2021 Chemistry PhD Admissions Results

a1120

On 1/5/2021 at 6:25 PM, chempb said:

Update from me, I got acceptance emails from both UCLA and UC Irvine in late December. Still waiting on Northwestern, UC Santa Barbara and Washington. 

Can you please share when you applied to UCI and when were you accepted? Did you contact the POI?

9 hours ago, Hb94 said:

Can you please share when you applied to UCI and when were you accepted? Did you contact the POI?

Sure! I applied by mid Novemebr, so pretty early. I did not contact any POI, and recieved an email saying my admission status was updated on the portal on December 23.  

1 hour ago, chempb said:

Sure! I applied by mid Novemebr, so pretty early. I did not contact any POI, and recieved an email saying my admission status was updated on the portal on December 23.  

Thanks for the response. I had a fone call with one of POI at UCI and she assured to look up for my application once i submitted it. I wonder why I have not heard back yet.

Congratulations on your accepts and good luck! 

2 minutes ago, kittensneezesforever said:

@kenzithecatI received an acceptance to MIT yesterday via email! I think they must be sending them out slowly however so fingers crossed for you!

Congrats!! That's amazing. Did they tell you in the email or did they tell you to check the portal? 

43 minutes ago, kenzithecat said:

Congrats!! That's amazing. Did they tell you in the email or did they tell you to check the portal? 

Thank you! They told me in an email and then sent out an official acceptance letter with stipend details very soon after.

Fall 2020 applicant and current first-year here, came back to offer reassurances because I know it's a stressful time for everyone. I'm wishing all of you luck. Also, don't panic if you haven't heard back from your top choices yet. Covid is causing a ton of delays. Hang in there! ?  

4 hours ago, isk20 said:

Fall 2020 applicant and current first-year here, came back to offer reassurances because I know it's a stressful time for everyone. I'm wishing all of you luck. Also, don't panic if you haven't heard back from your top choices yet. Covid is causing a ton of delays. Hang in there! ?  

Thank you for this!! I'm glad admissions are really moving slow this year, have only heard back from 3/10 schools.

4 minutes ago, Hb94 said:

Can anyone who got an accept from Utah share their their profile? and When they submitted their application?

I got an acceptance into chemistry and an interview into biosciences program. I submitted my app on Nov. 30 - decent gpa, 3 publications, 2.5 years undergrad research, 1 year at pharma, national conference presentations, student athlete

8 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I got an acceptance into chemistry and an interview into biosciences program. I submitted my app on Nov. 30 - decent gpa, 3 publications, 2.5 years undergrad research, 1 year at pharma, national conference presentations, student athlete

Congratulations on the accept! Can you you please share when did you recieve an accept and do you have any clue if all accepts have been sent out?

Just now, Hb94 said:

Congratulations on the accept! Can you you please share when did you recieve an accept and do you have any clue if all accepts have been sent out?

Thank you! I received my email on Dec 21. I think they are still accepting people because there were two new ones posted today, but other than that, I'm not sure. Best of luck to you!!!! Everything has a way of working itself out. 

4 minutes ago, D. B. said:

Thank you! I received my email on Dec 21. I think they are still accepting people because there were two new ones posted today, but other than that, I'm not sure. Best of luck to you!!!! Everything has a way of working itself out. 

Yours was a really early accept. Thanks for your kind words. Good luck to you.