Fall 2016 - Master of Health Informatics University of Toronto / Master of Science in eHealth McMaster University

bluejays

If you are an international student I wouldn't worry...they take alot of money from you guys and honestly aren't as strict because that's they make money. You guys triple the fees we do

26 minutes ago, bluejays said:

I received a date for the McMaster interview. Next Friday in the morning. Anyone have any tips?

i recieved mines for the afternoon. We are all flying blind. Did they mention something about a written activity?

My interview is Friday morning as well at 10, but written activity half an hour before? I though that they're emailing you something half an hour before and it says to complete it right after the interview? Hmm sort of nervous for this 

7 hours ago, Dwabtit said:

If you are an international student I wouldn't worry...they take alot of money from you guys and honestly aren't as strict because that's they make money. You guys triple the fees we do

I am from Taiwan but not an international student. I have to deal with some personal issues and return to Canada this summer. 

Congrats to all of you who received the actual interview date. I hope I could know mine as soon as possible ... so that I can have same progress as yours.

Will you guys all go to Mac for the interview? I was wondering if they informed people who can visit Mac first. I try not to freak out but still refresh my mailbox every hr ... > <"

Edited by jChuang

16 minutes ago, jChuang said:

I am from Taiwan but not an international student. I have to deal with some personal issues and return to Canada this summer. 

Congrats to all of you who received the actual interview date. I hope I could know mine as soon as possible ... so that I can have same progress as yours.

Will you guys all go to Mac for the interview? I was wondering if they informed people who can visit Mac first. I try not to freak out but still refresh my mailbox every hr ... > <"

mac is abut 30mins drive away from me so its not big of a deal...I just need to prep for the interview

1 hour ago, jChuang said:

They asked me for my skype address so that they could interview me via skype, but McMaster is 2 hours from me so I am just going to drive there to do the interview in person. Try not to stress..

On 09/03/2016 at 9:03 PM, jChuang said:

Hey have u received an exact date yet?

5 minutes ago, Dwabtit said:

Hey have u received an exact date yet?

NO ... I sent a letter to them right after I got the first email to state my status. Maybe that's why I haven't got further notification. I will send them another mail next week if I don't hear from them till then. 

1 hour ago, musicfreak said:

My interview at McMaster was at 10 this morning and I already got accepted- fast turnaround! :)

Wow Congrats!!!! 

How is the written activity? I am very curious about it. 

And did you hear anything about the progress of this program? 

43 minutes ago, jChuang said:

Wow Congrats!!!! 

How is the written activity? I am very curious about it. 

And did you hear anything about the progress of this program? 

Written activity was very straight forward- asked you to write a cover letter. I'm not sure about when they're interviewing others. 

Edited by musicfreak

6 hours ago, musicfreak said:

My interview at McMaster was at 10 this morning and I already got accepted- fast turnaround! :)

Wow congrats! Was the interview a tough one or they only asked typical behaviour-based questions? 

I thought they would inform the acceptance after they interview everyone, but it doesn't look like it now. I wonder if people who are invited for interview would get accepted as long as you aren't too off track during the interview. 

Hey everyone I am joining the convo kind of late but I also have an interview at Mac for the eHealth program on the 18th! It is the only grad program for which I have applied. I am beyond nervous about getting accepted and have been trying to brush up on my interviewing skills. :) Thank you to everyone who has contributed on this forum by the way, feels great to know I'm not alone. 

I read on the MacInsiders discussion forum someone commented back in 2014 about the eHealth interview "I recently had my behavioural interview. It's not very difficult and it is quite a relaxed environment. They ask you questions like: "Tell us about a situation when you worked with someone who did not like working with you. How did you deal with it?" and "Tell us about a stressful challenge that you dealt with in your past. How did you overcome it?", etc. Very situational questions, so they require you to recall specific experiences." 

Edited by tealogic

13 hours ago, musicfreak said:

Congrats that is amazing!!! You must feel relieved :)

7 hours ago, shee_0907 said:

Wow congrats! Was the interview a tough one or they only asked typical behaviour-based questions? 

I thought they would inform the acceptance after they interview everyone, but it doesn't look like it now. I wonder if people who are invited for interview would get accepted as long as you aren't too off track during the interview. 

I hope that you are right. Do you have a exact interview date? I want to know if I am alone Q.Q

19 minutes ago, tealogic said:

Hey everyone I am joining the convo kind of late but I also have an interview at Mac for the eHealth program on the 18th! It is the only grad program for which I have applied. I am beyond nervous about getting accepted and have been trying to brush up on my interviewing skills. :) Thank you to everyone who has contributed on this forum by the way, feels great to know I'm not alone. 

I read on the MacInsiders discussion forum someone commented back in 2014 about the eHealth interview "I recently had my behavioural interview. It's not very difficult and it is quite a relaxed environment. They ask you questions like: "Tell us about a situation when you worked with someone who did not like working with you. How did you deal with it?" and "Tell us about a stressful challenge that you dealt with in your past. How did you overcome it?", etc. Very situational questions, so they require you to recall specific experiences." 

Yes, these seem typical. Thanks for the information. Although I still have no exact interview date, I think I'd better start preparing for it. 

UFT applicant, went to interview, thought it went okay. Did not apply to Mac, but now wish I did! 
GPA: 3.7-3.8, no professional work experience, have been research assistant with projects at my university, but these were not related to the field of health, let alone health informatics.

Was wondering if any other applicants had heard from UFT yet. Will post here if I do.

Hey I just joined this forum. Saw some people have heard back from UofT - do you mind sharing your credentials? 

I have applied to both Mac and UofT but I am really interested in UofT. 

My cGPA is 3.25 and last two years 3.50-3.53. Don't have any experience in HI except for using HI softwares for work. Some research experience. What do you think are my chances?

Someone should make a spreadsheet keeping track of programs applied, credentials and dates of correspondence. 

On 3/8/2016 at 10:19 PM, musicfreak said:

They asked me for my skype address so that they could interview me via skype, but McMaster is 2 hours from me so I am just going to drive there to do the interview in person. Try not to stress..

have you heard from mac..i havent heard anything from uft my stats are very similar to yours

The interview is very relaxed! The actual talking part of the interview was only 15 minutes for me so it's not too many questions, only like a time you had to resolve a problem and why you want to go there etc. I declined McGill and I think I will be accepting Queens but I'm still waiting back to hear from other programs before declining Mac. 

Edited by musicfreak