2018 Acceptances

33 minutes ago, Wabbajack said:

Holy crap I missed a lot of good news!! Let's see if I can do this...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO

@Elle Coronaria @punctilious @a_sort_of_fractious_angel @FishNerd @LibraryLivingJT @D13charlie @evanmarie @Yanaka @unicornsarereal @more.truly.more.strange and anyone else I may have missed!!!

Also, I got accepted into University of Wisconsin Milwaukee! Wooo!

Congrats to you too, @Wabbajack! This was a very ambitious post! ?

1 hour ago, wnk4242 said:

I've got four acceptances so far: FSU, UIowa, UCincinnati, and UC Merced. My hard work finally paid off. Very happy :)

Out of curiosity, when did you get an acceptance from FSU and what track? I applied there too and they said they wouldn't be notifying until late February 

2 minutes ago, Warelin said:

This week has been very quiet. I expect the majority of programs I'm waiting for will notify around the 15th/16th.

Ahh! #prayforwarelin

34 minutes ago, renea said:

Out of curiosity, when did you get an acceptance from FSU and what track? I applied there too and they said they wouldn't be notifying until late February 

Hi. It's a PhD program in measurement and statistics housed in College of Education. I got my acceptance on 1/26. I know we applied to different programs, but I want you to know that don't give up hope when you see people start getting acceptances from the program you are applying. I visited my POI yesterday and she told me that she's still got a few applications to review. I'm just one of the lucky applicants that got accepted into the program early. My POI at Iowa told me during the interview that they would make a decision by the end of Jan but I didn't hear back from them until today.

Edited by wnk4242

5 minutes ago, Yanaka said:

Ahh! #prayforwarelin

Perhaps Illinois is already the perfect program for @Warelin and the other schools know it too?? :P 

But really, I'd bet some other strong contenders for Warelin's genius will come in over the next week or so!

12 minutes ago, wnk4242 said:

Hi. It's a PhD program in measurement and statistics housed in College of Education. I got my acceptance on 1/26. I know we applied to different programs, but I want you to know that don't give up hope when you see people start getting acceptances from the program you are applying. I visited my POI yesterday and she told me that she's still got a few applications to review. I'm just one of the lucky applicants that got accepted into the program early. 

Ahh, got it. Not necessarily giving up hope, more like the department sent out a mass email earlier this week saying they wouldn't be notifying until late feb, and I was going to be a little peeved. Congrats on the acceptance though!

C

9 minutes ago, mk-8 said:

I just got accepted to Texas Tech! Their visit day is the same as UT- Austin, though. 

Awesome! Congrats! I know this is clearly asking too much, but if I were in charge of any of these programs, I would make a point of not scheduling visit days on the same days as other major institutions in the same state...<_<

12 hours ago, SCS said:

Congrats to those accepted to Pittsburgh! Do you reckon all acceptances have been sent yet?

just based on the admission results survey it seems like people can hear back from pitt all the way through april! 

Thank you @FreakyFoucault @unicornsarereal @Warelin @JustPoesieAlong

5 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Awesome! Congrats! I know this is clearly asking too much, but if I were in charge of any of these programs, I would make a point of not scheduling visit days on the same days as other major institutions in the same state...<_<

Right? I know they're probably competing for similar students, but.... come on......

5 minutes ago, CulturalCriminal said:

That’s awesome! 

Have you been to Lubbock? I have lived in and around both UT and Tech if you want to message me.

I've never been to Texas at all! I'm going to PM you shortly, haha.

Hey everyone! 

LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG-time lurker, but I'm legit losing my mind waiting for results. Anyone have inside info on when NY/CT/PA schools might send out decisions? I've checked the projected dates thread and obsessed through previous-year threads, so I know chances are 3rd week of Feb. Any other inside info on NYU, Fordham, Rutgers, Yale, Princeton, Penn?