Fall 2017 Clinical Psychology Applicants

FacelessMage

Does anyone know if the interview invites for George Mason University's developmental psychology phd have gone out?

or Univsersity of Michigan?

or Virginia Commonwealth university?

18 minutes ago, mhassa17 said:

Does anyone know if the interview invites for George Mason University's developmental psychology phd have gone out?

or Univsersity of Michigan?

or Virginia Commonwealth university?

Check the results page. I've seen a bunch from UMich today. 

Could those of you who received interview invitations from Drexel, UCSB, Penn State, U Illinois Chicago, or UMass Boston PM me your POI initials? Thanks so much! 

Edited by Psyched56

36 minutes ago, psychlife4me said:

Congrats to the people who received invites to interview at Nebraska Lincoln! Would you mind PMing who your POI'S are?? Thank you! 

I would also like to know which POI's have extended offers, please!

On 1/2/2017 at 11:46 PM, discover said:

Would those who received an interview from Wash U in St Louis mind messaging me your POI's please? Thank you!! 

I would appreciate knowing the POI's from WashU who extended offers as well! Thank you!

On 1/4/2017 at 1:12 PM, WhatsUpDoc said:

I would appreciate knowing the POI's from Wash U who extended offers as well! Thank you!

I would appreciate knowing the POI's from WUSTL too.

29 minutes ago, Round2letsgo said:

Congrats to those that have gotten an invite from University of Maryland - College Park. I would love to know who your POI is if you wouldn't mind PMing me :)

Me too please ! Congrats!

Has anyone heard of the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences PsyD program in Clinical Psychology? I got an email regarding the program, I have no idea if it is legitimate or not. The Doctor of Osteopathy program at the school seems to be somewhat reputable. The email was sort of strange to me though.

13 minutes ago, periwinkle27 said:

Those who received interviews from Penn State and Univ of Mass-Boston, do you mind DMing me your POI's initials?

For UMass Boston are you asking about Clinical or Counseling?

19 hours ago, Dondante_MMJ said:

Yes, I reached out to three POI's before the deadline (they have a track that is concentrated in my area of research) and two after the deadline. We will see how it works out, wishing the faculty reviewed apps themselves as opposed to an admissions committee.

My current PI (a clinical psych professor at another university) said that usually each professor gets a stack of applications from everyone who applied to them and then they have the committee approve their top choices.

Sorry guys but posting about Nebraska-Lincoln clinical track again. I saw some people posted on the results page they received rejection emails and I was wondering if it was a mass rejection email or not?? I haven't heard anything positive or negative yet and I am trying to brace myself!

I would also be curious to know the POI initials of those who have gotten interview invites at UMass-Moston and University of North Carolina-Charlotte for Clinical PhD. DM me and congrats!

1 hour ago, byn said:

Mass rejection e-mails, all interviews were extended yesterday, if you did not hear from POI or receive interview offer e-mail today, it's safe to assume rejection.

Dang, wonder why I didn't at least get a rejection email with everyone else? I'd like to know rather than be in limbo

25 minutes ago, psychlife4me said:

Dang, wonder why I didn't at least get a rejection email with everyone else? I'd like to know rather than be in limbo

I also haven't heard from UNL at all, so you're not alone. My application is also still categorized as "under review" on their website. I would just love to know either way!

3 minutes ago, RemixToClinician said:

I also haven't heard from UNL at all, so you're not alone. My application is also still categorized as "under review" on their website. I would just love to know either way!

Nice to know I'm not alone! Kind of crazy to think we weren't apart of the mass rejection letter and even crazier that yours is still under review. I haven't checked mine but maybe I should! It just gives me such anxiety thinking about it haha

Hi all! I see that there are a few invites for the clinical health psych interview day at unc charlotte. Has anyone heard from the general/ experimental track? Sorry- I know this is technically a "clinical" forum. Good luck everyone! Remember good self care! 

1 hour ago, psychlife4me said:

Nice to know I'm not alone! Kind of crazy to think we weren't apart of the mass rejection letter and even crazier that yours is still under review. I haven't checked mine but maybe I should! It just gives me such anxiety thinking about it haha

Could mean you are "unofficially waitlisted", I.e., if everyone interviewed turns out to be awful or declines, they could still contact you. Not that that helps any...

1 hour ago, psychlife4me said:

I had that happen with me with South Florida last year. Saw 2 rounds of rejections go out with a month in between them before I was rejected in a third round a few weeks later. 

1 hour ago, stereopticons said:

Could mean you are "unofficially waitlisted", I.e., if everyone interviewed turns out to be awful or declines, they could still contact you. Not that that helps any...

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

I had that happen with me with South Florida last year. Saw 2 rounds of rejections go out with a month in between them before I was rejected in a third round a few weeks later. 

Thanks, this is helpful to know! At this point, I will just go ahead and assume rejection then. On to the next one...