1 hour ago, FreudEgg said:

I believe their timeline is end of January/beginning of feb for extending interview invites- according to their admissions office for clinical psych!

I wonder if the gov. shutdown may affect offers/admissions. Depends on how funds for the different tracks are allocated, but I heard through my PI (who’s close/collaborates with PIs there) last week that the civ track may be affected (I didn’t apply that track)

On a slightly related topic- NSF, NIH, etc funds are frozen/people aren’t getting paid. This is something to think about for us wanting to pursue research/gov-funded careers ?

16 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

I wonder if the gov. shutdown may affect offers/admissions. Depends on how funds for the different tracks are allocated, but I heard through my PI (who’s close/collaborates with PIs there) last week that the civ track may be affected (I didn’t apply that track)

On a slightly related topic- NSF, NIH, etc funds are frozen/people aren’t getting paid. This is something to think about for us wanting to pursue research/gov-funded careers ?

I’ve wondered about this too- I applied civilian. I know DOD isn’t affected at this point- but that’s stressful that your PI said that ?. Any more insight? Ugh. I wonder if it’s too late to switch tracks ????

17 hours ago, checkingmyemail said:

I work at a non-profit and we receive most of our funding from the BJP/DOJ and our research funding (related to supporting victims of crime) has been frozen for weeks :( I’m not even a government employee, but I’m about to be furloughed (without backpay). Research is more important than these political games! 

23 minutes ago, humanisticPOV said:

I work at a non-profit and we receive most of our funding from the BJP/DOJ and our research funding (related to supporting victims of crime) has been frozen for weeks :( I’m not even a government employee, but I’m about to be furloughed (without backpay). Research is more important than these political games! 

I'm so sorry you're going through this BS dude.. it sucks so f$%king much! It's unbelievable! I don't see this orange buffoon opening up the government anytime soon, it is so despicable on so many levels.

1 hour ago, FreudEgg said:

I’ve wondered about this too- I applied civilian. I know DOD isn’t affected at this point- but that’s stressful that your PI said that ?. Any more insight? Ugh. I wonder if it’s too late to switch tracks ????

All we can do is wait and see when the Russian agent will decide to re-open the government. I'm almost certain faculty will still process apps/interview civilian track, with hopes that by March all issues regarding funds are sorted out.

I applied to Yeshiva Ferkauf’s PsyD program and I was wondering if anyone attends the school or has at least interviewed there and could tell me some pros and cons that I wouldn’t find from reading their website. I really like the program and am hoping to go, so I’d love to learn more!

On 1/18/2019 at 3:13 PM, FreudEgg said:

I did!! I’m suffering right there with you 

On 1/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, topsailpsych said:

Me too!  I was worried the shut down would impact when we might hear, but it sounds like the Neuroscience program began sending out interview invites recently, so hopefully that means clinical will be soon as well!

I saw someone already got an email! Military track applicant. Getting discouraged. :( 

1 hour ago, Starbrite84 said:

I saw someone already got an email! Military track applicant. Getting discouraged. :( 

That was me.

I’m almost certain they sent out all their invites today, the department finished reviews last week. I know someone (from a different lab than mine) who received an invite today as well (he received an e-mail after me). Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, good luck with the rest of your schools

So I got a call from the POI at Catholic inviting me to an interview which I called to confirm. But I still haven't received follow-up info from the school or the 3rd years (which they said I would) but didn't really give a timeline.

Anybody want to help abate my anxiety?

10 minutes ago, El_Gaucho said:

So I got a call from the POI at Catholic inviting me to an interview which I called to confirm. But I still haven't received follow-up info from the school or the 3rd years (which they said I would) but didn't really give a timeline.

Anybody want to help abate my anxiety?

Wait it out my friend!!!! Heard there was some snow/east coast storms happening ;)

19 hours ago, PsychedforPsych2 said:

Does anyone know when the invitations for Saint Louis University will go out? I know they said late January, but was hoping for something more specific

That was me. In case anyone else was looking for the info, I got an invitation last night. DM me for POI