OISE Master of Teaching 2021 UofT

fxyz_

1 hour ago, goodnightburrito said:

Its just very frustrating that all the official websites state that you'll hear back no sooner than early march, and even later than that if you applied after the due date. and we know that they aren't sticking to that, which is fine, but there's no statement on the website explaining why. It's just heightening the stress.   

I totally understand. It's just making everyone nervous ?.

17 hours ago, Vince.F said:

I applied maybe a week after the deadline and heard back on February 18th, i'm sure they're still meandering through applications plus within the next couple of weeks people will accept offers to different programs/schools and a bunch of spots will begin to open up. Wishing you the best of luck!!

Hopefully we hear from them soon. I can't stand waiting. ?

When I emailed admissions, they replied with the following: 

Thank you for your interest in graduate studies at OISE.  

Notification of results are provided to applicants via the online admissions application. We start uploading letters in early March and continue into March, April, and sometimes later months. If you submit a complete application by November 16, you should receive a decision sometime in March. If you submit an application after November 16, decisions are available within three to six weeks of application submission, but no sooner than early March. 

1 hour ago, optimistic_ said:

Keep in mind that the early admissions that went out have a 3 week window to accept, so this week they will expire and many more seats will become available with people choosing between their multiple offers, or straight up rejecting them.

well, nothing today, so hopefully you're right! I've got my fingers crossed I'll hear one way or another next week. 

On 2/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, cakebytheocean said:

Yes! I just accepted my offer of admission to the MACSE program but I was also admitted into MT for p/j so theoretically there would be a spot in the MT program  

How exactly (please) did you find out? Ryerson student, so don't have a UofT account. Just application portal profile

12 minutes ago, yaluyg said:

How exactly (please) did you find out? Ryerson student, so don't have a UofT account. Just application portal profile

You should have a UoT account, currently I’m a UoG student and I was still able to log into my UoT account, which is where I originally found I got accepted. Either way though, I did get official acceptance letters on my admissions portal for both the MACSE program and the MT program. 

9 minutes ago, cakebytheocean said:

You should have a UoT account, currently I’m a UoG student and I was still able to log into my UoT account, which is where I originally found I got accepted. Either way though, I did get official acceptance letters on my admissions portal for both the MACSE program and the MT program. 

How did you get a UofT account? Did not receive an email with a link or anything

46 minutes ago, yaluyg said:

How did you get a UofT account? Did not receive an email with a link or anything

I honestly don’t think I ever got an email with the log in credentials or anything but I did apply to UoT for my undergrad (but I didn’t end up going there). My account is the same though from when I did apply in undergrad! Sorry that’s probably not super helpful haha

3 hours ago, yaluyg said:

So I originally also didn't have a UofT account (also a ryerson student) but I emailed the OISE admissions requesting my JOINid information. Then they gave me the info with a link to set up my U of T account so I can access ACORN. If you google how to get a JOINid on U of T OISE website it should give you info, thats how I was able to find out. 

26 minutes ago, hans12 said:

I recently got accepted and my deadline is this Friday, does everyone have the same one? 

Congratulations! Could you please tell us for what stream (PJ, JI, IS) you applied, your GPA and your experience? Thankyou very much ?

4 hours ago, yaluyg said:

I got an email from admissions.sgs@utoronto.ca with the subject line "Important: Your UofT JoinID" and it was really easy to set up from there. It walks you through verifying your account, and then you can log into Acorn with that information. 

2 minutes ago, canada2021 said:

Congratulations! Could you please tell us for what stream (PJ, JI, IS) you applied, your GPA and your experience? Thankyou very much ?

Hi friend! Thank you! 

Stream: PJ

Gpa: Im currently in 4th year so I applied with my 3rd year marks which was a B-average. But I emailed admissions my updated transcript in January for my last semester because I had an A-average. I'm not sure if they took it into consideration though.  

Experience: 1800+ hours with classroom experience. 

However I was told that oise accepts students based on 50% gpa and 50% exp + letter of intent. The letter of intent is so so important and if you have a super strong letter and talk about uoft/oise's values and include them into your own values - they love that stuff. Hope that answers all your questions!!

19 minutes ago, Poscy said:

Hi friend! Thank you! 

Stream: PJ

Gpa: Im currently in 4th year so I applied with my 3rd year marks which was a B-average. But I emailed admissions my updated transcript in January for my last semester because I had an A-average. I'm not sure if they took it into consideration though.  

Experience: 1800+ hours with classroom experience. 

However I was told that oise accepts students based on 50% gpa and 50% exp + letter of intent. The letter of intent is so so important and if you have a super strong letter and talk about uoft/oise's values and include them into your own values - they love that stuff. Hope that answers all your questions!!

Thankyou very much for your response. I'm also in fourth year. I applied to the IS stream. My GPA also improved during the Fall 2020 semester. I'm wondering if I should send in my updated transcript since my application is still under review. Did you receive a response from OISE once you sent your updated transcript? 

55 minutes ago, canada2021 said:

Thankyou very much for your response. I'm also in fourth year. I applied to the IS stream. My GPA also improved during the Fall 2020 semester. I'm wondering if I should send in my updated transcript since my application is still under review. Did you receive a response from OISE once you sent your updated transcript? 

Doesn't hurt to try! And I did not! I emailed all 4 schools I applied to and 3/4 basically said they don't care LOL and that they won't take it into consideration. And oise just never responded but it's a possibility they looked at it? Not sure! I think it doesn't hurt to try!

11 hours ago, Poscy said:

Doesn't hurt to try! And I did not! I emailed all 4 schools I applied to and 3/4 basically said they don't care LOL and that they won't take it into consideration. And oise just never responded but it's a possibility they looked at it? Not sure! I think it doesn't hurt to try!

I just emailed the school with my updated transcript. They said applications are evaluated based on transcripts received at the time of application and that the decisions should be released pretty shortly. so I guess we just have to wait for the results....