Fall 2020 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

2 hours ago, psytillidie said:

None of my letter writers have submitted their letters for me and the deadline is tomorrow... I have to laugh.

Don't worry, I'm sure it's still on their radar! They would've never gotten their PhDs without meeting deadlines. I completely understand how stressed you must be feeling right now, but just think how relieved you'll be when everything is in and you don't have to worry about applications anymore! 

1 hour ago, psy2020 said:

Anyone else having problems with PSYCAS right now? It's not letting me log in! ugh!!

I just tried to log in and the site is moving super slow, haven't been able to log in either. I have a feeling the site is overloaded right now with traffic.

Hey there everyone! 

I fell into the trap of making my personal statement "perfect" and couldn't bring myself to submit apps sooner. I plan on finalizing everything tomorrow.

However, I just re-noticed that UIndy asks for a document upload of your gre scores. I've sent my official scores via ets, which I confirmed have been received, but I'm confused what I should be uploading. This is when waiting until the last minute breaks down, and I cant call lol

If anyone knows and could fill me in it would be greatly appreciated!

6 minutes ago, bruno516 said:

Hey there everyone! 

I fell into the trap of making my personal statement "perfect" and couldn't bring myself to submit apps sooner. I plan on finalizing everything tomorrow.

However, I just re-noticed that UIndy asks for a document upload of your gre scores. I've sent my official scores via ets, which I confirmed have been received, but I'm confused what I should be uploading. This is when waiting until the last minute breaks down, and I cant call lol

If anyone knows and could fill me in it would be greatly appreciated!

You can download a pdf report of your scores! I'm almost positive this is what they mean. When you're on ETS and you're looking at your scores it should be in the upper right hand corner. It's a blue button with white lettering! 

When you download it you may or may not run into a problem where it's a secure pdf. When that happened to me I just googled how to unlock it so that I could submit it! 

1 minute ago, Schy said:

You can download a pdf report of your scores! I'm almost positive this is what they mean. When you're on ETS and you're looking at your scores it should be in the upper right hand corner. It's a blue button with white lettering! 

When you download it you may or may not run into a problem where it's a secure pdf. When that happened to me I just googled how to unlock it so that I could submit it! 

You're a rockstar! thanks! 

So...

I added 4 recommenders for a school that requires 3, and the 4th hasn't submitted theirs yet.

Would you folks recommend I remove them as a recommender?

It is one of my strongest, but I've exhausted my options with reminders, and re-submitting invites.

5 hours ago, MuRhythms said:

So...

I added 4 recommenders for a school that requires 3, and the 4th hasn't submitted theirs yet.

Would you folks recommend I remove them as a recommender?

It is one of my strongest, but I've exhausted my options with reminders, and re-submitting invites.

Which school is this? I had this issue but the status still registered as complete so I didn’t remove the recommender & they did end up submitting.  

1 hour ago, 2ndTimeHopeful said:

Which school is this? I had this issue but the status still registered as complete so I didn’t remove the recommender & they did end up submitting.  

UTSouthwestern, and unfortunately it indicates my application as incomplete because of it.

Technically there is still 14 hours to go, so *fingers-crossed*

33 minutes ago, MuRhythms said:

UTSouthwestern, and unfortunately it indicates my application as incomplete because of it.

Technically there is still 14 hours to go, so *fingers-crossed*

Maybe wait till 11 & then remove the request 

Is anyone here applying to East Tennessee State? I finished my app a while ago for them and have been waiting for my info to update on the app. page. Currently it shows all my LORs are in - but they don't have my GRE scores, Personal Statement, CV, transcripts.... All of which I submitted in my application... I tried emailing them on Monday but no one responded. Freaking out right now!!! 

15 hours ago, justacigar said:

I'm in the same boat. I don't know how many more reminders I can send. Just crossing my fingers that they submit tomorrow!

Two of mine didn't write theirs until yesterday afternoon. I just checked this morning, and everything is in for my applications- whew!

How's it going for yours?

47 minutes ago, PsyZei said:

Two of mine didn't write theirs until yesterday afternoon. I just checked this morning, and everything is in for my applications- whew!

How's it going for yours?

Nice! I bet it feels fantastic to have those done. Does that mean your applications are now complete?!

I heard from one last night that she would be submitting today, and the other hasn't really given me an ETA. I'm going to send her another friendly email around noon if I still don't see anything! It sucks because she is my most "big-name" recommender. But, that also means she's probably done this a lot. Just gotta have faith. 

3 minutes ago, ekilgallon said:

I just submitted my last application to my top school... how long should I be prepared to wait to hear about getting an interview or not?

If you look on here there's a page for results. You can check out when people found out last year and then consider it around that time. I've been looking for all my schools so I have an idea and am not too anxious when it's tomorrow and I haven't heard ??

1 hour ago, ekilgallon said:

I just submitted my last application to my top school... how long should I be prepared to wait to hear about getting an interview or not?

Anywhere from a few weeks to 1.5-2 months. It's a long-game.

Trying not to panic. I submitted my app to Kent State yesterday and the app states it's missing my GRE scores though I sent them back in May when I took it. I hope it won't be considered late because it took a while to connect my GRE scores with my app. Should I email admissions about the issue? 

1 hour ago, Shutterbug21 said:

Trying not to panic. I submitted my app to Kent State yesterday and the app states it's missing my GRE scores though I sent them back in May when I took it. I hope it won't be considered late because it took a while to connect my GRE scores with my app. Should I email admissions about the issue? 

My applications all had a note somewhere that said "it could take 1 - 2 weeks to successfully update your application with official transcripts/GRE reports/etc." so I wouldn't worry. 

16 hours ago, Shutterbug21 said:

The same thing happened on my applications, so I emailed one of the program coordinators and they said that its now been updated. I think it may be that all this stuff updates once payment for the application goes through or something.