Does anyone know if URochester sent out a mass email for rejections? I haven't gotten one (yet), but I also haven't heard back from POI or the department for interviews. Also just checked the website and it says my app is still under review. 

Either still under review or they just haven't updated the system yet for the rejection LOL

Edited by Waiting272

7 hours ago, Waiting272 said:

Does anyone know if URochester sent out a mass email for rejections? I haven't gotten one (yet), but I also haven't heard back from POI or the department for interviews. Also just checked the website and it says my app is still under review. 

Either still under review or they just haven't updated the system yet for the rejection LOL

How does that work in general? I haven’t gotten notices/ rejections/ others from schools with apps due from 11/29-12/15. Does that mean they’re holding on to us as second choices or they haven’t gotten around to rejections? ( My other schools had later deadlines 01/01-01/5 so there’s still time to see. But those early schools I feel like must have rejected me it’s been so long!)

4 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

Any updates from GW? It looks like their interview invite deadline is today- but I haven’t seen any posts on the board/ results board about interviews yet. 

I’m totally calm. It’s all fine. ?

Also freaking out :(

10 minutes ago, FreudEgg said:

Any updates from GW? It looks like their interview invite deadline is today- but I haven’t seen any posts on the board/ results board about interviews yet. 

I’m totally calm. It’s all fine. ?

They are listed on the calendar twice - today and Friday. 

5 minutes ago, buckeyepsych said:

They are listed on the calendar twice - today and Friday. 

I also wouldn't trust the calendar completely! It says that Pitt's interview notification deadline is next Friday, January 18 but on their website they say January 21. 

2 minutes ago, hopefulgrad2019 said:

I also wouldn't trust the calendar completely! It says that Pitt's interview notification deadline is next Friday, January 18 but on their website they say January 21. 

Agreed - my point was more so that it is definitely not cause for concern if no one hears today

1 hour ago, PsychWannabee said:

Has anyone heard from SDSU/UCSD JDP? I know they sent invites out toward the end of January last year, but their interview date is earlier this year and in a little over a month.

I applied and have not heard from them. The southern CA schools all notified towards the end of January the last few years and seem to be notorious for inviting only 2 weeks or so before the interview... I did read somewhere that someone got a rejection from SDSU/UCSD JDP, no other details. I'm right there with you, hang tight :) 

On 1/7/2019 at 10:40 PM, AlexandraF said:

How does that work in general? I haven’t gotten notices/ rejections/ others from schools with apps due from 11/29-12/15. Does that mean they’re holding on to us as second choices or they haven’t gotten around to rejections? ( My other schools had later deadlines 01/01-01/5 so there’s still time to see. But those early schools I feel like must have rejected me it’s been so long!)

There is a chance you will just never hear anything (I have experienced this before) but many programs will send some sort of rejection via email or mail at some point after they have interviewed applicants, extended offers, and finalized their incoming class. So, that could mean rejections are likely to not be sent until after the April 15th decision date, or the Monday after the 15th if the 15th falls on a weekend. A clinical psych interviewee offered admission at any point usually has through April 15th to accept or reject the offer, this date is set by APA and CUDCP. An applicant who did not interview may also eventually just get an email that says "check your status in the application system," this will usually mean rejection. I applied to a program before and heard absolutely nothing from them, I was not invited to interview, and then out of the blue in June, I received a rejection in the mail. Keep in mind, many programs do not send any type of rejection until after their on campus interview day(s). This is because people could decline the interview invitation and the school may need to dip back into the applicant pool to send additional invites - especially if they didn't craft an alternate list while reviewing applicants and creating an interview invitation list.

Applicants that do interview tend to get their status within a few weeks of the interview (alternate, rejected etc.).

It is fairly typical for clinical psych PhD program interview invitations to go out through late January/early February as some programs will not interview until March (i.e., Washington State University's interview date is March 1 this year) so don't lose faith yet, there is still quite a bit of time! In the past, the latest I have received an invitation to interview is the first full week of February and I have a few friends currently in programs that have said the same. I would say if you don't hear anything by February 8th this year, that means you are no longer being considered for the program. If it is a program that interviews late in March then they may send invites out mid to late February but I don't think it is common for clinical psych PhD programs to hold interviews beyond the 1st or 2nd weekend of March.

I know this is a really long post but I hope it was helpful for you @AlexandraF?

Guest Clickingrefresh
14 minutes ago, checkingmyemail said:

Watching the Houston invites come through like............ 

57EA2849-E9EC-4B97-BC5B-CB74DD3CB3A7.jpeg

SAME! If any of the poster's wanna DM me their POI that would be soooo cool because ya girl is *stressed* 

Hey everyone, I'm a current Phd student and wanted to send good luck your way with your applications this season. I went through this process three times and on the third try I was finally accepted into a Phd program. Congrats to all of you who are accepted and to those that aren't I have a video of my story and tips for next time here https://youtu.be/F9yxwWgQ71g

Again good luck everyone and well wishes into your journey :).

Jess

I'm starting to see results roll in from my top choice program and I haven't heard anything back! It's making me so anxious even though I know their interview deadline isn't for another week and a half; I just want to hear something even if it's a rejection at this point!