Waitlisted - waiting for your school AND everyone else's

RubyBright

Just got an email, I'm in!!!  Accepted off the wait list (late application) for University of Oregon Special Education.

Now to figure out funding...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Congrats all, and thanks for the support :) still waiting on my WL school over here (probably won't hear any updates for another couple of weeks) but I'm putting in a deposit at another school just in case--both are great programs so all in all I'm feeling good.

Congrats everyone! I'm hoping for similar news! My top choice said they will let waitllisters know as soon after the 19th as possible....more waiting. This can't be healthy.

I didn't hear anything from the program I'm wait-listed at, but I got an email today to the account for the study I'm conducting, asking me if I'm hiring any postdocs in 2014 ... seems someone who participated in my study would love to join me in research. She's finishing her 4th year in the program I was rejected from a couple of months ago.

Good times.

Congrats to those who got admitted.

I am still on the waiting list and my school said they are very willing to reduce the class size for this year because of sequestration.

They said the professors do not have enough funding. As students from last year still in rotation, they really don't want to have too much students this year.

So I guess I am done for this year and got nothing.......which is kind of sad  :(

I am done with this waitlisted life. My top school interviewd me on Skype last Tuesday after which the DGS told me she was waiting on funding and would let me know by next week. She then proceeded to ask me for more time. Yesterday (she knows I have a funded offer at another school) she tells me no one they accpeted declined and also that she was trying to get funding for an extra spot but that has not been confirmed and she wont know when or if that will happen. I am so upset-I feel like she just made me feel like I had a chance without really knowing the situation. I am so done with this school. I accepted the other offer I had. This admission process is so terrible. You wait endlessly and then just feel so crap at the end of it!

I am done with this waitlisted life. My top school interviewd me on Skype last Tuesday after which the DGS told me she was waiting on funding and would let me know by next week. She then proceeded to ask me for more time. Yesterday (she knows I have a funded offer at another school) she tells me no one they accpeted declined and also that she was trying to get funding for an extra spot but that has not been confirmed and she wont know when or if that will happen. I am so upset-I feel like she just made me feel like I had a chance without really knowing the situation. I am so done with this school. I accepted the other offer I had. This admission process is so terrible. You wait endlessly and then just feel so crap at the end of it!

I'm still waiting as well, but I have no other offers so I'm still holding out. Glad you had another offer to accept though!

I am waiting too. Only one school, and I have been waitlisted for more than month. University of Saskatchewan, Agri Economics (PhD and M.Sc just in case). Two weeks ago grad.secretary wrote that she is sorry that I am still waitlisted, and she will write me as soon as she knows...eh.

And the funny thing, I can not find anywhere anyone who would be admitted or rejected by this department, or from previous years (except one rejection in February last year). No info on timeline, when should I expect the answer. Getting crazy. Two days ago sent an email, with question about rank and that I am still interested in attending. No answer.

:(

Really glad to read about positive answers off the waitlists. Congrats to everyone who was admitted!

Edited by fannek

On waitlist since 2/23. No end in sight. Sigh. How much longer can this go on after 4/15? Really!

Same deal.  I am oh-for-nine, save one wait list spot.  They sent out their acceptances in late January (of course, before my 3rd recommender submitted his letter - when I realized that I was pretty bummed).  Then I get a WL notice on Feb 25 telling me they won't know until "mid to late April" (so at least they told me when I'd find out, but it is still a miserable waiting experience).  I know a few people have declined offers to the school and another person received an identical wait list email last week... no one has been rejected, which makes me wonder if there is any logic to when WL notices went out or if EVERYONE is on the waitlist and the notification was essentially meaningless...

Hang in there, I feel your pain :(

Same deal.  I am oh-for-nine, save one wait list spot.  They sent out their acceptances in late January (of course, before my 3rd recommender submitted his letter - when I realized that I was pretty bummed).  Then I get a WL notice on Feb 25 telling me they won't know until "mid to late April" (so at least they told me when I'd find out, but it is still a miserable waiting experience).  I know a few people have declined offers to the school and another person received an identical wait list email last week... no one has been rejected, which makes me wonder if there is any logic to when WL notices went out or if EVERYONE is on the waitlist and the notification was essentially meaningless...

Hang in there, I feel your pain :(

Thanks... That really sucks about the untimely LOR submission. That would have cost me some serious sleep... It's SO competitive out there. I really didn't anticipate such a nasty string of rejections for myself, I had so much momentum coming out graduation: cum laude, wonderful LOR's, research/TA experience, 'Excellent' grade and eval on my thesis. and great meetings with POI's. I'm bewildered. Best of Luck to you and the rest of us who are teetering on the precipice...Yep; it is so nail-biting-ly intense to have it all come down to ONE waitlist spot. Argh!

I received the best phone call today! I have been accepted off the wait list at UAMS AND offered a Graduate Assistant Position! Hallelujah! Please everyone keep your heads up! Good things come to those who wait. Just remember this week is not over yet...everyone still has some time left to get accepted off of the wait list. Good luck to everyone! :) 

Congratulations to those who have been accepted off waitlists! Your stories give some hope to those who are still waiting.

I have been on the waitlist since early March. I emailed the DGS about two weeks ago and he replied that it was unlikely they would go much further on their waitlist, but since I have not received any official notification. Although I feel like they have already rejected me without even articulating this, I don't want to inquire about my status because I don't want to lose that slight glimmer of hope I am left with.

The worst is when its not a waitlist, just a wait. I finally got in touch with one of the schools I applied to and they told me I was still being considered and that the committee was going to hopefully meet again this week. It seems like they didn't create a list, just put people in a pool to go over again. So no idea where I stand, how many slots they will be looking to fill, or how many other candidates there are. 

Stress levels are high.

I dont know what to make of my situation...the school I am waitlisted at had no open spots...everyone accepted....now the DGS is trying to secure funding to add a spot to the cohort....and there is no word on when/if the money may come...so another endless wait...since i was told that i am being considered for the additional spot if the money comes in I asked if I was the only person being considered and there is no response to that email from the DGS....its terribly stressful to keep feeling like this wait is not even more endless!!!!! any thoughts?

I dont know what to make of my situation...the school I am waitlisted at had no open spots...everyone accepted....now the DGS is trying to secure funding to add a spot to the cohort....and there is no word on when/if the money may come...so another endless wait...since i was told that i am being considered for the additional spot if the money comes in I asked if I was the only person being considered and there is no response to that email from the DGS....its terribly stressful to keep feeling like this wait is not even more endless!!!!! any thoughts?

I'm in the same boat. 

I've been waitlisted in one school, reject by the rest, and I'm "near the top of the list". I've pretty much reconciled myself to a no at this point. It's only been a week since the first round of offers *should* have been rejected, and I apparently wasn't in the second round. I started late last year in the application cycle, so I'm going to start early for this fall. Summer = full time job getting applications ready!