2014 Applications... waiting room.

BuddingScholar

Welp, there's my Columbia rejection. Not a surprise, but given it was my first choice and I only have one university left to hear from, I'm not holding out much hope of ever getting my PhD now :(

Keep your head up! There's still a chance, but even if you don't get in, there's so much other stuff to do in life.

Just curious, where do you see your status on the Columbia application? I'm expecting to be rejected as well, but I can't find where I would find that information.

Keep your head up! There's still a chance, but even if you don't get in, there's so much other stuff to do in life.

Just curious, where do you see your status on the Columbia application? I'm expecting to be rejected as well, but I can't find where I would find that information.

They emailed me first to tell me to check the website, and on there there was a "Status Update" in a yellow box which I clicked on, took me to the letter.

Well I for one cannot wait for April 15th. I knew I was setting myself up for a lot of rejection letters by applying to 15 odd schools, but damn.

15? Wow... And I thought that I was crazy for applying to 11. ; ) That was a full time job, wasn't it?

Hi guys, and best of luck to you all! I'm kinda new at this whole application process and I was wondering… I see that some of you already received your acceptance notice from the same programs I have applied to. I haven't heard anything yet … does it mean I should expect a rejection? do people get their acceptance letter at the same time more or less?  

Hi guys, and best of luck to you all! I'm kinda new at this whole application process and I was wondering… I see that some of you already received your acceptance notice from the same programs I have applied to. I haven't heard anything yet … does it mean I should expect a rejection? do people get their acceptance letter at the same time more or less?  

Some programs try to announce their acceptees around the same time, but there are programs that spread their decisions over time. If you haven't heard back yet, it could also mean that you were wait listed. Hope you'll get some good news soon! Best of luck.

This whole phd business is so complicated. I've been rejected from 4/7 programs I applied to thus far. Anyone know if they just aren't taking people without a masters degree?

Not that any of this matters now because I just received a job as business manager of a prominent gallery in my city. Next time I apply they can't say no! Haha I might not even do art history after this. The whole system is confusing...can't get a job without a grad degree...can't get in to a grad program without real world experience...

Delaware first round will come by the end of this week, just as an FYI/PSA.

Thanks. Good to know. Speaking of Delaware, does anyone know how their program is perceived or how respected it is? I applied to their program and I was wondering how a masters from there would (assuming I do well) assist me in getting into a good phd program later on.

Thank you.

My parents in law enthusiastically helped us move into our apartment! In fact, we got things done over one weekend and it would've taken us significantly longer on our own. Just have fun. :)

Does anyone know what's going on with Stanford? Someone had posted a while back that they planned to notify by Feb. 1, but it seems strange to me that there are no interviews or acceptances on the results board.