2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

8 hours ago, Applesandbananas said:

Yes, I received an email yesterday with an official offer and details on funding. The standard package is $25,000 for five years on top of tuition, etc. I’m also nominated for a school wide funding package, so that could be the reason why I’ve received funding information.

Just chiming in to say - congrats! But that is definitely not the standard package at UT.

3 hours ago, ArcierePrudente said:

If you're feeling gutsy, you can reach out to a POI, especially if you've made contact already. 

Technically, the Grad Admissions Office is right: acceptances/rejections are not official until early March, when offers are posted on portals, etc. This is because some departments have waiting lists, and there are random housekeeping issues/loose ends that need to be tied up/other technicalities I neither know nor understand nor care to, and they can't definitively tell you it's over—because they themselves don't know—until that date.  

So I'd say a POI is your best bet for the moment. 

3 hours ago, deutsch1997bw said:

Yeah, I would also only recommend doing this if you've corresponded with him or her before. 

Thanks both of you. Looks like I'll just be waiting it out. I'd say there is only a very small chance that I would be accepted there anyway.

4 hours ago, redfive said:

claiming a cornell admit...man guys...been in hell for a while...don't want to say people should just hang in there 'cause bad things are real and happen but so too are good things. sheer dumb luck. best of wishes to all of you. be nice to yourselves!

Congrats! That's excellent news.

1 hour ago, Dirichlet said:

I just got a phone call from Stanford with news of my admission. I'm in a state of disbelief – shaking and crying with joy. 

Congratulations! Throw yourself a celebration for sure. Which subfield, if you don't mind me asking?

15 minutes ago, cpmethods said:

Just received a rejection from Stanford.. No email, just checked applyweb and a button called view your decision letter appeared..

Same here ?

Waitlisted at USC too. Looks like I'm almost certainly going to Notre Dame, but maybe the waitlists might change that.

And thus, the non-waitlist portion of my cycle ends:

Accepted: Notre Dame, UC Irvine, Colorado, Missouri

Waitlisted: USC, WashU-STL, Brandeis

Rejected: Michigan, Princeton, Univ of Washington

22 minutes ago, Wongs said:

usc waitlisted.

all Admission acceptance have been sent according to the email.

good luck

please reject if you have better offer. This is my top choice

when did you get the email? I received nothing so far...

5 minutes ago, Throwaway_polisci said:

Nope. Rifling through spam folders right now but it looks like nothing. So bizarre! Did anyone here get an email from the Department? I want to make sure I didn't miss anything

That's strange. But, hey, an acceptance is acceptance regardless of the mode of delivery! Congratulations!! 

Also, if you don't mind my asking, are you a domestic or international applicant?

5 minutes ago, displaynamehere said:

That's strange. But, hey, an acceptance is acceptance regardless of the mode of delivery! Congratulations!! 

Also, if you don't mind my asking, are you a domestic or international applicant?

Thank you! And Domestic. I live in the Northeastern corridor and it looks like it was super express, so presumably the package got here before they had the chance to reach out via email.

Edited by Throwaway_polisci

1 hour ago, buckinghamubadger said:

Waitlisted at USC too. Looks like I'm almost certainly going to Notre Dame, but maybe the waitlists might change that.

And thus, the non-waitlist portion of my cycle ends:

Accepted: Notre Dame, UC Irvine, Colorado, Missouri

Waitlisted: USC, WashU-STL, Brandeis

Rejected: Michigan, Princeton, Univ of Washington

Did Notre Dame come out today?  Didn't get an email and my decision status is still pending, per my application

Edited by Ayerbender