Has anyone else heard nothing from any of their schools? I’m a first time applicant, applied to 9 schools, graduated from a top liberal arts school, 3.5 GPA, 158 Quant and Qual and 5AW, 4 years of experience and 3 posters and 1 publication. Wondering if this is pretty typical for a first time applicant! 

Edited by JKPsych

37 minutes ago, JKPsych said:

Has anyone else heard nothing from any of their schools? I’m a first time applicant, applied to 9 schools, graduated from a top liberal arts school, 3.5 GPA, 158 Quant and Qual and 5AW, 4 years of experience and 3 posters and 1 publication. Wondering if this is pretty typical for a first time applicant! 

Given that schools have different timelines, its hard to predict. Its also difficult to determine how competitive you are as an applicant--fit with POI, funding, uni politics, what have you, all factor into grad school decisions. Its a long, arduous process that isn't over until it's over. There is a calendar with the interview weekends if that's any solace: https://teamup.com/ks952632ef38687f3e 

Keep your chin up! :) Good luck!

2 hours ago, JKPsych said:

My first time applying was pretty abysmal - I only ended up getting 1 interview offer. I actually don't recall the number of schools I applied to, but it was very small. I ended up getting rejected in the end. I feel I learned a lot from that cycle to try my best to correct the spots where my application was lacking (particularly in getting more relevant research and clinical experiences) and applied to more schools this time. But that was just my experience - don't panic! ? As another poster said, every school has different timelines. I'm still waiting on hearing from a majority of the schools I applied to, so I'm right there with you. ?

I posted this in another forum as well, but I just saw the poster question in results. I emailed Boston University and they let me know that all invites have been extended

1 minute ago, buckeyepsych said:

Things are really heating up in the Wyoming fandom 

lol I was just reading that. Part of me wants to grab the popcorn, the other part of me wants them to stop having a conversation on the results page >___>

3 hours ago, dancedementia said:

lol I was just reading that. Part of me wants to grab the popcorn, the other part of me wants them to stop having a conversation on the results page >___>

I'm here for the messy-ness.

34 minutes ago, jlmk42 said:

anyone hear back from Umass Boston at all? I emailed the clinical coordinator, but have not heard back :(... Im trying so hard to be patient!! 

Keep me updated if you hear anything! It's been crickets for me, as well. They originally said we would hear back ~sometime~ after the 15th of January but that has long since passed! 

48 minutes ago, honeyrue said:

Keep me updated if you hear anything! It's been crickets for me, as well. They originally said we would hear back ~sometime~ after the 15th of January but that has long since passed! 

UMass Boston sent an email sometime last week saying that if you're invited for an interview you will receive an email or phone call around February 1st

27 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

UMass Boston sent an email sometime last week saying that if you're invited for an interview you will receive an email or phone call around February 1st

Great, thank you! I never got that email so thats a tad worrisome! 

27 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

Thanks for the update! I need to check my spam folder to see where that email may have went. 

6 hours ago, jamesmp said:

Hmmm I have also not gotten this email. Do you mind sharing who the email was from? Was it from L.C. or an automated email? 

5 minutes ago, jamesmp said:

It was from LC. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially given the technical issues that they've been contending with.

Thanks for clarifying! Their new system is giving me so much anxiety..... I got their first mass email about Jan 15th but not this one ahaha. What is going on!!!

2 hours ago, Waiting272 said:

How likely is it to get off the waitlist for interview?? (Achem, Suffolk -- I'm looking at you!) ?

They're waiting to see if others decline the opportunity to interview. Given the crapshoot that application cycles are, I doubt anyone would say no to an interview unless they're REALLY strapped for cash or already got into their top choice. That said, Suffolk's interview is much later so maybe someone will change their mind between now and then. Good luck!!

26 minutes ago, dancedementia said:

They're waiting to see if others decline the opportunity to interview. Given the crapshoot that application cycles are, I doubt anyone would say no to an interview unless they're REALLY strapped for cash or already got into their top choice. That said, Suffolk's interview is much later so maybe someone will change their mind between now and then. Good luck!!

Thanks! I was thinking that too, it's def probably unlikely ppl turn down interviews. But, I will hold onto hope for a little bit. :) Congrats and good luck at your interview there!