Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

i have no idea how much to tip people. was supposed to order pizza for group meeting. got $75 worth of pizza. I only tipped like $3, and apparently, the norm is $5 PLUS 10% or some shit. why?? just pay your damn employees a good wage, cover their gas, with vehicle depreciation. we're not in the 60s anymore. tipping is a retarded practice. be gone.

I got this job to help me pay for my apartment deposit and to maybe furnish it a little (or at the very least, get a mattress) and let's just say it's a crappy job. There were 3 employees who were very nice to me and the manager seems nice too (up til now at least) but this manager assistant was rude and gave me conflicting instructions. And tomorrow I have a 9-hour shift starting early in the morning. :( 

15 hours ago, Psygeek said:

My pride is in the way of me being happy about being accepted.... sometimes I hate myself.

Congratulations!!! You were one of the first members I interacted with here on gradcafe, and I've been following your story (not in a stalk-ish way I swear). I'm really happy to hear the news.

My husband and I absolutely despise the area we live in right now but can't move until either he finds a job in Columbus or until I start earning my stipend in August. This place is literally my worst nightmare and I would sell my soul if it meant I could move back to Columbus now.

I fell in love with my best friend. He's already in a relationship. I tried to forget about him in the last few months, but I was not able to. So I told him about how I felt, and we've decided to go our seperate ways so I can stop suffering. We've known each other since 2012. I'm heartbroken.

All of my friends are getting married and having children. And at almost 26, I just wish I could be in a significant and meaningful relationship with somebody that genuinely loves me back, even if it's just for 3 months.

I'm devastated. 

4 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I fell in love with my best friend. He's already in a relationship. I tried to forget about him in the last few months, but I was not able to. So I told him about how I felt, and we've decided to go our seperate ways so I can stop suffering. We've known each other since 2012. I'm heartbroken.

All of my friends are getting married and having children. And at almost 26, I just wish I could be in a significant and meaningful relationship with somebody that genuinely loves me back, even if it's just for 3 months.

I'm devastated. 

Maybe this is a cultural thing - but 26 is so young to get married in my country. Most people I know wouldn't even consider marriage until 30 lol. Half my cousins changed partners in their 30s, some got married earlier, some never got married, some got divorced. I'm 25, nearing 26, coming out of a 5 year relationship. Happy to be free and meet new people. My ex is an amazing person, but our lives are moving in different directions. 

Again, it,s the language barrier I guess because I am being misunderstood entirely on this. I don't want to get married and have kids now and I never said that I wanted to have kids and get married at 26. I am saying this to make a comparision statement, because I can't even have a boyfriend. I've already had an "exploration" phase for the last 5 years+ and I'm sick of it. I just wish I could have an official relationship, even if it's for 3 months. I've been free my entire life, met new people for my entire life and I did everything I wanted personally and professionally speaking, and now I wish I could experience something different. It's legitimate and I should never be told that it's not just because I am in my mid 20s. 

Edited by Adelaide9216

11 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I'm devastated. 

I feel you! I was in the same same situation years ago. However, with time you will find someone or be completely fine with not having someone. You got this sista!

I can't find affordable housing near my university to save my life. I will wait a couple weeks to see if spots open up but I am becoming concerned.

Also, this new job I found to save for moving...sucks. And while I may have found another better job--I am getting anxious at the thought of telling my boss of two weeks ( lol) that I am quitting. 

I'm getting annoyed with my school's requirements about committee members. Specifically, I need someone outside of my field whose sole purpose is to make sure the graduate school's policies are being followed. Faculty willing to serve in this type of position add their name to a database, and graduate students are provided with a list containing a subset of these faculty members to ask. 

I'm on my third list and I still can't find anyone. I got a bunch of "I'm on too many committees," a few people are on sabbatical, quite a few have simply ignored me, and today I got the most annoying response of all: "I only join committee close to my area of expertise." I just want to yell at this person - they're not supposed to serve on a project in their field or have anything to do with the content of the dissertation. They are purely there to make sure we don't sidestep regulations.