DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021

Nikita Kamboj

1 hour ago, aliomer said:

Hi Reem,

I did Forestry in University of Khartoum. 

I am enrolled PhD student in university of Konstanz already. 

All the best 

Then; your chance I believe is stronger.

I am applying from Sudan ,have master in Clinical pharmacy.

Good luck .

11 hours ago, Wilbert ST34 said:

Is everyone also concern that the results might be affected by the health risks cause by COVID-19?

They might turn down qualified applicants situated in highly affected countries.

Just my thought right now...

Wilbert

Yeah that thought has also crossed my mind - the cases keep rising everyday - especially throughout Europe. Let's hope and see how things pan out.

9 hours ago, Hakob said:

By the way, anyone from Caucasus and Central Asia region with any news? Will we get response again in mid April?((

Nothing so far. Dates haven't changed and the application status is still "application submitted". My local office said that we'd get results in late April or May. 

I am from Caucasus region.

Guys, 

I am wondering about the policy "Extension of the scholarship" under the conditions sent along with the letter of award. if you received already your letter of award, can you confirm if they state that the scholarship cannot be extended beyond the duration of the course? I also saw that there is an extraordinary extension policy. 

Thanks, 

Edited by Daniagudelog

2 hours ago, UselessSimo said:

Dear all,

Anybody uploaded the insurance document? If yes, did you sign by hand or automatic signature?

Thank you in advance.

Simo

I haven’t done it, but if I were you just to be sure you could take a photo of your signature and copy and paste it into the document if it’s a PDF, or sign and scan. Some places can be rightfully not ok with you just typing your full name out. 

On 3/9/2020 at 8:26 AM, riel said:

Hi Wilbert! Let me know if you get the scholarship. I’ve started my PhD in GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research in Kiel last year. Last year, 2 lang kami from Pinas who got the scholarship for doctoral programmes in Germany. I’m wondering why wala kayong interview this year? 

Hi Riel,

Read your message just now. Yes, i will keep in touch with you once i got the scholarship, finger-crossed.

I wonder if during your time, you two, were the only applicants in PH? Cause in 2018 DAAD report, there were about 14 applicants for PhD from Pinas who got the scholarship.

And yes, we don't have interview. I don't know why. You had yours? Who interviewed you back then?

Also, i'm quite concern with the corona outbreak, is everything fine in Germany? I mean, provided we got the scholarship are we allowed to go to our target university?

Many thanks,

Wilbert

Edited by Wilbert ST34

3 hours ago, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Riel,

Read your message just now. Yes, i will keep in touch with you once i got the scholarship, finger-crossed.

I wonder if during your time, you two, were the only applicants in PH? Cause in 2018 DAAD report, there were about 14 applicants for PhD from Pinas who got the scholarship.

And yes, we don't have interview. I don't know why. You had yours? Who interviewed you back then?

Also, i'm quite concern with the corona outbreak, is everything fine in Germany? I mean, provided we got the scholarship are we allowed to go to our target university?

Many thanks,

Wilbert

Hey Wilbert

I just wanted to clarify in terms of the DAAD report (2018) as I went through it the other day. I think you are confusing the number of people selected for the "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany",  as the report clearly mentions the number, which I am quoting here:

" Among the most popular scholarship programmes is “Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany”. In 2018, the DAAD selected 327 scholarship holders from over 1,700 applications; they will receive funding for up to four years to earn their doctorates at German higher education institutions." (pg-18 from the DAAD report, 2018)

And the fact that in pg-86 (or in any region specific category of 'Doctoral candidates in different countries) the number surpasses the 327 number (even in the complete overview the number is around 5043). So that means as there are so many programmes within DAAD catering to various categories of students over the world, especially Doctoral candidates, it doesn't mean the succesful ones are among who had applied in the "Research Grants - Doctoral Prammes" programmes, of which there is limited funding. By going with DAAD's estimate 327 out of 1700 would roughly mean 1 in 5 get scholarship in this category, over the world.

And I also share your concern in terms of the recent corona outbreak as things seems to getting worse every day, esepcially in Europe. Let's hope things get better as summer approaches!

