Oh, The Places You'll Go! (Decisions 2018)

On 3/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, lucysnowe said:

Awesome, I'm attending as well! Hopefully I'll get a chance to introduce myself.

On 3/14/2018 at 3:03 PM, agunns said:

Thank you! I'm definitely going to still attend the recruitment day because I've never been to Blooomington and I figured it's a great chance to meet some of the faculty in person. But I figured why wait to accept the offer when I know that I'm going to no matter what!

You both will LOVE it in Bloomington, unless you need big-city-livin'. My partner did his PhD in English (Brit Lit) there many moons ago and we head over a couple times a year to visit with his old friends, go to music festivals, etc. Lovely and supportive community, both at IU and outside of academe in Bloomington. Congrats!

p.s. I applied to IU-Bloomington years ago and didn't get so much as a waitlist spot. Reading your posts makes me wish I'd given it another shot. 

Congratulations to everyone so far on their decisions! At this rate, I’m 90% sure I’m committing to LSU based on the offer they made me. I’m still arranging a visit to campus in the next couple weeks so I can be totally sure, but they’re far and away the best funding I potentially have right now. It’s very nice after all the waiting to at least be mostly certain about what comes next!

On 3/18/2018 at 12:07 AM, Spectacled Spectre said:

Congratulations to everyone so far on their decisions! At this rate, I’m 90% sure I’m committing to LSU based on the offer they made me. I’m still arranging a visit to campus in the next couple weeks so I can be totally sure, but they’re far and away the best funding I potentially have right now. It’s very nice after all the waiting to at least be mostly certain about what comes next!

When did you hear from LSU? It's my last app I'm waiting to hear about and at this point, I just want to know already!

4 hours ago, Cassifrassidy said:

When did you hear from LSU? It's my last app I'm waiting to hear about and at this point, I just want to know already!

They were my second offer, I heard back in February. Sorry I can’t be more help! If it makes you feel better, I’m still waiting to hear from SMU myself.

42 minutes ago, FreakyFoucault said:

Very happy to report that I signed my soul over to Stanford last week! 

Now to learn how to surf... 

Yaaay! So exciting! Congratulations!

I am so pumped to see folks making their decisions and entering the "oh god, gotta move to awesome places now" phase of the process. <3

On 3/17/2018 at 5:30 PM, StarlingFlurry said:

You both will LOVE it in Bloomington, unless you need big-city-livin'. My partner did his PhD in English (Brit Lit) there many moons ago and we head over a couple times a year to visit with his old friends, go to music festivals, etc. Lovely and supportive community, both at IU and outside of academe in Bloomington. Congrats!

p.s. I applied to IU-Bloomington years ago and didn't get so much as a waitlist spot. Reading your posts makes me wish I'd given it another shot. 

That's great to hear! I do really enjoy living in a big city, but don't absolutely need that lifestyle, and I've heard such fantastic things about Bloomington from everyone I've talked to. It's definitely going to a big shift going from a big city to a college town again, but I'm excited!

On 3/20/2018 at 10:08 AM, FreakyFoucault said:

Very happy to report that I signed my soul over to Stanford last week! 

Now to learn how to surf... 

I love picturing a surfing Foucault... being freaky. CONGRATS!!

And congrats to everyone else here too!!

I have officially accepted my offer from Clemson. :D

8 minutes ago, Wabbajack said:

I love picturing a surfing Foucault... being freaky. CONGRATS!!

My preparation currently consists of reading Les mots et les choses and watching old Pauly Shore videos. Gonna be totally tubular brah.

And congrats on Clemson, @Wabbajack!!!

Edited by FreakyFoucault