Venting Thread- Vent about anything.

MoJingly

They say you see someone's true colors when there is an inheritance involved. My grandmother died recently, and sadly my aunt is apparently a super shady. I never knew this about her before.  First of all, when my grandmother was alive, my aunt took half of her fairly large estate, and put it in a joint account with her and my grandmother. So when my grandmother died, that money became legally my aunts. My aunt did not need that much of my grandmothers money in liquid assets, she did it for control.  Second, they decided to pay for certain people to go to the memorial service... So get this- they are paying for my grandmother's brother (ok, he deserves it), their child (meh) and their grandchild(what?) to come. What is so wrong about that? They *aren't* paying for me and my siblings to go, (grandchildren) but they are paying for a grand-niece. WTH? So unfair.

Anyways, the whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. My parents don't technically "need" the money, but it is the principle of the thing. My mom's siblings always treat my sister unfairly, and she does everything to help them with nothing in return.  I'm not close to my extended relatives, and probably won't see them again after my grandmother's memorial. But I hate to see it end like this. Before, I always had a favorable view of this aunt, but this has really changed my perspective, and not in a good way.

so today, I sent an email to my master's thesis supervisor just to see if she had seen my email sent approx. 3 weeks ago regarding chapters I have written so far. She replied back, she seemed irritated by my email, as if I had pressured her. My worry was only that I was afraid that she might had not seen it since she was on vacation and that the inbox probably got filled up with a lot of emails. She is very busy, but has always been there for me since the last four years I have known her. She has written countless letters of support for me for scholarships (and other things) and people we work with always tell me how much she appreciates me. I feel bad for maybe having pressured her. I know she is under a lot of pressure right now and I did not want to add to that. Should I email her to apologize?

Edited by Adelaide9216

On 7/17/2018 at 10:01 AM, Psygeek said:

Saying 'goodbye and see you this winter or next year' to my boyfriend/fiancee is THE hardest thing ever. For real. I don't know if I can do this. 

❤️❤️❤️

Ugh, I have been gaining weight lately and it SUCKS. I know when I move I'll get it together and eat healthy, at home it's kind of...not possible. And during summer it's so hot I don't even feel like jogging or walking, the South is just that gross and humid at this time of the year.

Bless this thread.

I've been working contract jobs at the same place for about 2 years and I'm so sick of it. I love my employer and the work I've been doing, but hate the constant stress of an impending termination date. I'll get something for 4 months and have no idea if I'll have a job after that. So far I've been getting new contracts, but they've all been for 3-4 months as well, so I always have an end date looming over me. I just want some reliable stability for a change.

I am also working on Masters applications and find everything so overwhelming. I'll feel great about everything, then I look at the applications and lose all motivation/hope. I kind of want to just fast-forward through the next 6 months and have all this behind me.

So, there is this doctoral consortium that one student from each school gets to go to a year. Only one.  A few of my friends from different schools went this year and were talking about it at dinner this evening. I asked which of the students from my school went, because I hadn't heard anything and didn't want to ask my cohort about it.  Apparently no one from my school went, because of "budget constraints" BS.  If you are going to try to have a research active Ph.D program, you need to send your students to the things they need to go to.  And the funny thing is that I'm not even that mad at this point, because this shit happens over and over again...

On 7/19/2018 at 12:32 AM, Carly Rae Jepsen said:

Ugh, I have been gaining weight lately and it SUCKS. I know when I move I'll get it together and eat healthy, at home it's kind of...not possible. And during summer it's so hot I don't even feel like jogging or walking, the South is just that gross and humid at this time of the year.

same here, I gained 5lbs in the last month :(

Ugh. I had to get a second chicken pox vaccine because my program requires two (when I got my first one as a child, the recommendation was still only one shot, then they updated it to the two shot series). Now I have this giant, itchy, painful welt, a sore arm, and absolutely no energy to do any of my huge to do list. I have a cross country move in like a month and I need to be sorting through things, planning, packing, etc. I don't have time to waste a valuable Saturday sleeping on my couch. :(

Tonight I'm flying and I don't know when I'll see my significant other again. We've been crying all day for the last 2 days. I care so much about him. I don't like this. I don't like saying goodbye to this place, how much I hate it sometimes for all sorts of reasons. But it's OK as long as were together. But this time.. It's so hard.

7 hours ago, Psygeek said:

Tonight I'm flying and I don't know when I'll see my significant other again. We've been crying all day for the last 2 days. I care so much about him. I don't like this. I don't like saying goodbye to this place, how much I hate it sometimes for all sorts of reasons. But it's OK as long as were together. But this time.. It's so hard.

I am so sorry about this. :( 

Sunday was the last time that I would see all my friends together, playing dungeons and dragons, before moving 6 hours away in a few weeks to start school. While I'm happy I got into grad school, this group of people and this game has helped me through so many things in the past year (mainly a rough time with a lab technician position) and I'm so sad to leave it. But I guess feeling that bad shows just how much it mattered to me?

Whelp, to confirm my suspicions, I found out that one of my recommendation providers (the former director of my group) had been dropping people I still work with/for info about my plans to go back to school this fall. So even though I never officially announced it to anyone I work with, the director of my group called me into his office to request my letter of resignation. There have been rumors of layoffs, etc approaching, so I guess that I'm trading my potential severance package for a resignation because word spread too soon behind my back. ?

On 7/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, XVIIA said:

There have been rumors of layoffs, etc approaching, so I guess that I'm trading my potential severance package for a resignation because word spread too soon behind my back.

Say no!  Just say you haven't made a decision one way or the other yet, and therefore you haven't wanted to resign.

One of my friends who I've had romantic feelings for for a while just told me that he also has those feelings. Tomorrow I move 7 hours away. I want to scream. 

I'm moving to my new city in phases. I'm keeping my current home as I'm a non-traditional student living in an inter-generational home, so I don't have to move out all of my stuff. Everything is a mess of boxes, piles of books and clothes. Some I'm taking this week, some next when I'll have more help. I pulled a muscle in my neck and would rather waste time looking at new rugs online. The next few days are going to be hectic, fun and exciting but hectic.