2020 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admission Results

Neuromantic

40 minutes ago, tbk86 said:

I am an international student and I applied for Brown Neuroscience.Can you share your academic profile.I have not received an interview invitation.

I prefer not to disclose info which may personally identify me beyond what has been already.

Has anyone heard from the Albert Einstein neuroscience program? I saw a couple of postings on the results page, but they just mention Biomedical Sciences. 

Edited by mmalam294

I am an international student and I just received an interview invite from my dream school. However, they cannot reimburse international plane tickets, and the alternative is to conduct the interviews online. Will online interviews put me in disadvantage? The price for tickets is not super scary so I can potentially pay for it myself (they would reimburse some). Thanks for anyone answering!

Just now, jin3li3 said:

I am an international student and I just received an interview invite from my dream school. However, they cannot reimburse international plane tickets, and the alternative is to conduct the interviews online. Will online interviews put me in disadvantage? The price for tickets is not super scary so I can potentially pay for it myself (they would reimburse some). Thanks for anyone answering!

This is a little complicated, but just want to add- my other interviews cannot share the cost

2 hours ago, jin3li3 said:

Just my two cents - I don't think it would put you into any disadvantage for admission since you already made it to the interview (Congrats!). But I think if it's possible, visiting the school and the city before matriculating is pretty necessary. After all, you have to live and work there for at least 5 yrs.

For interviews in Feb, is there anyone going to both UCSD and UC Berkeley? The dates are quite close (UCSD 2/18 ~ 2/21, UC Berkeley 2/23 ~ 2/25), and I am planning to attend these two in a row. And if anyone else has the same plan please PM me and maybe we can arrange it together. 

10 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Does anyone have news about NYU invites? I saw a few post about it, but it seemed like not many did. I’m wondering if there may be another round of emails in the new year? 

Do you have any idea if the NYU BBS/Neuroscience track sent its invites especially for international students?

38 minutes ago, NeuroKween said:

Does anyone have news about NYU invites? I saw a few post about it, but it seemed like not many did. I’m wondering if there may be another round of emails in the new year? 

I didn't post but also got an invite at the same time--the deadline to accept the interview is December 31st, so my guess is a new round if any would come after that! This is for Neural Science.

27 minutes ago, MyelinatedSheath said:

Did brown-NIH interviews go out from the program, or POI? definitely a top choice of mine, haven’t heard anything 

I got one this morning.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read it properly. From the program. But I had been in contact with the program coordinator, so a POI is CC'd.

Edited by Fruit Flies

3 hours ago, Fruit Flies said:

Thanks! I was freaking out for a second haha. Did you get invited for both? Do you think it will be awkward interviewing for both at the same time?

I interviewed for one of them in the past. It's not awkward - everyone knows both programs exist and is super nice/treats everyone the same.

2 hours ago, gradcafeneurosis said:

Has anyone gotten an official email from MIT yet?

nope, don't worry!

I was told their interview weekend is Mar 12th and 13th, so maybe their official email will come a bit later?

Edited by t_lulu

I have interviews for Rutgers (Jan 17th) and Uni of Cincinnati (Jan 31st). I have yet to hear anything from UCLA, UCI, Brandeis, OSU, and Case Western (Any update on info being sent out about these five would be highly appreicated).

GPA: 3.7

Uni: Division 3 small Uni (My Neuroscience class size is ~10 lol)

Research: 3 Years

Summer: 2 summers of research (one at Rutgers Medical School)

Pub: 2 soon to be published

Present: 3 times (one only author at SfN Main Floor)

Thanks for the info everyone!