2018 Acceptances

I’m in, y’all. Thanks to everyone who coached me through one or two uncharacteristic meltdowns. I’m a tad bit ashamed of my doom & gloom behavior, so I’m not going to specify where. It was my first choice program and I plan to accept. Thanks to all the first rate humans on this forum! ❤️

Edited by Elle Coronaria
Typo

3 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I’m in, y’all. Thanks to everyone who helped coached me through one or two uncharacteristic meltdowns. I’m a tad bit ashamed of my doom & gloom behavior, so I’m not going to specific where. It was my first choice program and I plan to accept. Thanks to all the first rate humans on this forum! ❤️

yayyyyyyyyy congrats :):):) !!!

I’m in, y’all. Thanks to everyone who coached me through one or two uncharacteristic meltdowns. I’m a tad bit ashamed of my doom & gloom behavior, so I’m not going to specific where. It was my first choice program and I plan to accept. Thanks to all the first rate humans on this forum! ❤️

at delaware! congratulations regardless!

4 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

I’m in, y’all. Thanks to everyone who coached me through one or two uncharacteristic meltdowns. I’m a tad bit ashamed of my doom & gloom behavior, so I’m not going to specify where. It was my first choice program and I plan to accept. Thanks to all the first rate humans on this forum! ❤️

Grats

I’m in, y’all. Thanks to everyone who coached me through one or two uncharacteristic meltdowns. I’m a tad bit ashamed of my doom & gloom behavior, so I’m not going to specific where. It was my first choice program and I plan to accept. Thanks to all the first rate humans on this forum! ❤️

No need to apologize for doom and gloom! This is a painful process, and I myself oscillate between extreme hope and bitter despair every half hour. I am so happy to hear you got into your first choice. Congratulations!

Congrats to all the Delaware admits! Not I am staring a my phone like a crazy person. Gonna explain to my boss that I couldn't get any work done on account of continuously staring at the phone haha

3 minutes ago, evanmarie said:

Congrats to all the Delaware admits! Not I am staring a my phone like a crazy person. Gonna explain to my boss that I couldn't get any work done on account of continuously staring at the phone haha

If it helps, I wasn’t a Delaware admit. I got in last week. Chin up! You’ll get in— you just have to sweat it out a little longer. I certainly didn’t have a perfect application, so ANYTHING is possible. 

3 minutes ago, punctilious said:

Husband just sent the emoji signal that means he's on the phone with them!!!! AHHHHH

Somehow I’m already out of reactions for today. Love the dramatic unfolding though! Keep the live updates coming!

10 minutes ago, Elle Coronaria said:

Somehow I’m already out of reactions for today. Love the dramatic unfolding though! Keep the live updates coming!

Unfortunately, it resets 24 hours after each "like" and not at the start of the day. :(

HE'S IN AT DELAWARE! The call from the DGS was super nice. They said he gets to shadow a class in his first year then it's 2-1 teaching (and something about him possibly getting to teach a material culture course?). Stipend is $20k guaranteed for six years with a $4k "top-off" that he could get each year (but that isn't 100% guaranteed). SO EXCITED OMG

Edited by punctilious

5 minutes ago, punctilious said:

HE'S IN AT DELAWARE! The call from the DGS was super nice. They said he gets to shadow a class in his first year then it's 2-1 teaching (and something about him possibly getting to teach a material culture course?). Stipend is $20k guaranteed for six years with a $4k "top-off" that he could get each year (but that isn't 100% guaranteed). SO EXCITED OMG

6 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

GOT THE UDEL CALL!!! 

CONGRATS ALL AROUND!!

5 minutes ago, punctilious said:

YAYAYAYAYAY! Also my cell service cut off twice, eek! She was so nice though. What a day!

4 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

YAYAYAYAYAY! Also my cell service cut off twice, eek! She was so nice though. What a day!

You've got a lot of tough decisions to make! From your understanding, was it a two day visit or you choose one of the two days to visit? The week of March 12 is going to be nuts, as Maryland's visit is on the 14th.

20 minutes ago, punctilious said:

You've got a lot of tough decisions to make! From your understanding, was it a two day visit or you choose one of the two days to visit? The week of March 12 is going to be nuts, as Maryland's visit is on the 14th.

I do! It looked like a 1 1/2 day visit - the 11th and 12th. Buffalo's is the same days so, already .... conflict. Lol.

Edited by a_sort_of_fractious_angel

3 minutes ago, a_sort_of_fractious_angel said:

I do! It looked like a 1 1/2 day visit - the 11th and 12th. Buffalo's is the same days so, already .... conflict. Lol.

Oh man! That's a tough one. Well if you decide to visit Delaware, let us know!

I know I haven't been on here until recently but just thought I would put it out there that my partner got accepted to University of Denver! And I heard back from my POI's yesterday that I am unofficially in! It's such a relief to know we have at least both gotten into one of our school's together.

7 minutes ago, FishNerd said:

I know I haven't been on here until recently but just thought I would put it out there that my partner got accepted to University of Denver! And I heard back from my POI's yesterday that I am unofficially in! It's such a relief to know we have at least both gotten into one of our school's together.

Oh my goodness! So happy for you and your partner!