Regards

Edited by atavist13
Grammatical mistake

3 hours ago, atavist13 said:

Hey Wilbert

I just wanted to clarify in terms of the DAAD report (2018) as I went through it the other day. I think you are confusing the number of people selected for the "Research Grants - Doctoral Programmes in Germany",  as the report clearly mentions the number, which I am quoting here:

" Among the most popular scholarship programmes is “Research Grants – Doctoral Programmes in Germany”. In 2018, the DAAD selected 327 scholarship holders from over 1,700 applications; they will receive funding for up to four years to earn their doctorates at German higher education institutions." (pg-18 from the DAAD report, 2018)

And the fact that in pg-86 (or in any region specific category of 'Doctoral candidates in different countries) the number surpasses the 327 number (even in the complete overview the number is around 5043). So that means as there are so many programmes within DAAD catering to various categories of students over the world, especially Doctoral candidates, it doesn't mean the succesful ones are among who had applied in the "Research Grants - Doctoral Prammes" programmes, of which there is limited funding. By going with DAAD's estimate 327 out of 1700 would roughly mean 1 in 5 get scholarship in this category, over the world.

And I also share your concern in terms of the recent corona outbreak as things seems to getting worse every day, esepcially in Europe. Let's hope things get better as summer approaches!

Regards

Thank you for clarifying. Now, my hope drastically fades ~sigh~

Yeah, we hope that everyone will be free of the COVID-19 all around the world

Regards from Manila, Philippines

Wilbert

1 hour ago, The New Kid said:

Hello everyone, any  DAAD Helmut Scholars arriving via Berlin Telgel on the 1st of April for the language course at CDC? Maybe we can jump on the same cab? Is there an active WhatsApp group for Helmut Scholars 2020?

Hello there The New Kid. I am arriving in the morning of April 1 at Berlin Tegel. Where is your accommodation? We can hop on the same cab if we have the same accommodation. We have a Whatsapp group for those attending Erfurt University but I can add you if you want. Let me know.

41 minutes ago, KevinC. said:

Hello there The New Kid. I am arriving in the morning of April 1 at Berlin Tegel. Where is your accommodation? We can hop on the same cab if we have the same accommodation. We have a Whatsapp group for those attending Erfurt University but I can add you if you want. Let me know.

Hi Kevin, unfortunately. I will be arriving later in the afternoon

24 minutes ago, The New Kid said:

Hi Kevin, unfortunately. I will be arriving later in the afternoon

I see. Well, see you in CDC Berlin soon! Hoping that the COVID19 situation gets better so we could all push through with our respective programs!

On 3/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, Wilbert ST34 said:

Hi Riel,

Many thanks,

Wilbert

We were interviewed by 3 people- 2 from the German embassy and one from DAAD. Yup, 2 lang kaming Filipino who got "Research Grants- Doctoral Programme in Germany". Good luck! Usually sabay-sabay release ng results depende sa region. 

Hi all, my application status has changed to "Funding" since three days now, but I am yet to get any official or unofficial notification from DAAD (neither in my email nor the DAAD portal)  as to if I was awarded the scholarship as the application status suggests. 

Is there anyone else who is experiencing or experienced something similar? What can I do now?

Hi
I received a negative notification 2 days ago !!...got very disappointed as I tried to have powerful application and worked hard to prepare it; secured all the elements  I know the selection commitee  look at in taking  decision; supervisor's agreement , proposal written in a good way and under the supervision of my tutor , and excellent GPA however not succeeded!!!
Those who have earned the schlorship what are clues in their opinion  behind earning Daad!!!

And why the number selected is very few compared to the number of applications;only 24 from 198 according to DAAD.

Regards

1 hour ago, Pullie said:

This morning I've got a message that I will be awarded for the master scholarship for all disciplines !!! I'm applying from South Korea, and wish luck to all the people who hasn't got the response yet.

Congratulations! That’s so well done! What are you studying? Have they let you know any more beyond being awarded? 

Edited by SashaGenau

34 minutes ago, Pullie said:

This morning I've got a message that I will be awarded for the master scholarship for all disciplines !!! I'm applying from South Korea, and wish luck to all the people who hasn't got the response yet.

Congrats!! When did you have your interview?

19 hours ago, SashaGenau said:

Congratulations! That’s so well done! What are you studying? Have they let you know any more beyond being awarded? 

Thanks ! My major is related to visual art , and they only notified that I will get the letter of award later.