2019 Applicants

2 hours ago, dangermouse said:

it is VERY cool, i love all sorts of horoscope/personality test and this is by far the most obsessive.

you take the test for free here: https://www.9types.com/newtest/and then you can opt in here: https://subscriptions.enneagraminstitute.com/subscribers/create to have your daily email (warning: it might give you a heart attack each morning when you wake up to an email notification, but you quickly become accustomed to the weird time it sends the email so it's not as anxiety-inducing as you might expect!!)

Awesome!! Yeah—I might wait til April 15 the subscribe lol

Just now, Bopie5 said:

My new morning routine:

Check email. See nothing.

Check spam. Nothing.

Check portals. Again nothing.

Shakingly and nervously check GradCafe results page fearing that all the acceptances and waitlists have already gone out.

Rinse. Repeat!

Same.  I've even acquired a new horrible routine of checking my phone in the middle of the night whenever I wake up, which results in more anxiety-ridden sleeplessness.  I'm restless!

15 minutes ago, The Wordsworthian said:

Same.  I've even acquired a new horrible routine of checking my phone in the middle of the night whenever I wake up, which results in more anxiety-ridden sleeplessness.  I'm restless!

it really doesn't help that i live on the opposite side of the world, so i find myself staying up till ungodly hours in the morning just in case an email pops in. 

*Just received an official rejection from Stanford, everyone.* I got an email prompting me to go to the online portal. Not surprised at all, as fit was a real stretch. Best of luck to everyone else ❤️!

1 minute ago, pdh12 said:

@bardie not to twist the knife...but is that the applyweb portal? keep heart, though! You've got a great list there, and I'm something will come through!!

@pdh12 you are the best!! Thank you, I am crossing my fingers. Stanford wasn't my favorite anyway, and I knew I didn't stand much of a chance. Staying positive. 

And yes, it was the applyweb portal. A button popped up that says "view admission decision". 

@bardie True! Stanford was a reach given their cohort size anyway. Not trying to hope on any one specific place to try to avoid disappointment, but Davis posted on their website "Last year we received 124 applications, made 26 offers, and ended up admitting 12 students for Fall 2018," and that gives me some hope, just numbers-wise? 

I have faith in you too! All we need is one acceptance, right?

@pdh12 lol that was my rejection post--always think at least one person should post the form letter so future people can prepare themselves! But truly, I'm sure they get 500+ applicants, for 6-8 spots...wild! And those numerical odds don't even account for fit, or what the adcomms are hoping for that year.

33 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Same for me @bardie. Feeling like I'm going to get the same from Northwestern later today/later this week as a few phone call acceptances have been posted to the board. Blerghhhhhhhhh...

just echoing the blerghhhhhhhh feeling about the northwestern acceptances on the board - the one thing i've most been dreading with every refresh of the results, and there it was. suffering in solidarity!

Just now, amphilanthus said:

just echoing the blerghhhhhhhh feeling about the northwestern acceptances on the board - the one thing i've most been dreading with every refresh of the results, and there it was. suffering in solidarity!

Same here. Northwestern and Michigan were/are kind of the dream, and seeing the Northwestern ones on there this morning made the pit of my stomach drop out. But hey, we're in the same boat! 

1 minute ago, Bopie5 said:

Northwestern and Michigan were/are kind of the dream

I didn't apply to Northwestern but I feel you on Michigan, it is definitely my dream school.  (Although I'm not trying to get my hopes high for any school because you never know what curveballs you'll be thrown.)

4 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

Same here. Northwestern and Michigan were/are kind of the dream, and seeing the Northwestern ones on there this morning made the pit of my stomach drop out. But hey, we're in the same boat! 

yeah, NW was my number one by far for both academic and personal reasons. my karmic punishment for constantly refreshing the boards at work is that i'll definitely be sitting here glazed over and accomplishing nothing all day. what a fun process we've all signed up for!

8 minutes ago, amphilanthus said:

yeah, NW was my number one by far for both academic and personal reasons. my karmic punishment for constantly refreshing the boards at work is that i'll definitely be sitting here glazed over and accomplishing nothing all day. what a fun process we've all signed up for!

Truly the same feeling over here. 

@Bopie5 ugh I have secondhand anxiety just thinking about that! I’ve never in my whole life paid so much attention to phone calls. 

if it’s any comfort to hopeful NW folks - which it may not be because I’m not feeling overly comforted myself - it looks like in 2017 they sent acceptances on the 27th and the 29th, some via phone and some via email. so... don’t abandon hope, unless you already have, in which case I’m still right there with you. ughhhh. 

edit to note that this is exactly how I sound/feel looking way back on the boards

Edited by amphilanthus

I am especially bummed for NW because I felt like it was such a great place for my interests. I made the crucial mistake of picturing life in Evanston and attending there. Ah, oh well. Trust the process, trust the process, trust the process...