Do you reuse socks?

RedPill

Another random question,

Do you give your socks more than one day's use?

I sometimes reuse socks. I hate doing laundry, and if I'm staying home for the day, I'll probably reuse them. If they don't smell they're ok. I don't reuse past three days. 

How many pairs of socks do you have? I have maybe 10. 

I reuse socks, bras, jeans, and sweatshirts. If my socks smell though, or it's a really hot day or something, then I won't. No need to do extra laundry. When I used to run track/cross country, I did not reuse socks. After a long run, they smelled... interesting... 

I reuse jeans and tank tops (camisoles) for layering as long as they haven't stretched out.

After a long run, they smelled... interesting... 

LOL!! Same for my socks after being on campus from 9-6. The weather here might have something to do with it too... it's been consistently in the 70s in So Cal. It may not be so bad for people in colder weather?

On a similar topic, who reuses jeans, shirts or pants? 

I usually give my khakis a couple days of use.

Same goes for jeans. 

I won't usually reuse shirts, because generally I'll at least sweat a little during the day, and there is nothing in between your shirt and pits. :P Shirts are what allow me to reuse sweatshirts though. xP

I'll occasionally reuse some t-shirts, but it's usually when I really need to do laundry.

I have gym socks (ankle length) and winter socks.  I don't usually rewear gym socks because they smell, but winter socks I rewear until they are noticeably smelly or dirty, which takes a while.  I'm also usually wearing them over tights/fleece tights so maybe they're cleaner that way?  

Guest Gnome Chomsky

All jokes aside, socks are probably the one thing I wouldn't re-wear. I just hate the feel of sweaty, wet socks on my feet. Sometimes if I can't manage time for a shower, I'll just change my socks and underwear. Sometimes I might not even change my underwear. But once I take socks off, there's no way I can put them back on. Nasty socks are probably the major thing that alarms me of my filth. I'm going on like 4 days without a shower and my socks are screaming at me. 

I have gym socks (ankle length) and winter socks.  I don't usually rewear gym socks because they smell, but winter socks I rewear until they are noticeably smelly or dirty, which takes a while.  I'm also usually wearing them over tights/fleece tights so maybe they're cleaner that way?  

This is true for me also. I won't rewear socks as much in summer. 

Also it depends on if your shoes smell. I had some old running shoes I would wear around sometimes, if I wore socks with them, they would absorb that nasty smell. xP

In general, I don't see why anyone would find it gross, unless you have smelly feet.

I generally only reuse wool socks 1-2 times. They're so durable and don't get nasty like regular cotton socks. I'll wear jeans 3-4 times (given i don't get food/dirt on them and they don't smell).

All jokes aside, socks are probably the one thing I wouldn't re-wear. I just hate the feel of sweaty, wet socks on my feet. Sometimes if I can't manage time for a shower, I'll just change my socks and underwear. Sometimes I might not even change my underwear. But once I take socks off, there's no way I can put them back on. Nasty socks are probably the major thing that alarms me of my filth. I'm going on like 4 days without a shower and my socks are screaming at me. 

I share this sentiment, and in addition, I must have matching socks for no good reason at all.

Also, I almost never wash my pants because the risk of ruin is absurdly high for Jeans.

And I would strongly recommend against the repeated wearing of UGGs without socks.  I once dated a lady who did that.  It was... not pleasant.

My feet don't sweat much at all, but I still change them every day.  I've worked at a brand-name retailer for nearly six years, and I can get nine pairs of colorful socks with little designs on them for about $5.  Now, some of you might be tempted to say "I can get 20 pairs for $1!" or something.  However, I really like colorful socks ... and they're most readily accessible through my place of employment.  Some women go for shoes, while I go for socks.  It's more of a treat thing; I don't buy them often at all.  

I also thought this thread said "refuse" instead of "reuse." 

I reuse the socks I wear with flats. I hate putting them in the laundry because I lose them so I just put them back in my drawers. I also will reuse socks if I only wore them for a few hours.

I should probably note that I take my shoes off a lot so my feet air out throughout the day. I also do a smell test every time I rewear a piece of clothing...

I may be gross, but I don't care.

Edited by HicklePickle

On a similar topic, who reuses jeans, shirts or pants? 

I usually give my khakis a couple days of use.

Same goes for jeans. 

Yeah, I'll wear jeans and pants twice unless they got dirty with something. Also, if I go to the hospital or the doctor, I change and wash all my clothes once I get home, and I never lay down on my bed with clothes that I've worn outside.

I never, ever reuse socks.  And I also only have 7 pairs.  I wear them to the gym, I wear them to work, I remove them for the bulk of the work day, I put them back on to walk home & I peel them off and wash them.  Feet sweat & I have a dog.  Plus, they take up basically no room in the washing machine and cost under a dollar a pair.  I do reuse jeans and sweaters for days. But never socks.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in wool hiking socks for days at a time! My feet get really cold and I have hardwood floors which is not a great combination. However, I do have a bunch of cotton socks for my exercise sneakers and those get washed after one wear.

(This is my first post on the site and it is about socks. Uh.)

I reuse the socks I wear with flats. I hate putting them in the laundry because I lose them so I just put them back in my drawers. I also will reuse socks if I only wore them for a few hours.

I should probably note that I take my shoes off a lot so my feet air out throughout the day. I also do a smell test every time I rewear a piece of clothing...

I may be gross, but I don't care.

I've found that mesh lingerie bags work well for washing those little liner socks. I just leave them in the bag after I wash them, so that they don't get lost in my drawer either.