5 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

I'm still hoping to hear something today... even if that's unlikely.

Ugh same this is killing me. I can't focus on anything else. 

Didn't you have an interview? How did it go?

4 minutes ago, bardie said:

Ugh same this is killing me. I can't focus on anything else. 

Didn't you have an interview? How did it go?

Nope, not me! That's why I'm so desperate to hear, I want a solid rejection so I can move on! ?

3 minutes ago, placeinspace said:

Nope, not me! That's why I'm so desperate to hear, I want a solid rejection so I can move on! ?

Ugh sorry I keep confusing people. I need faces to connect with events (but I too haven't put up a photo). We can be there for each other when we get rejected. 

Anyway, this is really killing me today. I turned my phone alerts on for my decision email this morning and used the ringtone "suspense" as I kind of cruel personal joke, which I do not recommend...  the suspense is horribly anticlimactic when it's Vitacost reminding you that there are still items in your cart ?

On 1/27/2019 at 7:14 PM, WildeThing said:

I have Boston College, Vanderbilt, Maryland, and Northwestern down for responses this week (also Chicago but having not received an interview request I am taking that one as a loss). I really hope this will be a good week since the following week i only had Rice, who have already notified apparently. The two weeks after that should be the major ones, as all but 1 of the remaining schools should be notifying acceptances over that period.

Did you hear from Maryland this week? Or you have that they are sending  decisions? They’re one that I check OBSESSIVELY since it was due so early...  

1 hour ago, bardie said:

Ugh sorry I keep confusing people. I need faces to connect with events (but I too haven't put up a photo). We can be there for each other when we get rejected. 

Anyway, this is really killing me today. I turned my phone alerts on for my decision email this morning and used the ringtone "suspense" as I kind of cruel personal joke, which I do not recommend...  the suspense is horribly anticlimactic when it's Vitacost reminding you that there are still items in your cart ?

Lol I love using personal jokes to simply torture myself mercilessly in times of hardship ???

11 minutes ago, rachel11nyc said:

Did you hear from Maryland this week? Or you have that they are sending  decisions? They’re one that I check OBSESSIVELY since it was due so early...  

HAve them due for Friday.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:14 PM, WildeThing said:

I have Boston College, Vanderbilt, Maryland, and Northwestern down for responses this week (also Chicago but having not received an interview request I am taking that one as a loss). I really hope this will be a good week since the following week i only had Rice, who have already notified apparently. The two weeks after that should be the major ones, as all but 1 of the remaining schools should be notifying acceptances over that period.

After the Duke rejection, Vanderbilt is next up on my list. Do any of you have an approximation on Baylor's notification? Based on what I've seen they seem to be within the next couple of weeks. 

There's a ton of Northwestern results up (for other programs, not English) which would lead me to believe the closure didn't impact adcomms too much at least?

Edited by placeinspace

1 hour ago, placeinspace said:

There's a ton of Northwestern results up (for other programs, not English) which would lead me to believe the closure didn't impact adcomms too much at least?

I read only those first seven words and almost screamed at work before I read your parenthetical ahahah.

4 minutes ago, Bopie5 said:

I read only those first seven words and almost screamed at work before I read your parenthetical ahahah.

I actually initially posted without that amendment and then immediately was like "nah that's too mean" so I fixed it hahah. Sorry!

I have friends who aren't on gradcafe who are also going through this process. One found out last week that she got into Maryland, though not 100% sure on her program though I think it's English. Another friend just told me he heard from Boston College today with an acceptance. 

Do you guys think we're likely to hear from Berkeley this week? Perhaps the next?

1 hour ago, effietheant said:

I have friends who aren't on gradcafe who are also going through this process. One found out last week that she got into Maryland, though not 100% sure on her program though I think it's English. Another friend just told me he heard from Boston College today with an acceptance. 

So to add to these two implied rejections, I have my first official rejection from Rice. It is what it is.

Given I haven't gotten a WUSTL email from DGS, can I add it to my pile of implied rejections (or at least implied non-acceptances if I'm lucky enough to get a spot on the wait list)?

EDIT: Also, I've seen Cambridge rejections on results board for the MPhil. Does Cambridge not send them all out at once? I know they are on a "rolling admissions" system but I heard from some people that all that means for Cambridge is that they may contact you early if your application really wows them (don't know if that's true or not).

Edited by SomeoneAcceptMe

3 hours ago, kef5 said:

Do you guys think we're likely to hear from Berkeley this week? Perhaps the next?

I sure hope those UCs + Stanford get to work soon! The two I applied to are my top programs!

2 hours ago, WildeThing said:

So to add to these two implied rejections, I have my first official rejection from Rice. It is what it is.

Alas, me too.