Fall 2018 CANADIAN clinical psychology

ContentFaces

12 minutes ago, stella18 said:

Has anyone heard from Ryerson? 

one of my friends has an informal interview today apparently, but i haven't heard from my POI and her POI is someone else

6 minutes ago, afd1994 said:

@punkwich Hey! Did you hear back through email ? Or was it updated on the online portal?

for Dal? I had an interview last week and I got a very nice email today ultimately telling me that I wouldn't get an offer this round, but maybe next round. Nothing's changed on my online portal. The first admissions committee meeting was Jan 5th so I think all the first round offers are decided

3 minutes ago, punkwich said:

for Dal? I had an interview last week and I got a very nice email today ultimately telling me that I wouldn't get an offer this round, but maybe next round. Nothing's changed on my online portal. The first admissions committee meeting was Jan 5th so I think all the first round offers are decided

Oh I just pm'ed you, feel free to ignore that! Lol, new to this platform. Thanks for your response!

1 hour ago, punkwich said:

one of my friends has an informal interview today apparently, but i haven't heard from my POI and her POI is someone else

Would you mind letting me know who her/your POI's are? I haven't heard anything and I'm slightly freaking out! 

1 hour ago, punkwich said:

Would you mind messaging me the names of your POI and your friends?

55 minutes ago, FluffyPancakes said:

Has anyone received their official interview weekend invite to UBC or UBC Okanagan? O.O

Nope! I heard it would be first or second week of January but at this point I'm getting a bit worried

I had a Skype interview with my POI at Ryerson last week, however did not get an invite for the next interview. From what I gather in the email I got, I am waitlisted for that lab now. A bit bummed out since it was my one of my top choices, but hopefully things will work out elsewhere!

2 minutes ago, brainiac6 said:

I had a Skype interview with my POI at Ryerson last week, however did not get an invite for the next interview. From what I gather in the email I got, I am waitlisted for that lab now. A bit bummed out since it was my one of my top choices, but hopefully things will work out elsewhere!

Would you mind sending me your POI?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, brainiac6 said:

could you also send me your POI if possible?

2 hours ago, brainiac6 said:

Would you mind sending me your POI as well? Thank you!

17 hours ago, ContentFaces said:

Nope! I heard it would be first or second week of January but at this point I'm getting a bit worried

Me too!  I am feeling very anxious that I haven't heard anything unofficially from a POI or officially from the school.:unsure:

4 minutes ago, FluffyPancakes said:

Have many people heard something from their POI about interviews?

I haven't heard much - I"m definitely worried. I know invites for UVic and SFU have gone out so I'm assuming rejection there, if I don't hear from Ryerson this week I'm going to assume rejection, and I'm really hoping for something from Concordia soon because my POI said they'd send things out in 'Early Jan' but I know profs are just getting back to campus still...also waiting on UNB, Manitoba and Calgary but idk possible timelines for those.

I know Lakehead doesn't often do things until Feb so I'm not /yet/ worried about them, lol

This information is from my/my friends' experiences. I could be wrong on some things, but hopefully it's helpful!  

Ryerson varies by POI, but I would expect all invites to be sent by sometime in the second/third week of January. If I recall correctly, faculty have to submit their top 3 choices for the interview day by then. 

I believe Calgary typically sends invites in early-mid January for their open house in February. 

Concordia varies based on POI- certain faculty in the clinical/health area have an official interview day and send invites in early-mid January, but others hold interviews throughout February.

Also, from what I've heard, Concordia, McGill and Ottawa tend to be slower in notifying applicants than most schools.

Edited by hsnl

speaking of concordia, there's now a post on the results page saying someone got an email from their POI yesterday inviting them to interviews on the 25th/26th of January...so I guess emails would be this week?

37 minutes ago, punkwich said:

speaking of concordia, there's now a post on the results page saying someone got an email from their POI yesterday inviting them to interviews on the 25th/26th of January...so I guess emails would be this week?

I'm familiar with their admission process and it's kind of unusual. The interviews on the 25th/26th are most likely only for students applying to work with the small number of professors belonging to the clinical research centre. If you applied to one of these people, I think emails would be this week or next week. Professors in other areas (e.g., developmental, neuro) do interviews on an individual basis and they might not contact applicants until February.

Edited by PsycUndergrad

3 minutes ago, PsycUndergrad said:

I'm familiar with their admission process and it's kind of unusual. The interviews on the 25th/26th are most likely only for students applying to work with the small number of professors belonging to the clinical research centre. If you applied to one of these people, I think emails would be this week or next week. Professors in other areas (e.g., developmental, neuro) do interviews on an individual basis and they might not contact applicants until February.

I did apply to the clinical training track - my POI actually told me about the 25th/26th interviews when I emailed her way back in the fall. So fingers crossed I get an email haha. Thank you though!

3 minutes ago, punkwich said:

I did apply to the clinical training track - my POI actually told me about the 25th/26th interviews when I emailed her way back in the fall. So fingers crossed I get an email haha. Thank you though!

Good luck! I interviewed there last year and was only notified ~10 days beforehand so you still have time! 

I don't think I was very clear in my initial post, but if anyone here applied to the Concordia clinical program with a developmental or neuro supervisor, I wouldn't expect to hear back yet. According to friends who applied, they do interviews much later than the few clinical/health profs.