Canadian MSW Applicants 2018

I just called York about possible waitlist positions (for the 2-year), here is the info they gave me:

• The waitlist isn't compiled yet, but it will likely be sent out in the next 1-2 weeks.
  • About 10 people get on the waitlist.
  • You will be notified in some form if you do get on the waitlist.

Here's to hoping! It's my top choice, although I know it's a longshot considering the sheer amount of applicants.

3 hours ago, SW Sevante said:

Good morning everyone!  CHEERS to another day of constantly refreshing my email, checking LORIS and reading this forum.  ;)

Thank goodness I have a workshop to run this afternoon.  That will at least offer me 3 hours of distraction. :P

3 hours ago, skd05 said:

Story of my life..... legit refreshing.. i have a busier day. So heres to praying ?

Agreed! The waiting continues and I'm getting more and more nervous as they days go on! Does anyone have an idea as to when we'll hear back from Laurier for the 2 year MSW program?

10 minutes ago, Jess22 said:

Agreed! The waiting continues and I'm getting more and more nervous as they days go on! Does anyone have an idea as to when we'll hear back from Laurier for the 2 year MSW program?

I applied to the online stream and i heard end of march which is this week :( hopefully

36 minutes ago, GradApplicant22 said:

Just found out Calgary is still sending out acceptances this week for Clinical

oh shit! There is hope! lol 

4 minutes ago, GradApplicant22 said:

LMAO I know, I am now praying to every religious deity. #bless

hahahah I feel you. I just phoned the faculty and they said they will start sounding out the rest of this decisions this Thursday! Although she said since the school is closed Friday, there is a chance you might not hear back until early next week.. 

59 minutes ago, mitchae said:

hahahah I feel you. I just phoned the faculty and they said they will start sounding out the rest of this decisions this Thursday! Although she said since the school is closed Friday, there is a chance you might not hear back until early next week.. 

Ahhhhhh this is such exciting news! Thank you for calling them!

8 minutes ago, jage24 said:

So...:

I just checked my ACORN this morning and saw...

INVITED!!!

UoT is my dream school and I am in serious disbelief I got accepted.

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! Hopefully I hear back from them too! Where exactly in ACORN did it show where you have been invited? 

Edited by Erin32796
Structure of sentence

6 minutes ago, jage24 said:

So...:

INVITED!!!

Congratulations, that's amazing! Are you a 1 year or 2 year applicant?

13 minutes ago, jage24 said:

So...:

INVITED!!!

Congrats!!!! That's so amazing!

Thank you for updating - I couldn't figure out how to set up my ACORN so I'll be checking the mail twice a day now LOL

4 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

Does invited for sure mean this??? Mine says invited too...?!?!

If this is the only U of T program you've applied to then there's certainly a very good chance! If you've applied for another U of T program it could also refer to that. 

On 2017-10-21 at 9:17 AM, agentofsocialization said:

Hi everyone,

Best of luck to everyone applying for next year, and especially if you're applying to FIFSW :).

I'm applying to UofT's MSW 2-Year program. I'll probably apply to other schools but my heart is set on getting into UofT, which is making this application process really stressful.

I'm quite confident in regards to my academic history (4.0 GPA in 3.00/4.00 full-time course equivalent; A+ in my statistics class), and have 3 years of research experience (including 2 years of clinical research experience in Psychiatry (1.5 years of paid work; currently still employed there), but I don't have a lot of direct care experience. I've worked closely with Social Workers on research and have handled clinical documentation- but I wish I spent more time in the past couple of years doing more direct volunteer work.

I was wondering if anyone knew if academic requirement hold equivalent weight to experience?

Thanks,

AoS 

Hi, 

Just wanted to wish you good luck with the FIFSW application! I applied for 2018 (still under review... Makes me so nervous), I think their program is the best. 

6 minutes ago, acciojenna said:

If this is the only U of T program you've applied to then there's certainly a very good chance! If you've applied for another U of T program it could also refer to that. 

This was the only one I’ve applied to! I’m shaking I’m so excited but also don’t want to get too excited until I know for sure. Does anyone know how acceptances are sent? Is it only snail mail? 

1 hour ago, mitchae said:

AHHHH this is so frustrating. I was starting to finally settle with the idea that I was for sure not accepted and now there's a glimmer of hope!! I just want the wait to be over!

3 minutes ago, nicoleMSW said:

This was the only one I’ve applied to! I’m shaking I’m so excited but also don’t want to get too excited until I know for sure. Does anyone know how acceptances are sent? Is it only snail mail? 

Then that's definitely a great sign! I applied to an OISE program that I was accepted into so i have no indication!! ahh I want to know

6 minutes ago, danemom said:

AHHHH this is so frustrating. I was starting to finally settle with the idea that I was for sure not accepted and now there's a glimmer of hope!! I just want the wait to be over!

I know! I also accepted that I got rejected.. I just want to know so I can stop holding on to hope ahah