Munk School, NPSIA, BSIA 2016

blaffy78

I was looking at the admission requirements and it said that:  Students who have not completed one credit of introductory economics at the time of their application will have their admission into the program made conditional upon its successful completion prior to registration.

Hope that helps!

10 minutes ago, IRFeminist said:

For those accepted into NPSIA, do you have a 21 day period to accept/decline your offer of admission?

The official offer will come within 5-10 business days, and once you have the official offer then it's 21 days.

23 minutes ago, IRFeminist said:

Did you fulfill the economics prerequisites? I wonder if that's why they can't grant admission. Or is hold synonymous with waitlisted?

I'm currently enroled in macro- and microeconomics, so will have completed by the end of this semester.

I haven't received any email and my status hasn't changed. It's still "recommended for assessment". I am assuming I am either gonna get rejected or be put on hold like other applicants....wish they would just tell me so I could move on...

However, Congrats to those that got in!

Edited by GirlFromToronto

1 minute ago, GirlFromToronto said:

I haven't received any email and my status hasn't changed. It's still "recommended for assessment". I am assuming I am either gonna get rejected or be put on hold like other applicants....wish they would just tell me so I could move on...

However, Congrats to those that got in!

Don't worry yet! Tabbatha only said in her Friday email that they would begin to let us know today. They probably won't get through everyone in one day. I know that the wait is stressful though!

1 minute ago, GirlFromToronto said:

My status hasn't yet reflected the e-mail I received... I'm also unsure as to whether I should end up taking the econ courses when I'm placed on hold. The only reason I'd be taking them is for the NPSIA MA. ~$1200 seems like a lot to gamble with if I could end up getting rejected in the summer :wacko:. I'd also have to quit my job.

1 minute ago, lew said:

Don't worry yet! Tabbatha only said in her Friday email that they would begin to let us know today. They probably won't get through everyone in one day. I know that the wait is stressful though!

I know but like you said its really stressful because you have to make a decision for certain schools and the deadlines are soon. The wait doesn't really help :(

2 minutes ago, IRFeminist said:

My status hasn't yet reflected the e-mail I received... I'm also unsure as to whether I should end up taking the econ courses when I'm placed on hold. The only reason I'd be taking them is for the NPSIA MA. ~$1200 seems like a lot to gamble with if I could end up getting rejected in the summer :wacko:. I'd also have to quit my job.

That sucks :( I hate when they say waitlist or put on hold. My friend was put on hold for NPSIA last year until May and they ended up rejecting her so it doesn't really help when they say that

Just now, GirlFromToronto said:

I know but like you said its really stressful because you have to make a decision for certain schools and the deadlines are soon. The wait doesn't really help :(

I totally get it. I'm going to have to decide between Balsillie and NPSIA and I don't think I'll have all of the NPSIA info before I have to accept or decline Balsillie. I've already concluded I'm going to have to pay the deposit for Balsillie and then potentially lose it depending on what I decide... It really sucks that the deadlines are so spread out.

I'm sure they'll get back to you soon! I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Just now, lew said:

I totally get it. I'm going to have to decide between Balsillie and NPSIA and I don't think I'll have all of the NPSIA info before I have to accept or decline Balsillie. I've already concluded I'm going to have to pay the deposit for Balsillie and then potentially lose it depending on what I decide... It really sucks that the deadlines are so spread out.

I'm sure they'll get back to you soon! I've got my fingers crossed for you :)

Thank you! hopefully it works out regardless of what the decision is. And NPSIA and Balsillie are both great schools so it's tough decision I am sure whichever you choose will be the right one for you and hopefully it works out for the best :)

4 hours ago, alyshim said:

I was admitted to NPSIA as well! What specializations did everyone choose? 

Congrats! and best of luck to everyone else

My top pick was International Development Policy :D

Hey all,

I had been accepted to both GSPIA and Munk, and had accepted GSPIA before hearing from Munk. I have since accepted my offer from Munk and have rescinded my acceptance of the GSPIA offer.

