Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

8 minutes ago, cat_not_kitty said:

Instructions for accepting will be in your snail mail acceptance package! No administrative tasks for now – just celebrate!!

thank you <33333

Don't worry – having read all previous years' forums (many more than once) I can assure you that it's never been alphabetical in the past!

6 minutes ago, Erin32796 said:

i hope it isn't in alphabetical order! Mine starts with B.

5 hours ago, KD.msw said:

Today, I was admitted into the Post-degree BSW program at Waterloo! Quest was updated but I haven't received an email yet.

So excited!! 

Firstly, congrats on your admissions! I am interested in applying to the post-BSW program at Waterloo next year and there hasn't been much discussion about the program in this forum. I was just curious about how much volunteer/work experience you had in the social sector before applying. The Waterloo website doesn't really discuss if there are a minimum number of hours needed.

16 minutes ago, cat_not_kitty said:

Don't worry – having read all previous years' forums (many more than once) I can assure you that it's never been alphabetical in the past!

Good to know! ??

Does it always say SW MSW 2 2018-2019 for you guys or does that only show up along with "invited" once you have been accepted? Cause right now, it says nothing under degree registration status, only "you do not have any enrolled courses for 2018 Winter" 

Do you think there will be another round of acceptances? 

And for those who go accepted - what was you avg and how many yrs of experience did you guys have?

@cat_not_kitty  i really really hope so!!!!! i really hope so. i spoke to someone at admin who wasnt angela and shes like oh this doesnt sound right but idk what to believe rn- i guess ill believe it when i see the actual sheet of paper!! angela isnt picking up but this definitely isnt a glitch or anything right?

Edited by karisma

36 minutes ago, Nervousme said:

That you've been accepted!! Congratulations :) what letter does your last name start with ahah? And did it literally just change?

thank you!! i dont know if it just changed- it was my first time checking it today and when i saw it i was like WTF. my last name starts with J!!! and hopefully yours will come soon! dont fret 

2 hours ago, jage24 said:

So...:

I just checked my ACORN this morning and saw...

INVITED!!!

UoT is my dream school and I am in serious disbelief I got accepted.

CONGRATS FRIEND! we are going to be classmates. i ran out of the ability to send likes (grad cafe  -__-) BUT WHOOOT!

AHH! This is so intense! Nothing on my ACORN. Also a little misleading in that someone got through to the admissions office today and they mentioned Thursday? EEK! Perhaps that was another program. Fingers crossed these are just the initial offers!!! 

12 minutes ago, lala91 said:

Firstly, congrats on your admissions! I am interested in applying to the post-BSW program at Waterloo next year and there hasn't been much discussion about the program in this forum. I was just curious about how much volunteer/work experience you had in the social sector before applying. The Waterloo website doesn't really discuss if there are a minimum number of hours needed.

Thanks! My work experience is limited in the social work field; however, I was a p/t high school teacher for 5 years. My volunteer experience includes about 400 hours as a summer camp counselor. Compared with others, I don't think my experience is that significant. I was put on the waitlist last year for U of T's 2-year MSW so this is my plan B :) I have been taking the prereqs online through Renison this past year and have had a really great experience. This fall I hope to apply for 1 year MSW programs. 

1 hour ago, karisma said:

@cat_not_kitty  i really really hope so!!!!! i really hope so. i spoke to someone at admin who wasnt angela and shes like oh this doesnt sound right but idk what to believe rn- i guess ill believe it when i see the actual sheet of paper!! angela isnt picking up but this definitely isnt a glitch or anything right?

what did she say didn't sound right? 

1 hour ago, Klara_kay said:

AHH! This is so intense! Nothing on my ACORN. Also a little misleading in that someone got through to the admissions office today and they mentioned Thursday? EEK! Perhaps that was another program. Fingers crossed these are just the initial offers!!! 

Did they say that Thursday is when we will start hearing? And I'm really hoping we get in in the next round of offers! Fingers crossed!! 

What the!? I have no idea why the person who answered the phone would say something as confusing and misleading as that. I have seen many, many forum members get invited via ROSI and ACORN over the years – they've all absolutely been acceptances. Past forum members have also called Angela as well as the SGS office about this, and both have confirmed that 'Invited' means accepted. Don't fret about it! Of course you'll feel better once you have your letter in hand – but I feel completely comfortable saying that it's not a glitch...and, trust me, I'm a not one to be presumptuous about these things, for fear of having my heart ripped out of my chest.

16 minutes ago, karisma said:

6 minutes ago, Nervousme said:

what did she say didn't sound right? 

like the invited- shes like oh it should take another 2 weeks to change idk

i think you also replied to my message earlier, my last name starts with J! im all over the place so my bad if i didnt reply

4 minutes ago, Corrina_22 said:

Congrats to everyone getting their acceptances for the 2 year MSW at U of T! I just got Invited, so I wanted to say that I am looking forward to hopefully having our paths cross in the coming months :) 

thanks Corrina_22!!! hopefully we can make a fb social group or something :)

1 hour ago, karisma said:

i think you also replied to my message earlier, my last name starts with J! im all over the place so my bad if i didnt reply

Thanks for responding! That sound extremely misleading, I'm not sure why she would say that...I can also confirm that my friends from previous years who had "invited" have definitely been accepted, so she was probably reffering to the fact that the system updated that quickly? 

Sounds like she was thinking of the SGS site...

7 minutes ago, karisma said:

1 hour ago, Corrina_22 said:

Congrats to everyone getting their acceptances for the 2 year MSW at U of T! I just got Invited, so I wanted to say that I am looking forward to hopefully having our paths cross in the coming months :) 

Congrats @Corrina_22! Did your acorn just recently update? (I am still frantically refreshing mine hoping that it magically updates) :( You must be so relieved and excited though!! 

Edited by Nervousme

They set their 2-year admissions at a "steady state" of 145 in 2013, according to the 2014 Self-Study, http://socialwork.utoronto.ca/about-us/utqap-self-study-2014/. ☺️

26 minutes ago, Erin32796 said:

How many people does U of T accept for the 2-year?

Edited by cat_not_kitty