DAAD Scholarship 2021-2022

JJ2888

38 minutes ago, mira_ said:

Hi guys, did any of the PhD applicants here received a German Lesson enrollment from Carl Duisberg? I didn't receive anything from DAAD yet but I just got an email that I got enrolled for German lesson under "Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst"

From Asia Pacific Region

Mine everything remain silent still. So you got the scholarship then, congratulations. Btw, may I ask which country you from?

6 hours ago, Ys8503 said:

Just recieved an email to say that I had got a scholarship for Masters All Disciplines!! (New Zealand). Nothing's changed on the portal yet - just the email

Congrats!!! Australia here, also received the same email today. Do you know where we can find that "daad personal reference number" they're asking about?

5 hours ago, Zhama said:

I've just got the results. Reserve candidate. Sigh... What are actually the chances to get the scholarship? I think it's impossible that someone may deny this kind of offer. Do you guys know anyone who got scholarship after being reserved?

My country is Kyrgyzstan.

Hey! I think that there are still chances, don't get too upset!

3 hours ago, mira_ said:

Hi guys, did any of the PhD applicants here received a German Lesson enrollment from Carl Duisberg? I didn't receive anything from DAAD yet but I just got an email that I got enrolled for German lesson under "Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst"

From Asia Pacific Region

Your Award Letter should not be too far behind, at least that was my case. I got an enrollment notice from another German Lesson before I got the Award Letter. The Award Letter was sent the next day after the German Lesson Enrollment Letter.

I am from SEA region.

2 hours ago, Autumn Equinox said:

Congrats!!! Australia here, also received the same email today. Do you know where we can find that "daad personal reference number" they're asking about?

In my case, Reference Number is stated on your Award Letter, which will be sent to you via your Portal.

Hey guys. some Georgian applicants had their status changed to "Application rejected' yesterday and I know that oneĀ received an email informing him that he is in the waiting list. My application status stillĀ says "Selection made" which I think is a good sign (I hoooooooope). Do we have any idea when they generally change status of the applicants whose applications were not marked as rejected? Ā do they send emails or what? It has been 8 months for gods sakeĀ ?

1 minute ago, Humbd said:

Someone from the sectionĀ Western, Northern and Southern Europe received something? Changes in the portal or any sign of hope?Ā 

No news from Belgium! I don't know any other Belgian applicant though (and haven't spotted anyone on this forum) so any info I have is just my personal info. Was hoping they'd keep their promise of "3 weeks after our meeting in March" but alas... They could at least letĀ us know if there's a delayĀ ?

52 minutes ago, cutepsycho88 said:

Sadly, I got aĀ rejection status on the portal. No message and no mail. Ukraine, all disciplinesĀ 

Wow. I'm also from Ukraine, also master all disciplines, but no changes yet.

But thanks for letting know. They could be not far from sharing results in Eastern Europe then.

10 hours ago, Zhama said:

I've just got the results. Reserve candidate. Sigh... What are actually the chances to get the scholarship? I think it's impossible that someone may deny this kind of offer. Do you guys know anyone who got scholarship after being reserved?

My country is Kyrgyzstan.

There are a lot of reasons someone might deny the offer - perhaps they got a scholarship for another country or something, or their circumstances have changed so that they can't go anymore.

5 hours ago, Autumn Equinox said:

Congrats to you too!!! There's a number you can find in the main table with your status, etc, and in the heading for your messages. I just put this, even though it doesn't start with 9, asĀ I couldn't see any other numbers on the page. She didn't correct me, so I assume I got the right one!

An update from Asia Pacific region regarding DAAD short term research grants for doctoral student:

Sadly, I got a rejection application statusĀ from DAAD portal. No message and no emails.

Still, wish you all good luck with the final decision.

7 hours ago, mira_ said:

From Asia Pacific Region

I did....I got a message from them today.my language course to start on 31/05 to 30/9. 3 lesson a day 45 mins each, Mon to Fri, 5 tutorials per week. It will be via zoom more info in a month toĀ  start date.

Hello...For PhD applicants who received award letters, has anyone received insurance certificate? I haven't receive mine and due to attend visa appointment and the certificate is required.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Dimba said:

Hello...For PhD applicants who received award letters, has anyone received insurance certificate? I haven't receive mine and due to attend visa appointment and the certificate is required.Ā 

I have. After submittting the consent for medical data and wait for 3-4 working days, I got the Certificate last Tuesday.Ā 

2 minutes ago, sinosuke93 said:

I have. After submittting the consent for medical data and wait for 3-4 working days, I got the Certificate last Tuesday.Ā 

I don't know what is wrong with mine coz I sent the consent to process my medical data on 27/03 but haven't received the insurance certificate. I even contacted DAAD via portal but they haven't responded.

6 minutes ago, sinosuke93 said:

When are you start your language course?. What can I do get the certificate of insurance? I have an interview for my passport next week?

Ā 

30 minutes ago, Dimba said:

I don't know what is wrong with mine coz I sent the consent to process my medical data on 27/03 but haven't received the insurance certificate. I even contacted DAAD via portal but they haven't responded.

Ā 

29 minutes ago, Dimba said:

When are you start your language course?. What can I do get the certificate of insurance? I have an interview for my passport next week?

Ā 

Have you contacted the Insurance section? There is a different Message button for Insurance and other things, you should check on 'Insurance' tab.

I'll start my course on early August. In my country, there are no available interview appointment in sight (for the next 2 months at least), so it's good to hear that you'll have the interview next week.

9 hours ago, sinosuke93 said:

In my case, Reference Number is stated on your Award Letter, which will be sent to you via your Portal.

Ah in our case they haven't sent the letter yet, just asking for some information to prepare the award letter.

5 hours ago, Ys8503 said:

Congrats to you too!!! There's a number you can find in the main table with your status, etc, and in the heading for your messages. I just put this, even though it doesn't start with 9, asĀ I couldn't see any other numbers on the page. She didn't correct me, so I assume I got the right one!

Thanks very much!Ā I finally found the number - it's on the application summary (the cover sheet to application, page 1, there's a "personal ID" number). It does start with 9 in my case. Not sure it's the same place you found it but I doubt it's a big deal anyway :).Ā  WhereĀ are you going to study?Ā 

Edited by Autumn Equinox
Typo

13 hours ago, Salome Margvelashvili said:

Hey guys. some Georgian applicants had their status changed to "Application rejected' yesterday and I know that oneĀ received an email informing him that he is in the waiting list. My application status stillĀ says "Selection made" which I think is a good sign (I hoooooooope). Do we have any idea when they generally change status of the applicants whose applications were not marked as rejected? Ā do they send emails or what? It has been 8 months for gods sakeĀ ?

We have the same situation here in Azerbaijan. 2 days ago rejections were sent and their status changed, but we(me and about 12 applicants that I know) still have selection made status and wait for an email to knowĀ  whether we are in the reserve list or we got the scholarship. I do hope we will get some news today.

As far as I know we would get an email saying that there is a new message on the portal and the message will be on the page "application overview" not in inbox.

Edited by Verner