Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2014 admissions

AccioMSW

Congrats!

No change for me... guess that means I was rejected. :( Toronto was my first choice too.

Edited by LynnEY

A) it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm trying to contact admissions.

B don't give up hope yet!!!! This just happened. I checked this morning and nothing was there. Also I was waitlisted last year and nothing was there. You never know. Please don't give up hope.

Edited by DreamingMSW

Don't give up hope yet.  If they aren't sending letters until the 7th they might still be going through their list of applicants and updating ROSI as they go.  If not, you got into Laurier which is a great school!

Congrats!

No change for me... guess that means I was rejected. :( Toronto was my first choice too.

Congratulations, DreamingMSW!  

And for all my talk of just "wanting to know," right now I'm wishing I didn't know that I could check ROSI.  No status change for me either.  I'm hopeful that this means wait listed with hope as opposed to an outright rejection.  In my head I'm trying to rationalize things like "what if they started at a different end of the alphabet?" so the letter next week will at least give me a clear, unambiguous answer that my brain can't twist irrationally.      

I wouldn't have any doubt that it is for real.  During the advanced standing application period everyone who had an "invited" got an acceptance package.  Everyone who had nothing were either waitlisted or rejected.  Never heard of anyone getting an "invited" and not actually being in.

A) it hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm trying to contact admissions.
B don't give up hope yet!!!! This just happened. I checked this morning and nothing was there. Also I was waitlisted last year and nothing was there. You never know. Please don't give up hope.

Everyone needs to stop panicking!  They aren't sending the letters until April 7 so they may just be slowly going though the applicants and updating the system.  It is WAY too early to assume that you are all rejected.  Also, seeing nothing doesn't necessarily mean rejected, I have friends who saw nothing and they were waitlisted, which means there is still a chance.  If for some reason you are rejected don't let it get you down.  There were hundreds of applicants for 90 spots.  Less than 20% of people got in so if you don't get in that definitely does not mean there is something wrong with you or that you are a loser, it just means that at this time there weren't enough spots for everyone.  Try not to panic before you get the final answer.

Mine just changed to "invited" too! In good news for anyone who's on the waiting list, I'll be turning down the offer as soon as it shows up on the applications portal seeing as I've chosen UWO's counselling psych program. :)

I'm too scared to even check!!! It's the only place I applied to. So much depends on this. 

Just go ahead and check, you can do it!!! And GOOD LUCK! :)

You have to send in the letter that comes with the package in order to reject the offer.  Congrats on UWO :)

Mine just changed to "invited" too! In good news for anyone who's on the waiting list, I'll be turning down the offer as soon as it shows up on the applications portal seeing as I've chosen UWO's counselling psych program. :)

You have to send in the letter that comes with the package in order to reject the offer.  Congrats on UWO :)

Ah, I assumed everything was online just based on what I'd seen at other schools. And thanks :)

Congratulations, DreamingMSW!  

And for all my talk of just "wanting to know," right now I'm wishing I didn't know that I could check ROSI.  No status change for me either.  I'm hopeful that this means wait listed with hope as opposed to an outright rejection.  In my head I'm trying to rationalize things like "what if they started at a different end of the alphabet?" so the letter next week will at least give me a clear, unambiguous answer that my brain can't twist irrationally.      

I feel you, I_c, there is no change on mine either so I'm presuming this means rejection. I really want to get the letter so I can just accept it, officially. I am still mentally coming up with 100 alternatives for why it hasn't changed though lol. 

Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

No change for me for U of T either, and am trying not to freak out, since if they're telling everyone that letters don't go out until the 7th, then they're probably not in too much of a hurry to get things in the system this far before then. 

I'm just starting to get nervous, since I haven't heard anything from York's 2-year MSW either and it seems the decisions were released on Monday...

Plus I found out yesterday that I was offered CGS-M for both U of T and York, so it would be really nice to be able to use that...

Edited by lightning1129

Hey Lightning1129, you might still hear back from York. They usually use a rolling admissions system so they might not have sent out all emails on Monday. They are sending letters out within 2 weeks- guaranteed. 

It is VERY possible that they are inputting into the system. Do not lose hope yet. Just because something was up there for me does not mean that they are finished everything. If they are sending packages out on Monday then they are most likely going to be working on this until then.

I feel you, I_c, there is no change on mine either so I'm presuming this means rejection. I really want to get the letter so I can just accept it, officially. I am still mentally coming up with 100 alternatives for why it hasn't changed though lol. 

No change for me either, though was a student and still get my old registration page.  I am going to wait to look again tomorrow.  Fingers crossed.

Haha, ME TOO.  You wouldn't believe the volume of Google searches I've done this afternoon :-)  And whatever happens for us, it will be okay.  There _are_ options!

Got in to Laurier (good since it was the only place that I applied).  Anyone else joining me there this fall (2-year MSW)?  :)

Hey Kallima, 

Were you just accepted today?