2018 Acceptances

24 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

I was so confused that I posted in the wrong thread! I switched to French this year, but I was in the Comp Lit batch last year, so I wanted to share here... I got into Rutgers!! For the French Ph.D!! Fellowship and assistantship... !!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!! So happy for you!!!

28 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I just got an acceptance from University of Oregon. They have some great faculty in my field. Feeling really blessed and grateful. 

Congrats!!!

Ok, I've been lurking forever (my apologies)--but now that I see the acceptance at "University of Vanderbilt" I'm getting antsy... Does the person who got accepted to Vanderbilt have info on waitlists? They were my top choice!

Oh, and hello GradCafe and super congrats to everyone already accepted!!

8 minutes ago, lcr_FL said:

Ok, I've been lurking forever (my apologies)--but now that I see the acceptance at "University of Vanderbilt" I'm getting antsy... Does the person who got accepted to Vanderbilt have info on waitlists? They were my top choice!

Okay, I'll own up to a vandy acceptance.

I've got to admit that I typed in "v" and picked the first thing I saw for vanderbilt because i was blinded by glee. 

the email didnt say anything about waitlists and was an unofficial letter from the dept. it says, about formal letters: 'I anticipate that the letters will be generated next week' and 'If you haven't received an email notification by Friday (this stage of the process is somewhat unpredictable), you can check your online application file.'

i except, then, waitlisters will know soon!

22 hours ago, punctilious said:

Thank you! We also have many schools to hear back from but we really like this program, especially because of their material culture track. 

I am really excited about their Race and Ethnicity track :)

40 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

I was so confused that I posted in the wrong thread! I switched to French this year, but I was in the Comp Lit batch last year, so I wanted to share here... I got into Rutgers!! For the French Ph.D!! Fellowship and assistantship... !!!!!!!!

Congratulations! That's awesome!

44 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I just got an acceptance from University of Oregon. They have some great faculty in my field. Feeling really blessed and grateful. 

Congrats! Oregon always seems like such a relaxing state to live in!

5 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

I've got to admit that I typed in "v" and picked the first thing I saw for vanderbilt because i was blinded by glee. 

the email didnt say anything about waitlists and was an unofficial letter from the dept. it says, about formal letters: 'I anticipate that the letters will be generated next week' and 'If you haven't received an email notification by Friday (this stage of the process is somewhat unpredictable), you can check your online application file.'

Congrats!

8 minutes ago, unicornsarereal said:

Thanks, Unicornisreal! And also congrats!

3 minutes ago, more.truly.more.strange said:

I was literally typing up my u chicago rejection on the results board for posterity, when I got an email offer from Indiana Bloomington! 

YAYYYYY that is so awesome, congratulations!!!

14 minutes ago, more.truly.more.strange said:

I was literally typing up my u chicago rejection on the results board for posterity, when I got an email offer from Indiana Bloomington! 

The Universe was listening!!!

Congrats :D:D

1 hour ago, LeeLeeCzechIrish said:

Haha

I see you are from Philly-are you an Eagles fan?? If so, congrats to you as well!! Did my UG there, so really rooting for them!!

I am a fan! I say this because A saying you're not a fan in the city right now is an invitation to a fight and B the city's enthusiasm is contagious. My favorite team is Not-The-Patriots, so this Super Bowl really worked out for me.

1 hour ago, lcr_FL said:

Welcome! And yes, this would be nice to know. I mean, I get they don't want me, but how much do they not want me?

1 hour ago, unicornsarereal said:

Omg! Remember when you were going to call it a rejection like a week ago? It ain't over till it's over! Congrats!! 

Holy crap I missed a lot of good news!! Let's see if I can do this...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO

@Elle Coronaria @punctilious @a_sort_of_fractious_angel @FishNerd @LibraryLivingJT @D13charlie @evanmarie @Yanaka @unicornsarereal @more.truly.more.strange and anyone else I may have missed!!!

Also, I got accepted into University of Wisconsin Milwaukee! Wooo!