Oh, The Places You'll Go! (Decisions 2018)

On 4/2/2018 at 10:51 AM, Warelin said:

Denver's a fun city though! I have some friends near Denver that say commuting from Boulder to Denver is easy due to the connecting buslines. Maybe you can find a cheaper city between the two?

The question of commuting is one we're working through right now! The good news is, between the bus lines and the light rail, we're not likely to have to drive if we do live further away. We do like the idea of living fairly close to campus, though. We'll just have to weigh the benefits of both.

1 hour ago, Warelin said:

Officially accepted my offer at Washington University in St. Louis. :)

Congratulations! I'm really happy and excited for you. It certainly sounds like a perfect fit.

7 hours ago, Warelin said:

Officially accepted my offer at Washington University in St. Louis. :)

This is the piece of news I was looking for! Yay! Now good luck on you know what in the meantime:p

12 hours ago, Kilos said:

Congratulations! I'm really happy and excited for you. It certainly sounds like a perfect fit.

Thanks! It really is! I couldn't be more excited. The faculty, program coordinator, staff, students have been nothing short of wonderful.

10 hours ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

Yes! Congrats! They're lucky to have you. 

Thanks. I think I'm the lucky one though. :)

9 hours ago, punctilious said:

YAYYYY so happy for you! Congratulations!!! 

Thanks. I hope that all goes well for you and your husband in Cambridge!

7 hours ago, Yanaka said:

This is the piece of news I was looking for! Yay! Now good luck on you know what in the meantime:p

Ha! I'll need to get (more) ready for that exam soon. 

37 minutes ago, JustPoesieAlong said:

Traveling back from a lovely campus visit, wearing a UNC hoodie! Planning on giving my formal response as soon as I get home!! ?

Ahh! Congratulations! Also, I love the idea of buying the hoodie as a first sign of commitment and wish I'd thought of that. 

I've decided to officially accept Vanderbilt's offer of admission. I just got back from Ole Miss and while the program and people are even better than you can imagine, (seriously, if anyone in the future wants to talk about Patrick Alexander or Cristin Ellis, hit me up) Oxford is not ideal. So I am going to be accepting Vanderbilt's offer and becoming a...I don't actually know what Vanderbilt's mascot is, but it's not a "rebel" so that's a plus.

23 minutes ago, M(allthevowels)H said:

I've decided to officially accept Vanderbilt's offer of admission. I just got back from Ole Miss and while the program and people are even better than you can imagine, (seriously, if anyone in the future wants to talk about Patrick Alexander or Cristin Ellis, hit me up) Oxford is not ideal. So I am going to be accepting Vanderbilt's offer and becoming a...I don't actually know what Vanderbilt's mascot is, but it's not a "rebel" so that's a plus.

Congratulations on your final decision! It's always an exciting time!

"Vanderbilt's intercollegiate athletics teams are nicknamed the Commodores, in honor of the nickname given to Cornelius Vanderbilt."

Belated massive thanks to @Warelin for the kind words, and huge huge huge congrats to @Warelin, @M(allthevowels)H, @Melvillage_Idiot, @bumbleblu, @melian517, @heysickah, and anyone else I missed!!!

35 minutes ago, ClassyBrat420 said:

After a stellar campus visit and a decent funding offer, I officially accepted at Syracuse University's MA in Composition and Rhetorical Studies! Nervous to move up north for two years but excited about the cohort and the faculty.

Omg you got funding?? That's so awesome!

On 4/9/2018 at 9:40 AM, Cassifrassidy said:

Omg you got funding?? That's so awesome!

Yes! It's a work study on the QED Journal of queer worldmaking, and a 60% tuition waiver. I wish it was a full waiver but I decided it was worth it. :)

So excited to post in this thread! I've officially committed to Oregon State's Rhetoric MA :D

I went to visit the area (having never been west of St. Louis), and the faculty and current students were really wonderful. I'm very excited!

1 hour ago, CHAO_O said:

Going to Penn State, accepted the offer after campus visit. signed the lease, took the MA comprehensive exam, getting a new car to move!

Holy cow! Congrats on all the things!

1 hour ago, marisawhy said:

So excited to post in this thread! I've officially committed to Oregon State's Rhetoric MA :D

I went to visit the area (having never been west of St. Louis), and the faculty and current students were really wonderful. I'm very excited!

I know a lot of people who are dying to move to Oregon. Congratulations!

On 4/11/2018 at 11:11 AM, PricklyParoxysm said:

I officially accepted Iowa's offer, after falling completely in love with Iowa City over the weekend. If there are any other future Hawkeyes out there, feel free to message me any time you want.

Congratulations on your decision and having a mascot with a cool name.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:09 AM, ClassyBrat420 said:

After a stellar campus visit and a decent funding offer, I officially accepted at Syracuse University's MA in Composition and Rhetorical Studies! Nervous to move up north for two years but excited about the cohort and the faculty.

Oh, the illusive funded MA! Congrats!