Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2013 admissions

FH 2012

I got an admissions package as well!

I am happy I got in considering it was completely unexpected, i was afraid to open my mailbox!

To ka86, the envelope is a plain brown envelope and it will have  a sticker with your name your address in the front, and another sticker that says University of Toronto. It is a big envelope. I hope that you are also accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting, hope to see many of you in the fall!

Hi everyone,

If you live in the Toronto area, I would check your mail! I received an admissions package from U of T this morning!

Good luck!!!

Was it a big white envelope?

Was it a big white envelope?

The envelope is brown and

I live in the Guelph area so anyone hanging out in the out skirts of Toronto might also recieve theres today! My status still says Under Review.

Edited by Linaa_

congratulations Decaf!!! That is Great!!! thank you so much for the info! I really hope I see that brown envelope waiting for me when i get home today :D 

My neighbour told me to stop checking the mail, and that it won't come until 4:30-5:00! I guess after checking the mail 5 times today other people noticed! LOL

This is killing me!!!

Thank you for letting us know! Hopefully you will get in..Best of luck!

Does anyone know if rejections come in the mail as well? Or by e-mail?

I live in Toronto and got wait listed for UofT. It comes in a small white envelope.

Well I suspect mine will be arriving tomorrow since I live one province over. But it could arrive today. The question is... Do I sit at home and wait for the mail or get a nice workout at the gym as I usually do before heading off to work?? 

The anticipation is starting to get the best of me. I can't wait to finally find out once and for all.

Well I suspect mine will be arriving tomorrow since I live one province over. But it could arrive today. The question is... Do I sit at home and wait for the mail or get a nice workout at the gym as I usually do before heading off to work?? 

The anticipation is starting to get the best of me. I can't wait to finally find out once and for all.

Get the workout in!  Whether the mail is there or not will not change, but at least you can burn off some calories, stress, and anxiety and feel better afterwards.  It'd be worse to stay and wait for the mail and not get anything.

Congrats to all those who got in! I honestly can't concentrate at work 'cause I keep picturing my mailbox at home wondering if there's something there.

Yes, I am feeling the same way right now - I've been thinking about it all morning and have even contemplated faking sick to go home and check (obviously being quite anxious and irrational right now).  We'll all know soon enough.  I'm just glad the wait will be over.

congrats to all who've been accepted into UoT!. like everyone else I just checked my mailbox like the 10th time.... gosh cant wait to just find out and move on... :)

Just received my offer in the mail from U of T!!!! I am still on shock - didn't think I had much of a chance considering Carleton and Laurier both wait listed me. Just goes to show you that each school is looking for something a little different. Thanks everyone for being so supportive and positive this is truly such a great group. Best of luck to everyone :D

Congrats to everyone who made it into U of T! I live in the Niagara Falls area, so I am hoping I get my letter in the mail tomorrow, either way! This wait is killing me. Thanks to everyone who saw my post regarding my application to HBSW and thinks I stand a chance at getting in. At this point, either program is better than nothing and I too am waiting anxiously to hear something back.

For all of those who applied to the HBSW program either Orillia or Thunder Bay, start checking your emails. They sent an email out this afternoon saying all decisions have been made and will appear shortly in your inbox, accompanied with an official letter. There were 500 applicants this year, and only 60 are accepted at Orillia Campus and only 25 at Thunder Bay. Not great odds but I am hoping and praying. I have never wanted anything so badly in my entire life! Good luck to all of you!

Hey everyone!

For those who are accepting offers to UofT. I started a group on Facebook so everyone can get to know each other before orientation and help each other out with all the admin stuff/deadlines. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/331277830327428/

Its a closed group right now. I'll add everyone who tries to join. Let me know if it doesn't work I am not tech-savy!

Just received my offer in the mail from U of T!!!! I am still on shock - didn't think I had much of a chance considering Carleton and Laurier both wait listed me. Just goes to show you that each school is looking for something a little different. Thanks everyone for being so supportive and positive this is truly such a great group. Best of luck to everyone :D

Congrats!!!! I'm very happy for you. You must be beeming with joy. I hope you're celebrating tonight :).

I was wondering If you could provide me with some insight into your application. I would like to know what I need to accomplish to gain admittance next year. I have an 81 average with two grades in an independent research course in the 90s. I am a parole officer intern, ( I shadow a parole officer from supervision meeting to writing reports), I counsel with a paroled sex offender once a month, was an auxiliary police officer and I assisted offenders with mental health issues transition from a halfway house into the community. I have a approximately of 2500 hours. I have also coached a girls soccer team and was a camp coordinator for two years.

So, Specificlly I am curious as to what experiences you have and your average - if I may be so forward ... :S. ;).

Hey everyone!

For those who are accepting offers to UofT. I started a group on Facebook so everyone can get to know each other before orientation and help each other out with all the admin stuff/deadlines. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/331277830327428/

Its a closed group right now. I'll add everyone who tries to join. Let me know if it doesn't work I am not tech-savy!

So I assume that you are accepting UofT!! lol :D  Congrats!!!

I just got my letter from U of T! I have been waitlisted so I am really crossing my fingers! Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted usually and how many off the wait list actually get in? This suspense is killing me! I am also hopin that since I have been waitlisted for U of T, whose requirements are higher than the HBSW at Lakehead, that I hopefully got in at Lakehead!

I just got my letter from U of T! I have been waitlisted so I am really crossing my fingers! Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted usually and how many off the wait list actually get in? This suspense is killing me! I am also hopin that since I have been waitlisted for U of T, whose requirements are higher than the HBSW at Lakehead, that I hopefully got in at Lakehead!

75 are wl.I called today

Yes! Thank you!!! Sending everyone good luck! waiting for the letter is nerve wrecking. I staked out the mail man for 30 mins today lol. I think he noticed he probably thinks I was nuts!

Hi everyone! I've been reading people's posts here for a while now and I've finally decided to post. I'm from Toronto and I received a letter from u of t today saying that I'm waitlisted for their 2-year social work program. Looks like I'll have to wait longer now to figure out where I'll be going in September!:( I just wanted to know if those who receieved acceptances at u of t could share what kind of work/volunteer experience they had and their gpa! I'm curious to know! Thanks! :)