Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

hahahaah this is great. oh man. and WHAT so it's not even Norway's fault! Come ON FSB!! And hi, LurkersAreTheWorst and eekes. !
Yup. So apparently Rena Levin from the binational board contacted my proposed mentor about housing and such (I would be in a tiny town), and when he replied she told him they'd be making their decisions by the end if the month. This was back in january. That's all I know.

Wow. The internet at work was down for three and a half hours. We were unable to do anything during that time.. ridiculous!!!

I was wondering where you were! So, while you were gone we learned about fish and potatoes. Someone new added to the spreadsheet for Estonia and Ecuador is sending word through snail mail. :)  You are now caught up.

Wow. The internet at work was down for three and a half hours. We were unable to do anything during that time.. ridiculous!!!

That happened to me once... Only it wasn't just the internet - it was the power too. We all got to leave and work from home... Best. Day. Ever.

That happened to me once... Only it wasn't just the internet - it was the power too. We all got to leave and work from home... Best. Day. Ever.

It was so close ... I think one more hour and they would have sent us home. We have to be connected to our server to do anything, so it was wasted time.

Luckily I had my Ipad with me, so I played with that until the battery died.

Long time stalker, first time poster. Today I received an email informing me that I received a Fulbright to Hungary! Today is a pretty fantastic day! :D Good luck to everyone else out there...the wait is a killer, but getting that email...amazing!

Long time stalker, first time poster. Today I received an email informing me that I received a Fulbright to Hungary! Today is a pretty fantastic day! :D Good luck to everyone else out there...the wait is a killer, but getting that email...amazing!

Congratulations!! That is so cool!!

Doesn't it just feel like the best day ever? The day I found out, I went to my regular Zumba class and had one of the best workouts ever. I felt like I was walking (..er..dancing) on cloud nine!!

Is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes get the (albeit irrational, I know) feeling that they just forgot about you/your country?

I don't know anyone else who applied for mine, and part of me thinks the rest were notified weeks ago and I somehow just slipped through the cracks. Oh hey irrational thinking, how are you? Thanks for accompanying me through this fulbright process.

Is it just me, or does anyone else sometimes get the (albeit irrational, I know) feeling that they just forgot about you/your country?

I don't know anyone else who applied for mine, and part of me thinks the rest were notified weeks ago and I somehow just slipped through the cracks. Oh hey irrational thinking, how are you? Thanks for accompanying me through this fulbright process.

many, many pages back on this forum, someone mentioned how an email about Fulbright got sent to their Spam inbox. now I am paranoid that I won't ever find out because I'll forget to check there.

I feel ya! Anxiety meet irrational thinking, oh, you have met before? Of course you have.

many, many pages back on this forum, someone mentioned how an email about Fulbright got sent to their Spam inbox. now I am paranoid that I won't ever find out because I'll forget to check there.

I KNOW RIGHT?! Ever since I read that I've been paranoid about checking the emails in my spam and worried I'm going to delete it forever.

So since it's past 5PM EST today, do you think it's too late to hear back from them today?  I was really hoping and thinking that I would hear back today because Italy usually sends out notifications around first few days of April.

haha, I wouldn't worry too much about just never finding out because I'm pretty sure they send you snail mail no matter what...in addition to the email...I have a sneaking suspicion whoever found out today through snail mail actually got an email and it went to spam or something...or at least it's an idea I had...

haha, I wouldn't worry too much about just never finding out because I'm pretty sure they send you snail mail no matter what...in addition to the email...I have a sneaking suspicion whoever found out today through snail mail actually got an email and it went to spam or something...or at least it's an idea I had...

ah, excellent point! I can cross that anxiety off my list. (If only anxiety worked that way). Fulbright, why you so late this year?!

I went to the mailbox right after that post. No joke. Ugh. At least I have the weekend to not fret about hearing something.

Haha.  So did I, actually.  Spam in my mailbox, too.  

Norway applicant here. On more pins and needles than I thought possible. I found this thread last night and have been refreshing all day inbetween refreshing my email. Every time my computer says I have a new email, my heart palpitates. Now I have a whole weekend of ignorance to look forward to, and with this day passing, the last day I knew to expect a response, I now have no idea when the wait will be over.

This may be the worst feeling in the world. Having no knowledge and no expectation when information will arrive.

So since it's past 5PM EST today, do you think it's too late to hear back from them today?  I was really hoping and thinking that I would hear back today because Italy usually sends out notifications around first few days of April.

Ya it looks like another day goes by without a response. Super lame :(

Ya it looks like another day goes by without a response. Super lame :(

It is lame!!

Hahahahaha right on cue! if there are 3 things in life you can count on, it's death, taxes, and crystal dee citing to the sequester.

Well, I have one tune stuck in my head at the moment. Lol!!