2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

19 minutes ago, fitzgradschool said:

In general, if people start getting emails for interviews from schools that you've applied to and you haven't received an email yet, is that an ultimately doomed school? Or do they send out emails in waves?

I think it depends on the department. For example, last year MIT biology sent out all their interview invites in one day (at least from what we can see in the posted results) and then rejections six days later, whereas MIT BE sent them out slowly over the course of a month. D:

On 1/4/2017 at 5:07 PM, cancergirl said:

has anyone heard from roswell park cancer institute cell and molc bio phd?

Regarding Roswell Park, they just contacted me via email to say my transcript was blank. So i just sent them a copy. Sounds like they are still working on the applications.

2 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Has anyone heard from Mount Sinai about the 6 faculty members we'll be interviewing with? The interview is in 9 days and I still haven't received any information..

Bruh, that's a week and a half away. That's not panic zone.

13 hours ago, pitchfork said:

Anybody heard anything from Stanford Biosciences about travel arrangements/interview weekend schedule? I got an interview invite around Dec.22nd from the immunology track and haven't heard back since...

I haven't heard anything back from them yet either. I think we might just have to wait a little more.  They might be taking their time since the interview isn't until March.

6 minutes ago, DreamHigh said:

I haven't heard anything back from them yet either. I think we might just have to wait a little more.  They might be taking their time since the interview isn't until March.

Yeah, although I would like them to send something, just so I know what date/time it ends. I'm camping out in SF for like a week and a half for interviews, want to get this situated ASAP.

1 hour ago, TinyAmbystoma said:

I think it depends on the department. For example, last year MIT biology sent out all their interview invites in one day (at least from what we can see in the posted results) and then rejections six days later, whereas MIT BE sent them out slowly over the course of a month. D:

Called MIT Biology and the lady said all invites were sent out Saturday :s 

1 hour ago, chanoschanos said:

You can email the program coordinator. I was also feeling the same thing when I don't receive any emails from schools. But when I emailed the program coordinators, some of them are still evaluating my application and will let me know the result. So there is still hope! :-)

Good to know :) was freaking out when people said they'd heard from Rockefeller and I'm still waiting

27 minutes ago, Epigenetics said:

Bruh, that's a week and a half away. That's not panic zone.

But I'll be traveling 3 days prior to the interview so I won't be able to prep. I feel like schools should be more responsible and let you know who you are interviewing with weeks before. 

2 minutes ago, Katyya said:

But I'll be traveling 3 days prior to the interview so I won't be able to prep. I feel like schools should be more responsible and let you know who you are interviewing with weeks before. 

These interviews don't/aren't supposed to involve preparation. Know your research, know your interests, be able to hold a conversation. You're not getting quizzed on these professors' papers. 

7 minutes ago, cosiva said:

I agree. I'd rather just know so I can move on with my life than sit with my own suspicions...

Same, same. So much hope and stress! Obsessively refreshing and can't stop jittering over it. I thought I'd be so chill compared to undergrad admissions but nooo. I hope I get an interview someplace.

On 1/9/2017 at 4:09 PM, washington_virology said:

I'm waiting to hear back to. I just emailed them asking when they would be sending out interview offers.

They're contacting applicants this week about interviews.

36 minutes ago, Kvothe~ said:

Do you think Penn CAMB interview invites are all sent out?

Also applied to Jefferson, and no news. Same with Hopkins.

It is very likely that Penn CAMB interview invites are all out. The invites were sent before Christmas. 

4 hours ago, cuteDr22 said:

Regarding Roswell Park, they just contacted me via email to say my transcript was blank. So i just sent them a copy. Sounds like they are still working on the applications.

yea. I contacted someone and they said, we should hear something by the end of the month. but i'll keep you updated.