Fall 2018 Clinical Psych Interview Invites

psych0

10 minutes ago, Gibs8100 said:

Does anyone know if interview invitations are still being sent out? Or are they done? I havent received any rejection notifications but i’m current in freak out mode!! ???

I believe it varies by school/program, but interview invitations should continue to be sent out through (at least) mid-January.

5 hours ago, Gibs8100 said:

Does anyone know if interview invitations are still being sent out? Or are they done? I havent received any rejection notifications but i’m current in freak out mode!! ???

It depends on your program. If you look through the survey, you'll find that for many programs interview invitations haven't been sent out, in the past few years anyways, until January and even into mid-February (though less common). This is actually the case for most of the programs I applied for. Don't freak out, yet! 

3 hours ago, neuronfire94 said:

School: Stony Brook University

Type: PhD

Date of invite: 12/30/2017

Type of invite: Email from POI

Interview date(s): 1/16-1/17 and 1/17-1/18

If you’re comfortable with it, could you PM me your POI please?

Sorry for positing on two separate threads but I'm confused about where these requests should go! But, to the person who received an informal interview invite from U of Houston, could you please PM me your POI? Thanks! :)

24 minutes ago, appletoapple said:

Cross-posting but: To those who received preliminary phone interviews for Stony Brook and already did it, did the PI extend in-person interviews at the end? Or was there a mention of it? Im sure it varies by PI to PI but seemed like preliminary phone interviews is a must at stony brook, and I wanted to see if there was a trend :) 

I had a phone interview on 12/28, at the end of which the PI said she had a few more people to talk to before making decisions on in-person interviews. I got my official interview invite today.