Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

5 minutes ago, cat_not_kitty said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (Eloquent.)

5aba96eb1c9e0_ACORNINVITED.thumb.jpg.e33a31ca2d0e11c67242ecefd8a8b809.jpg

Congratulations! This is amazing, you must be so excited :)

If you don't mind me asking, what letter does your last name start with?

5 minutes ago, Snellbell said:

BAHAHAHHAA! all wondering about last names

This is way too nerve-wracking :( I just really really hope that they are going in alphabetical order and that we still hear back! Sending good vibes to both of us and everyone who is still waiting to hear and anxiously refreshing acorn. Did you get a call back from them by any chance? 

Massive congratulations to all who have heard so far!! Invited definitely means accepted – don't worry about that!

My ACORN said nothing when I checked at around 1:00pm (and quickly delivered an expletive when I found it blank as always), so it definitely changed within the last couple of hours. My last name begins with L. SGS, of course, still says "Under Review" – and likely will for days/weeks. Quoting in part of an old post of mine, to make ACORN instructions more readily available!

This is just the very first trickle of acceptances – there will ABSOLUTELY be many, many more! Acceptances have continued to roll out until mid-April in past years, with the bulk of them arriving in early April. Hang in there, all – I'm hoping with every ounce of my spirit that you all receive acceptances!

On 2018-03-09 at 3:07 AM, cat_not_kitty said:

The SGS site (where you currently see "Under review" for your U of T application) likely won't update until well after you've already received your package/letter in the mail, and even then all it will say is "Decision made", regardless of whether you've been accepted, waitlisted, or rejected.

Acceptances for U of T first show up on the student portal, ACORN (no email prompt, we just check it obsessively until something shows up ^_^). Check your email for instructions from SGS admissions on how to create a U of T JoinID, then use those credentials to log in here: http://www.acorn.utoronto.ca. If you have been accepted, you will see "Invited" in orange in the "Academics" section in the bottom left hand side of the main dashboard page that pops up after you log in (there's a screenshot of what it should look like in the last post of page 11 of this forum topic). Keep in mind that nothing will show up there if you have been waitlisted or rejected – these results are mailed, and generally don't come until all rounds of admissions are complete sometime in early- to mid-April. Also, on rare occasion, people have received acceptances in the mail without their ACORN updating first.

4 minutes ago, karisma said:

GUYS I JUST GOT THIS

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

5aba9ab657f62_ScreenShot2018-03-27at3_28_49PM.png.ef5425c444a2217d74152cd77ebe6594.png

That you've been accepted!! Congratulations :) what letter does your last name start with ahah? And did it literally just change?

20 minutes ago, Snellbell said:

Welcome, I joined a couple days ago.

So you should have gotten an email from U of T a while back about Join ID. Find that email and that will help you get into acorn. There is a link to set up your Join ID. Once you are done with the password change I just clicked on the logo on that website page and it went back to U of T and at the top there was a button with Acorn on it.

Thanks! Im on ACORN and it says im not enrolled in any program :/ none of the program info is popping up like how I see other  peoples based on their screenshots 

It means you're accepted!! CONGRATULATIONS, Karisma!! I knew your application would stand out ?. We're going to be classmates, as predicted!!!

9 minutes ago, karisma said:

GUYS I JUST GOT THIS

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

5aba9ab657f62_ScreenShot2018-03-27at3_28_49PM.png.ef5425c444a2217d74152cd77ebe6594.png

Edited by cat_not_kitty
Grammar.

14 minutes ago, Nervousme said:

This is way too nerve-wracking :( I just really really hope that they are going in alphabetical order and that we still hear back! Sending good vibes to both of us and everyone who is still waiting to hear and anxiously refreshing acorn. Did you get a call back from them by any chance? 

Nope I did not:( doesn't surprise me. They still haven't called me back from last week's message either.

5 minutes ago, 2 Year MSW said:

Thanks! Im on ACORN and it says im not enrolled in any program :/ none of the program info is popping up like how I see other  peoples based on their screenshots 

It'll show beside degree registration status on the dashboard page. It'll be in smaller print and orange as you can see in the screenshots above

4 minutes ago, Snellbell said:

Nope I did not:( doesn't surprise me. They still haven't called me back from last week's message either.

Sorry to hear that, they must be super busy :/ do you know at all if there's only one round of acceptances or more? Truly hoping and wishing for the best for everyone! 

HOW DO WE

8 minutes ago, cat_not_kitty said:

It means you're accepted!! CONGRATULATIONS, Karisma!! I knew your application would stand out ?. We're going to be classmates, as predicted!!!

THANK YOU MY DEAR <3 

J! MY LAST NAME STARTS WITH J!!!!!!

HOW DO WE ACCEPT??

Instructions for accepting will be in your snail mail acceptance package! No administrative tasks for now – just celebrate!!

5 minutes ago, karisma said:

THANK YOU MY DEAR <3 

J! MY LAST NAME STARTS WITH J!!!!!!

HOW DO WE ACCEPT??