2020 Canadian SLP Thread

3 hours ago, m.gaut said:

Hi!

Congratulations!! Did you reply to the first acceptance email they had sent on Monday? Or send them updated transcripts or anything like that? I received the acceptance email on Monday but not the follow up that you received!

Thanks! 

Hey, not sure about that person but for me personally I never responded to the first acceptance email I received Monday at all but I also received the follow up today! Now when I check my portal the status has changed to "decision" instead of pre-screening so I'm able to accept or decline.

I also received the official follow up from U of A today regarding acceptance! So it shows in my portal now the ability to accept or decline, and shows "Decision" instead of "pre-screening".

4 hours ago, m.gaut said:

Hi!

Congratulations!! Did you reply to the first acceptance email they had sent on Monday? Or send them updated transcripts or anything like that? I received the acceptance email on Monday but not the follow up that you received!

Thanks! 

I didn't actually reply to the email on Monday or have to update transcripts. But that first letter is pretty solid if you ask me, I'm sure the FGSR will be sending out another wave of official offers very soon. And congratulations to you too! 

Cheers

15 minutes ago, slpthings said:

Any news from McGill today from anyone? Does anyone know if they send out offers in waves? 

Last year they called over two days but there were tons more people posting in the forum that they were accepted. Hasn’t been many... either they called people who aren’t on here or they are not done yet

On 3/10/2020 at 10:46 PM, soontobslp said:

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted to UofA & good luck to everyone who’s still waiting to hear back! If anyone is interested in making a facebook group for those who got into UofA message me! ?

i'm interested

57 minutes ago, Cjspeechie said:

Got the admissions offer from U of A on Friday morning! Can't wait till fall! 

Was this the first time you heard from them or the official offer? 

10 hours ago, slpthings said:

Was this the first time you heard from them or the official offer? 

This was the first time I had heard. I didn't receive an email prior like some people had said they did. I just got one email saying to check the portal and the page had changed from pre-screening to decision and in there was the letter from the dean.

2 hours ago, Cjspeechie said:

This was the first time I had heard. I didn't receive an email prior like some people had said they did. I just got one email saying to check the portal and the page had changed from pre-screening to decision and in there was the letter from the dean.

Congratulations!!! 

Hello everyone, congrats on everyone who have received their acceptances at this point.

I got the call from McGill earlier this week... I think I'll have a hard time deciding between McGill and UofT.

Can someone please help me make a list of pros and cons between McGill and UofT?

11 hours ago, tazm said:

If we haven’t heard back from McGill at this point , does that mean we didn’t get in ? 

Last year, it seems like people started getting notified about being waitlisted and/or rejected the following Monday. I guess we should know forsure by today or sometime this week. 

1 hour ago, tulipz said:

does anyone else who got accepted to U of A still have no update/official offer in their portal? 

I’m still waiting for my portal to update. Mine still says prescreening, but now there’s an offer response due date that wasn’t there before 

4 hours ago, tulipz said:

does anyone else who got accepted to U of A still have no update/official offer in their portal? 

I am still waiting for an official letter and an updated portal as well! 

I just checked my email and I got an offer of admission from McGill! It was sent about an hour ago. So for anyone who hasn't heard yet, it seems like there is still hope. I was really not expecting it at this point, and also was not expecting an email haha, since so far other people have been getting called. Best of luck to everyone out there who is waiting! 

Just now, c.bee94 said:

I just checked my email and I got an offer of admission from McGill! It was sent about an hour ago. So for anyone who hasn't heard yet, it seems like there is still hope. I was really not expecting it at this point, and also was not expecting an email haha, since so far other people have been getting called. Best of luck to everyone out there who is waiting! 

Congratulations! 

9 minutes ago, c.bee94 said:

Congratulations :) 

did your status change on the portal? 

1 hour ago, c.bee94 said:

I did too!! I’m in shock?!?! Congratulations!! Sending everyone good luck vibes!