Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

On 11/24/2019 at 9:29 PM, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

Yes. I’m in a similar boat. Luckily it’s my 4th reference on 4 apps. I’m not sure if I will need to remove the recommender to make these register complete. It’s my strongest recommendation as well so I hope it gets submitted. I sent reminders today. 

Only 1 left to go & it isn’t due till the 15th so I can relax this weekend!!!

4 hours ago, Schy said:

just casually complaining about all the money spent during this application season. ),: 27 dollars to send additional score reports????? 10 dollars to send transcripts from my undergraduate university????? Application fees???????????

I understand the 'reason' behind all of these, but it doesn't make it less sucky LMAO 

And right before the holidays ?

Not to mention travel expenses for any interviews we get!

44 minutes ago, justacigar said:

And right before the holidays ?

Not to mention travel expenses for any interviews we get!

Last year I could drive to my one interview I didn’t even think about travel expenses! I always assumed they flew you out ??

1 hour ago, Schy said:

Last year I could drive to my one interview I didn’t even think about travel expenses! I always assumed they flew you out ??

Unfortunately, I think it's pretty rare for clinical programs to reimburse for travel costs. They do typically offer a graduate student's house for accommodations to cut back on lodging expenses!

And then you have to do this whole process again for internships ? yayyyy lol

38 minutes ago, justacigar said:

Unfortunately, I think it's pretty rare for clinical programs to reimburse for travel costs. They do typically offer a graduate student's house for accommodations to cut back on lodging expenses!

And then you have to do this whole process again for internships ? yayyyy lol

The R1 I interviewed at last year booked all the flights the people interviewing, and provided a hotel room for those uncomfortable staying with grad students. I can't speak to whether that's the norm though. 

Some of my recommenders have done the recommendations and the system is not registering their upload and truly it is giving me more anxiety than I need right now

10 hours ago, MaybeMaybe2020 said:

The R1 I interviewed at last year booked all the flights the people interviewing, and provided a hotel room for those uncomfortable staying with grad students. I can't speak to whether that's the norm though. 

In general, that’s the norm for large R1 research programs generating a lot of research grant money across all disciplines, though that’s a bit of a rarity for doctoral psychology programs.

13 hours ago, MaybeMaybe2020 said:

What school was this?

On 11/26/2019 at 8:21 AM, MaybeMaybe2020 said:

Just saw on the results page that two people received interview offers from the University of Georgia. Anyone here have any information on that?

Mine was email from PI

Okay, so I applied to Auburn. I sent my transcripts on 10/28 and my application on 11/25. I'm now seeing that the website says it can take 14 days to pair a transcript with an application. My transcripts are showing as incomplete and Auburn requires official transcripts. I also do not know if I had them go to the right place, and it is a holiday so all of the schools are closed. Yikes. 

11 minutes ago, Psych1st said:

Okay, so I applied to Auburn. I sent my transcripts on 10/28 and my application on 11/25. I'm now seeing that the website says it can take 14 days to pair a transcript with an application. My transcripts are showing as incomplete and Auburn requires official transcripts. I also do not know if I had them go to the right place, and it is a holiday so all of the schools are closed. Yikes. 

I have also had big problems with Auburn and had to call them and I was told they will review the unofficial if the official is not yet in. 

1 minute ago, Macykid said:

I have also had big problems with Auburn and had to call them and I was told they will review the unofficial if the official is not yet in. 

The told me not to worry about submitting unofficial so I don't think that I even included those in my application.. so I don't even have that to rely on ?

Just now, Psych1st said:

The told me not to worry about submitting unofficial so I don't think that I even included those in my application.. so I don't even have that to rely on ?

You should still be able to upload them on the website though. If not send them to the graduate coordinator

Anyone have a problem with UMass Boston (PhD) not marking the Psychology Subject test as complete/received? I sent the subject test, along with the general test, to the school's code over a month ago. They have my general scores marked as received, but not the subject test scores. I know these sent, so am not sure what to do.

Also, does anyone know what's up with the "GPA Summary" portion of the applicant status portal for UMass Boston? Do they need to verify our self-reported GPA with transcripts? This portion of my application is also marked as "not received" although they have my transcript and I completed all the GPA info within the application. They sent me a concerning email this evening about not having all of my materials, though I can't see why they wouldn't have either of these.

11 hours ago, fixology said:

Anyone have a problem with UMass Boston (PhD) not marking the Psychology Subject test as complete/received? I sent the subject test, along with the general test, to the school's code over a month ago. They have my general scores marked as received, but not the subject test scores. I know these sent, so am not sure what to do.

Also, does anyone know what's up with the "GPA Summary" portion of the applicant status portal for UMass Boston? Do they need to verify our self-reported GPA with transcripts? This portion of my application is also marked as "not received" although they have my transcript and I completed all the GPA info within the application. They sent me a concerning email this evening about not having all of my materials, though I can't see why they wouldn't have either of these.

I had a few issues like this with various schools! I just emailed the graduate program and they always fixed it for me right away! 

11 hours ago, fixology said:

It’s a very confusing app. Mine finally completed after numerous emails. Had to send transcripts a few times. 

13 hours ago, fixology said:

My application status is also incomplete, even though I already sent them my official transcripts for both Masters and undergrad some time ago, those are both marked "initiated" and not "complete". Also I know for a fact all of my recommenders submitted their letters, but one is "initiated" (two were yesterday, and one changed to "complete" overnight). Hope they don't hold it against me that it's taking a long time for my materials to be linked to my app :(.

1 hour ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

It’s a very confusing app. Mine finally completed after numerous emails. Had to send transcripts a few times. 

Did they email you that they had not received your transcripts? I haven't gotten an email saying anything is missing, but they are still saying that my transcripts are "initiated" rater than "complete". I even called my undergrad to ask if they had mailed them and they had...

1 hour ago, Ppkitty said:

My application status is also incomplete, even though I already sent them my official transcripts for both Masters and undergrad some time ago, those are both marked "initiated" and not "complete". Also I know for a fact all of my recommenders submitted their letters, but one is "initiated" (two were yesterday, and one changed to "complete" overnight). Hope they don't hold it against me that it's taking a long time for my materials to be linked to my app :(.

2 hours ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

3 hours ago, Schy said:

I had a few issues like this with various schools! I just emailed the graduate program and they always fixed it for me right away! 

You would think they'd want this process to be intuitive, haha. I did receive a bcc list email a few days ago from the assistant director of the program asking us not to email if it appears our applications are complete, since the applications take "a long time to process." She did directly say that "if we are looking for anything in your folder, someone from the Clinical Program will contact you" so hopefully that's the case! ?

3 hours ago, Ppkitty said:

Did they email you that they had not received your transcripts? I haven't gotten an email saying anything is missing, but they are still saying that my transcripts are "initiated" rater than "complete". I even called my undergrad to ask if they had mailed them and they had...

I received numerous emails from them & long delays on responses to my emails. I would say it took over 6 weeks from my submission of the app to completion.