from 1-06-2021 to 31-05-2024, and they changed the ending funding date to 31-05-2022. I have read in this chat that this is a good signal, so maybe this week i will receive the funding, i hope. My status is "selection made"

On 3/26/2021 at 2:08 PM, CLM24105 said:

Hello everyone !

Is  anybody here from France ? I applied for a DAAD Scholarship- Master Studies for All Academic Disciplines and still waiting for the results ?

The deadline to submit our application was the 1st of February and if I am not wrong, we didn´t have to take an interview (there was no pre-selection).

Thank you all in advance if you do have any clue!

Hello! 

I applied from France too but for a research grant. At the begininng of March they wrote asking me my bac certificate and told me to wait for the results at the end of April ! 

Best of luck to you!