Hopefully this opens up a spot for anyone on a GSPIA waitlist or who has yet to hear.

As well, how about those of us committed to Munk set up a FB page? Just an idea :)

Hey! If anyone on this forum who has been accepted to Munk, however will be declining their offer for another program, or for whatever reason will be declining their offer - if you wouldn't mind mentioning that in a post, it would be greatly appreciated! I am currently "waitlisted" and would be very happy to hear about others declining their offers as it was the only program I applied to. 

Thanks and best of luck to everyone! 

On March 21, 2016 at 3:49 PM, IRFeminist said:

Why wouldn't they just say "waitlisted" then? I wonder how many people will end up being on hold.

I really dont know. I have the econ requirements and am not applying for the joint program. Idk which genius came up with the idea of telling candidates their application has been put on hold. Makes it sound like theres something missing in the application. 

I have also been waitlisted for Munk but I am not gonna get my hopes up. As for NPSIA I still haven't received an email from Tabbitha. So its not looking so good. My status still says "recommended for assessment" I called her and she said to email her with my Carleton ID and she would get back to me. When I emailed her I received an automatic message:

"Thank you for your email. Please note that while I am currently in the office I am receiving larger than normal amounts of email so it is taking much longer to respond.  I am also receiving  larger than normal amount of telephone calls and would like to thank you in advance  for your patience during this very busy time."

Idk if they forgot about me or what? or if I am headed in the rejection pile however would be nice to know where I stand. Anyone else having the same issue?

1 hour ago, AndrewH17 said:

Hey! If anyone on this forum who has been accepted to Munk, however will be declining their offer for another program, or for whatever reason will be declining their offer - if you wouldn't mind mentioning that in a post, it would be greatly appreciated! I am currently "waitlisted" and would be very happy to hear about others declining their offers as it was the only program I applied to. 

Thanks and best of luck to everyone! 

Same, it's the only program I applied to mainly because working full-time etc stretched my grad-school-application time really thin :( 

I haven't heard anything from NPSIA and my status on the site still hasn't changed. I'm assuming that she said she would be sending first round offers starting yesterday. I also still haven't heard anything from Balsillie school application. I might call in tomorrow because they have been very quiet

29 minutes ago, SNowB said:

I haven't heard anything from NPSIA and my status on the site still hasn't changed. I'm assuming that she said she would be sending first round offers starting yesterday. I also still haven't heard anything from Balsillie school application. I might call in tomorrow because they have been very quiet

Don't worry too much about the status on the NPSIA site. I heard that I was in from Tabbitha yesterday, but my status hasn't changed. It won't change until an official offer comes in 5-10 business days. Did you apply to MAGG or MIPP at Balsillie?

Edited by lew

20 hours ago, LiamShag said:

Hey all,

I had been accepted to both GSPIA and Munk, and had accepted GSPIA before hearing from Munk. I have since accepted my offer from Munk and have rescinded my acceptance of the GSPIA offer.

Hopefully this opens up a spot for anyone on a GSPIA waitlist or who has yet to hear.

As well, how about those of us committed to Munk set up a FB page? Just an idea :)

Hi Liam. I'm in a similar situation as you, except my GSPIA letter only came after I had accepted Munk; so I'll be declining the GSPIA offer. If you set up a Facebook group post the link here and I'd join.

Incidentally, I'm also going to decline my offer from McGill that I received today for the MA Political Science program. Not sure if that would have been on the radar for others here, but if you happened to be wait-listed, I'll be opening a spot shortly.

Anyone in here apply to BSIA MIPP program? Any updates?

Havent heard anything after I asked if acceptance/rejection go out via email or phone. They said email. Besides that, no status updates.

42 minutes ago, lew said:

Don't worry too much about the status on the NPSIA site. I heard that I was in from Tabbitha yesterday, but my status hasn't changed. It won't change until an official offer comes in 5-10 business days. Did you apply to MAGG or MIPP at Balsillie?

I applied for the MIPP program. There has been no feedback at all so I'm curious. I hear that the program is  small so crossing my fingers