Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

Hi guys, long time lurker here... I’m so nervous!!! I can log into ACORN on my iPhone but I can’t figure out where to see “invited” or not... just see manage/enroll but nothing shows up- it says I’m not enrolled in anything (which makes sense but I feel like I’m missing something here!?). Can anyone advise how to see this on a mobile device?

Thanks so much & Congrats to everyone!

10 minutes ago, acciojenna said:

Then that's definitely a great sign! I applied to an OISE program that I was accepted into so i have no indication!! ahh I want to know

Thank you for the information!! I’m cautiously excited!

7 minutes ago, Klara_kay said:

Hi guys, long time lurker here... I’m so nervous!!! I can log into ACORN on my iPhone but I can’t figure out where to see “invited” or not... just see manage/enroll but nothing shows up- it says I’m not enrolled in anything (which makes sense but I feel like I’m missing something here!?). Can anyone advise how to see this on a mobile device?

I’m not sure about on a phone! On a computer it shows up on the home page, you don’t have to click on manage/enrol! So if nothing is showing up don’t get too disappointed, I would check it out on a computer first ^_^

11 minutes ago, Klara_kay said:

Hi, 

There are several screenshots of it on page 11 of this forum. If it doesn't say "Invited" you won't see anything at all. The "invited" is typically also visible on mobile devices. Hope this helps. 

Edited by SwagMaster

9 minutes ago, Klara_kay said:

I just signed up for acorn.

There's a way to check your emails.

My guess it's in there. Not 100% sure since I have to wait 30 min. to have it activated lol

6 minutes ago, SwagMaster said:

Hi, 

There are several screenshots of it on page 11 of this forum. If it doesn't say "Invited" you won't see anything at all. The "invited" is typically also visible on mobile devices. Hope this helps. 

That was very helpful, thank you.

35 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

Does invited for sure mean this??? Mine says invited too...?!?!

Yeah, I think so!

My status also showed "invited," and I got the official offer in the mailbox in two days.

And I applied for one-year MSW program in the U of T.

Congratulations!

7 minutes ago, Snellbell said:

Still hope for the 2 year program at U of T then. Advanced standing always comes first.

The advanced standing results for UofT came out in February. The ones coming out now are for the 2 year. 

10 minutes ago, Zie said:

Yeah, I think so!

My status also showed "invited," and I got the official offer in the mailbox in two days.

And I applied for one-year MSW program in the U of T.

Congratulations!

Thank you for letting me know! Hopefully they are sending letters this week!

46 minutes ago, hannahdaviidson said:

Mine says invited too!

I wonder if they are sending out 2-year admissions in alphabetical order. My last name starts with "p".

Edited by spers
spelling mistake

4 minutes ago, heather.m said:

Those of you who have seen your status on ACORN change to “invited”, what letter do your last names start with? Mine is M... I’m wondering if they manually change each person who’s been accepted or if they change all at once. I am absolutely petrified right now 

You're not the only one. This whole process is gut wrenching. After yesterday I just wanted to curl up in a ball. But no, still have to finish my honours year

6 minutes ago, Snellbell said:

You're not the only one. This whole process is gut wrenching. After yesterday I just wanted to curl up in a ball. But no, still have to finish my honours year

How am I supposed to focus on exams now? :( I have logged into ACORN about five times in the last hour...

Hi everyone, long time lurker here! Today has been such a nerve wracking day, especially after seeing 2-year msw acceptances for uoft (only school I applied to) come out. I am currently at work completely unable to focus and keep refreshing acorn and there is nothing :( do people know if there's more than one round of admissions, and how they send out acceptances? (I.e. is it alphabetically?) 

Edited by Nervousme
Spelling error

16 minutes ago, heather.m said:

Those of you who have seen your status on ACORN change to “invited”, what letter do your last names start with? Mine is M... I’m wondering if they manually change each person who’s been accepted or if they change all at once. I am absolutely petrified right now 

Mine is m too and I have nothing :( I really hope its alphabetical. I hope we hear soon!

for those of you whose status on acorn has changed to "invited"

when you go to "enroll and manage" and then click on programs, does the MSW show up there?

I ask because my status is invited due to another program I have applied for with no way to seemingly differentiate. 

I have been following this thread all day so i decided to make an account! ahah i am freaking out because i cannot wait any longer. What is this acorn website everyone is talking about? ahah i just use SGS. is acorn for current UFT students only? I callled UOFT and they said that acorn is like their blackboard and you will only have access to it once you are admitted so idk how people are seeing their application status?

This is my first time using gradcafe so I apologize if im posting this in the wrong place lol 

4 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

I have been following this thread all day so i decided to make an account! ahah i am freaking out because i cannot wait any longer. What is this acorn website everyone is talking about? ahah i just use SGS. is acorn for current UFT students only? I callled UOFT and they said that acorn is like their blackboard and you will only have access to it once you are admitted so idk how people are seeing their application status?

This is my first time using gradcafe so I apologize if im posting this in the wrong place lol 

Welcome, I joined a couple days ago.

So you should have gotten an email from U of T a while back about Join ID. Find that email and that will help you get into acorn. There is a link to set up your Join ID. Once you are done with the password change I just clicked on the logo on that website page and it went back to U of T and at the top there was a button with Acorn on it.