2017-2018 Application Cycle

IR44

Looks like Pitt acceptances were sent out, I heard nothing. So that's an official rejection from UCLA, and a likely rejection from Northwestern and Pitt. Not holding out much hope for Cornell, given I considered it the long shot of the four. I might return in a month or so, message some of you to see if you might share SOP and things like that, get an idea of how to improve my application for next cycle. I know the impulse is to say not to lose hope yet, but I'm a realist. I can see from the profile of acceptances that my GRE was obvious weaker than I had anticipated, and there may be other parts of my application that needed work as well. I see no reason to pin my hopes on the idea of a long shot application beating out strong applications in a highly competitive process. Needless to say I will be much better informed and prepared come fall for the next cycle.

I congratulate you all who got accepted, you earned it. Best of luck to everybody still trying. 

1 hour ago, audre.bored said:

Just received a letter of admissions to University of Maryland along with funding info.

Really hoping I hear positive news from them in the next hour or so. They're my presumptive last best hope.

7 minutes ago, swampyankee said:

Yessir. A few people have already claimed acceptances, so my expectations are tempered, but I'm eager to hear one way or another.

Same here. I emailed them and they said decisions are ongoing. Best of luck! If you can, please do post here when you hear back.

5 minutes ago, Nelz said:

Same here. I emailed them and they said decisions are ongoing. Best of luck! If you can, please do post here when you hear back.

I called them last week, the admin staff told me they are wrapping up decisions within two weeks.

Edited by BobBobBob

I'd say it is reasonable to expect to hear from these schools by the end of next week, perhaps earlier. Others I have forgotten, these are just the schools I still have on my radar.

UPenn 

Cornell (Rejections as well, I think)

Georgetown 

Brown (looks like they'll send rejections as well)

Notre Dame (assuming they aren't done already)

6 minutes ago, sbs2018 said:

I'd say it is reasonable to expect to hear from these schools by the end of next week, perhaps earlier. Others I have forgotten, these are just the schools I still have on my radar.

UPenn 

Cornell (Rejections as well, I think)

Georgetown 

Brown (looks like they'll send rejections as well)

Notre Dame (assuming they aren't done already)

I would also add Indiana and Minnesota.