Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

The guy back where I used to live and I agreed to talk about trying to do a long distance relationship once we'd each gotten settle into the semester. I messaged him about it last night. We've interacted on group chats since I sent it, but he hasn't responded to my text. I'd be fine with a "I'd rather not talk about this right now". Well....I'm not sure if "fine" is the right word. I'd prefer it to silence. 

On 9/9/2018 at 8:48 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

I legit don't understand why it is so hard for me to find a boyfriend. I'm smart, kind, good listener, mature, etc. People tell me I am pretty. Yet, at almost 26, I have been single my entire life. I hate this shit.

Welcome to my world.  30/F and I feel like if love hasn't happened by now, it never will.  Well-meaning relatives and friends also tell I'm beautiful, have a good personality, etc. but hearing that doesn't help me.   Career and education won't fill this void I have within me, they'll just distract me from my loneliness temporarily.  

Edited by Bodhicaryavatara

The NFL overtime rule that the team receiving the kick off can win the game if it scores a touchdown makes no sense to me.

Yes, it provides teams with an incentive to win games in regulation, but to make victory and defeat so reliant on a coin toss just seems unfair to me.

Turns out he has had a girl friend back where he's at at least since last weekend. 

I didn't hear this from him.

God I have so little emotional energy to give I want someone to respect it. I feel like my trust has been completely betrayed. We agreed that we'd talk about this and it seems like he even forgot that we discussed that. 

I timed this so badly. Research expectations from my adviser are amping up. Everyone in my cohort seems totally okay with being only interested in research all the time. And I just wanna curl up in a ball and cry.  

Was so motivated to get a headstart on research (I have a research masters and my current phd program doesn't really encourage us to do research on the first year) because I don't want to stay there for 8 years and I was doing well so far, but I have recently lost motivation and its been a blank week

Just spent most of today grading papers for a freshman intro course. How did so many of them manage to get through high school without learning to write in paragraphs???

Also, I think a bunch of them are writing their papers in Google docs or some other program with a not-so-robust spellchecker, since they make some really ridiculous typos that Word would just autocorrect. At least freaking proofread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. Until the next batch of papers...

On 9/19/2018 at 8:08 AM, CharlieR said:

Was so motivated to get a headstart on research (I have a research masters and my current phd program doesn't really encourage us to do research on the first year) because I don't want to stay there for 8 years and I was doing well so far, but I have recently lost motivation and its been a blank week

read papers you love. helps for me.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:56 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

My supervisor feels stressed. I can sense it in her emails. :( 

I wonder if I should ask her about it. We've known each other for 5 years. But I don't know if it's appropriate as a student to ask to a supervisor how she's doing because I feel she is under stress...

On 9/16/2018 at 6:43 PM, Sigaba said:

The NFL overtime rule that the team receiving the kick off can win the game if it scores a touchdown makes no sense to me.

Yes, it provides teams with an incentive to win games in regulation, but to make victory and defeat so reliant on a coin toss just seems unfair to me.

Agreed. I'm a packers fan and have been scorned too many times.

Participants for my research keep cancelling or changing their dates for interview/focus group, which creates a lot more work for me in terms of number of interviews and transcriptions... :( I was supposed to have two focus group, which turned into three with three individual interviews, and now I have two focus group and five individual interviews :(