Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

So a friend of mine who is married (but very unhappy in his marriage) told me this week that about a year ago, he had a dream that he left his wife to be with me.

Fuck my life. I was so uncomfortable

OK going to my Uni that I will possible leave after a year. I probably end up being in grad school for 8 years this way, but still better than petty jobs for a eyar lolz

I'm taking an undergraduate statistics class during the summer, since my department doesn't offer any grad classes this semester.  So it's me, age 34, and the professor, aged ~50, and 20 kids.  We're probably the only two who can buy alcohol.

One of these whippersnappers complained about me eating breakfast in class because it evidently smelled bad, and now eating is banned.  I was eating oatmeal and cooked apples; I have no idea how the scent of apple pie could be that offensive.

What the hell are these kids going to do when they get real jobs where people -- gasp -- eat, smoke, stink, and talk too loudly?  Complain to their boss and expect their boss to police behaviors?

KIDS THESE DAYS.  Get off my lawn.

13 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

So a friend of mine who is married (but very unhappy in his marriage) told me this week that about a year ago, he had a dream that he left his wife to be with me.

That's not cool.  Your friend needs to keep his dreams in his hands and his lusts in his pants.  Either man up and leave his wife, or get some therapy and make it work.  Either way, keep his wandering thoughts away from you.  That's no way to treat a friend.

1 hour ago, E-P said:

That's not cool.  Your friend needs to keep his dreams in his hands and his lusts in his pants.  Either man up and leave his wife, or get some therapy and make it work.  Either way, keep his wandering thoughts away from you.  That's no way to treat a friend.

I agree with you. I told him I had no romantic feelings for him also. He needs to leave his partner, he knows he is unhappy and that things won't work.

I really thought my team might have a chance this year to progress to the Knockout Stage for the first time ever, sadly, it looks like we aren't going to make it this year either. 

17 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Fuck my life. I was so uncomfortable

Yeah, doubt he remembers a dream from a year ago. Sounds more like the guy just wants to cheat on his wife with you, but didn't want to outright say it, and wanted to see if you were cool with it so he made up some "dream" story to make it sound less shitty. I'd say that's probably worse than the actual desire of him to cheat on his wife. 

2 minutes ago, samman1994 said:

Yeah, doubt he remembers a dream from a year ago. Sounds more like the guy just wants to cheat on his wife with you, but didn't want to outright say it, and wanted to see if you were cool with it so he made up some "dream" story to make it sound less shitty. I'd say that's probably worse than the actual desire of him to cheat on his wife. 

Totally agree with you. He was trying to "test" things

1 minute ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Totally agree with you. He was trying to "test" things

Exactly. Idk, personally I find that type of deceit worse than the actual act of cheating. Furthermore, I'd find it almost near insulting, like, what type of girl does he think you are?  Idk, these type of guys really irk me.

7 hours ago, samman1994 said:

Exactly. Idk, personally I find that type of deceit worse than the actual act of cheating. Furthermore, I'd find it almost near insulting, like, what type of girl does he think you are?  Idk, these type of guys really irk me.

some guy restoring faith in guys lol. 

Met too many weirdo dudes like that. 'Oh but you're doing LONG DISTANCE, it's not like he would know'. LIKE WHUT. 

That and the jerk who couldn't handle that my GPA was a tiny bit higher than his and started spreading rumors he saw me and my advisor making out on a certain day (when I was not even in the country lolz). That was just well.....

only in gen chem lab is it possible for it to be this hard for people to articulate the differences between accuracy and precision of measuring the density of water using different glassware. jesus fing christ.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I feel anxious. It sucks.

Join the club. I had something that resembled a slight panic attack during the weekend due to feeling so overwhelmed with everything that is going on. Very out of character for me

1 hour ago, Psygeek said:

Join the club. I had something that resembled a slight panic attack during the weekend due to feeling so overwhelmed with everything that is going on. Very out of character for me

❤️ 

I have recently adopted a beagle from an animal shelter. He loves to bark a lot, and I have already received tons of complaints from my neighbors. They told me to use a bark collar, but I don't know which among this options that I have seen online will be helpful enough. I don't feel like its okay to use such a product to eliminate the excessive barking behavior of my dog. Please forgive me for using this thread for my concern. 

On 7/8/2018 at 9:16 PM, Psygeek said:

I called my dad crying because traffic was bad on Friday... the stress gets to all of us in different ways.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:59 AM, itsjoya said:

I have recently adopted a beagle from an animal shelter. He loves to bark a lot, and I have already received tons of complaints from my neighbors. They told me to use a bark collar, but I don't know which among this options that I have seen online will be helpful enough. I don't feel like its okay to use such a product to eliminate the excessive barking behavior of my dog. Please forgive me for using this thread for my concern. 

I hear you. And I love animals and have several and foster as well.  But I also live in an apartment complex with a lot of dogs, and dogs barking during the day can be pretty annoying. So were are a few things to consider- see if you can get a collar that vibrates to interrupt the barking rather than causing pain. Then reward him with food immediately when he stops. Also try exercising him a lot.

But also keep in mind that he may not be the right dog for your situation, and if nothing works, its better he goes somewhere he can bark than be yelled at all the time for how much noise he makes.

On 6/23/2018 at 11:47 PM, Cheshire_Cat said:

I'm all angsty because my "job" is not normal, and pays nothing, and I'm literally just hanging out in my apartment all day trying to research, and I feel like I'm not a normal human being anymore, but duh, what normal human being would go into academia in the first place.  And I need to go out more, but I don't want to go out more because I'm an introvert and apparently something is wrong with me. Also I'm broke AF and in debt, and don't get paid until September. And the people I hang out with are all accountants and normal people and go do things that cost money and I don't want to spend money.

ah you will be fine 

Another fight with my spouse, with whom I otherwise have a good, healthy, loving marriage.  Again, it's him taking issue with me hating most comedies, and not wanting to be around them, even when other people are watching and enjoying them.  And no, staying quietly on the couch and reading isn't an option because it's really f---king distracting.

I guess next time I either stay at home, or drive myself and am the weirdo who says, "Okay, I'm out" immediately after dinner.

I don't understand why this is tough to "get."  If my friends and enjoyed listening to country music, which he hates, I would never ask him to grin and bear it and entertain himself or leave.  I would do something else that included him.

2 hours ago, E-P said:

Another fight with my spouse, with whom I otherwise have a good, healthy, loving marriage.  Again, it's him taking issue with me hating most comedies, and not wanting to be around them, even when other people are watching and enjoying them.  And no, staying quietly on the couch and reading isn't an option because it's really f---king distracting.

I guess next time I either stay at home, or drive myself and am the weirdo who says, "Okay, I'm out" immediately after dinner.

I don't understand why this is tough to "get."  If my friends and enjoyed listening to country music, which he hates, I would never ask him to grin and bear it and entertain himself or leave.  I would do something else that included him.

I COMPLETELY get you on hating most comedies. I can't stand Will Ferrel or Adam Sandler or crude/crass humor. But I see this same issue between my parents almost every day. One of them gets annoyed because the other is subjecting them to something they don't like. The answer? I don't really think there is a straightforward one. If I were you, I'd probably try to excuse myself from most showings, but attend one movie every now and then. Because you don't want him to feel like he can't share something he enjoys with you, but you also don't want to sit through those awful movies. Compromise is key!!