Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

20 hours ago, Kera1228 said:

Has anyone heard from the following schools?

• ECU
  • UAB-Birmingham
  • Univ. of Memphis
  • Penn State
  • VA Consortium
  • Pitt
  • Univ. NC Charlotte

I am completely freaking out seeing that other people have received invites from other schools

Hey I think I replied to your post over on SDN, but here's the info again.

As far as I know, UAB and ECU have not extended interview invitations. UAB has a notification deadline of Jan 26th listed on CUDCP and interview dates of Feb 11th and 12th.

I haven't heard anything from ECU, but looking at the results archive, they traditionally send later invites for later interviews.

I received an email invite from UNCC.  Interview is Jan 26th.

1 hour ago, sicm18 said:

I have seen a few posters for VCU and U of Arizona and SMU - does anyone know if these programs have extended all of their invites? I have yet to hear anything from them and check my email/portals religiously. Thanks!

Re: Virginia Commonwealth University, I assumed I hadn't gotten an interview, but I received a phone call last night (1/8) inviting me to interview 2/2 or 2/16.  It was from a program assistant, but on behalf of my POI. So, I think invites are still going out!

Has anyone heard from any of the following schools: 

Clark University

Boston University 

University of Massachusetts, Boston

Fairleigh Dickinson University 

University of Pittsburgh 

Edited by psynerd

3 hours ago, goheels said:

Has anyone heard from Pitt or University of South Florida? USF is supposed to have invites extended tomorrow according to that calendar

I just got the invite email from USF, not sure if they did them all at once but it seems like that’s the case

6 hours ago, sicm18 said:

I was contacted by my POI a little over a week ago from Memphis. Just asked a few prelim questions.

Preliminary Questions? So do you have an interview? I emailed my POIs prior to applying and spoke with many of them so I'm still semi worried.

5 hours ago, LFPT03 said:

Yes you did and think you very much. I'm covering all my bases on every site lol.

Hey I think I replied to your post over on SDN, but here's the info again.

As far as I know, UAB and ECU have not extended interview invitations. UAB has a notification deadline of Jan 26th listed on CUDCP and interview dates of Feb 11th and 12th.

I haven't heard anything from ECU, but looking at the results archive, they traditionally send later invites for later interviews.

I received an email invite from UNCC.  Interview is Jan 26th.

3 hours ago, Kera1228 said:

Preliminary Questions? So do you have an interview? I emailed my POIs prior to applying and spoke with many of them so I'm still semi worried.

No official interview yet! They were just clarification questions about fit before they chose who they wanted to extend an official invite to

29 minutes ago, !!psych said:

School: University of Florida

Type: Clinical Psych PhD

Date of invite: 01/10

Type of invite: Email from program director saying I am a "high  alternate for admission". Will follow up in the next few weeks

Interview date(s): Feb 22nd-24th

I got the same email 

In case anyone has applied to University of Maryland (UMD) - College Park. Spoke with the Program Coordinator and she let me know all 1st round invitations have been extended. There is a possible 2nd round of invitations to be sent out mid-late February if you did not receive a 1st round invitation. But as she put it, it's only a potential 2nd round, meaning it's not for sure.

School: Marquette University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/22/17

Type of invite: Mass email, but I had an informal interview with the POI and he extended me an invitation a few days before I received the formal invitation. 

Interview date(s): 1/29, 2/2 or 2/5

School: Palo Alto University

Date of Invite: 12/26/17

Type of Invite: mass email

Interview date: 1/19 and 1/20

School: University of Cincinnati 

Date of Invite: 1/8/18

Type of invite: email from two POIs. Formal email to follow. 

Interview date: 2/23/18

Has anyone heard from UCLA, UMSL, or CUNY graduate center yet? 

School: University of Colorado Colorado Springs

Type: Clinical PhD - trauma track

Date of invite: 12/17/17 and 12/27/17

Type of invite: First, email from POI and fellow prof. for skype interview followed by invite for interview weekend

Interview date(s): 1/26

School: University of Houston

Type: PhD (Clinical, Adult)

Date of invite: 1/9/18

Type of invite: Email from POI, with a phone call made the following day

Interview date(s): 2/9-2/10

School: University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG)

Type: PhD (Clinical)

Date of invite: 1/10/18

Type of invite: Initial phone interview with POI, followed by an email two days later with an invitation to the formal interview days.

Interview date(s): 2/7 or 2/9

5 hours ago, Jung@Heart said:

Looks like people are starting to get interview invites from the University of Houston program. Could anyone whos received an invite DM me their POI please?

Me too please!

51 minutes ago, b_l91 said:

School: University of Houston

Type: PhD (Clinical, Adult)

Date of invite: 1/9/18

Type of invite: Email from POI, with a phone call made the following day

Interview date(s): 2/9-2/10

School: University of North Carolina Greensboro (UNCG)

Type: PhD (Clinical)

Date of invite: 1/10/18

Type of invite: Initial phone interview with POI, followed by an email two days later with an invitation to the formal interview days.

Interview date(s): 2/7 or 2/9

Would you possibly pm me the poi for uncg? Congrats!