When Schools Released Earlier Last Year

stressedugrad

UW BioE is Killing Me: Last year they released at the beginning of this week and I'm losing my mind... please feel free to pterodactyl scream in the comments about any schools which are "behind" in comparison to last year

UGHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAFHAHAUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

20 minutes ago, stressedugrad said:

Is this not the place to express all the stresses? Just gettin it out my dude so I dont annoy my friends lol

I agree completely. This is the place to vent all those frustrations, can't talk too much about this stuff to friends and family!

13 minutes ago, Anxiously Hopeful said:

Well, in my case, when I see the results page on gradcafe, I realize that all the schools offering admission to the program of my choice and to which I didn't apply to are responding. This is so frustrating ?.

Agh exactly! I just want to know, sigh, and most of my friends' programs have already released so it feels like limbo to me

On 1/26/2019 at 1:39 PM, NK Advocate said:

If they don't understand, make a better job of explaining, bring in more tangible examples of what you are going through.

Relax. He’s just posting his thoughts on an anonymous message board while he waits for results, just like everyone else is doing. It doesn’t require therapy or an intervention with family members.

On 1/25/2019 at 9:13 PM, stressedugrad said:

UW BioE is Killing Me: Last year they released at the beginning of this week and I'm losing my mind... please feel free to pterodactyl scream in the comments about any schools which are "behind" in comparison to last year

yes! Purdue chem was only a day behind this year  (naturally I didn't get an acceptance) and I still freaked. Some of my other schools don't even have acceptance timeline trends which makes it even more nerve racking. 

Edited by crackademik

The thing with me is I applied quite late. just two weeks ago! So even if they sent acceptances last year this time, then I guess I should still not worry too much but HOW CAN'T I???  

Uggghh, just tell me already and put me out of my misery. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:13 PM, stressedugrad said:

Hello there fellow MSE/BME/BioE applicant, I feel your pain as well! I really really really really want to hear back from UW BioE already! Like, commmme oonnnn, just reject me already! It’s fine if you hurt my feels, just pull off the band-aid so I can go ahead and eat my ice cream and cry it out. 

Also, there is nothing wrong with talking to strangers on the internet. I mean, there are scenarios in which it is obviously bad, but this is not one of those time. I feel like you all understand me better than my family and friends sometimes (although I do have some friends who applied or are in PhD programs right now, but you know what I mean). Some of family don’t even know what MSE means and they are probably tired of me talking about grad school apps, complaining about waiting, contemplating every option I may have after all results are out, etc, so it’s nice to find some fellow materials sciencist as well just fellow PhD applicant (aka waiting period suffers). I hope we hear from UW soon! 

Edited by Moods

15 hours ago, Moods said:

Hello there fellow MSE/BME/BioE applicant, I feel your pain as well! I really really really really want to hear back from UW BioE already! Like, commmme oonnnn, just reject me already! It’s fine if you hurt my feels, just pull off the band-aid so I can go ahead and eat my ice cream and cry it out. 

... I hope we hear from UW soon! 

A WHOLE MOOD! ugh. they're now a full week or so later and im just ugh. I'd rather know im rejected that wait in limbo *sigh* most of my schools apart from UW and (hopefully) upcoming UCSB dont have solid trends either, so Im feeling the limbo grind rip

45 minutes ago, kendalldinniene said:

Ohio State notified me I was waitlisted last year on the 29th; this year the acceptances have gone out but nothing about waitlists/rejections yet.  I know it's only a couple of days but uuugggghhhhhhhh just tell me already, OSU!

Irrelevant but I'm also applying to Loyola! 

Feeling the same about bioengineering programs this year. I don't know if programs are running behind, or if I really should just give up hope on any more interviews. With each day the silence is more and more painful :( I know it's bad to correlate self-worth with admissions for anything, but it's hard. February doesn't feel good since it seems like most interview weekends are during this month... and it's worse not being able to trust last year's results anymore

Yes, this is real annoying.. 

I had planned my exit from my job by end of this month hoping for a couple of results at the very least.. Either way I have to re-think everything and start life afresh. This is just delaying that process, causing a lot of unbearable anxiety.

On 1/25/2019 at 8:53 PM, scthorne said:

I agree completely. This is the place to vent all those frustrations, can't talk too much about this stuff to friends and family!

This. I talked about my worry to my girlfriend and all she said was, "you are making such a big fuss for nothing."

Now I decided just to stay quiet.